The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
As I said before I could give a sh*t less. I have "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids" on VHS, so there's no point in bellyaching over whether they get released on DVD or not!
Because VHS tapes last forever right? And they look awesome too.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
DVDs are just as fragile as videotapes, dude! Nothing lasts forever, unfortunately! Even comic books will eventually deteriorate into dust.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Are they on HDVHS?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #24
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
DVDs are just as fragile as videotapes, dude! Nothing lasts forever, unfortunately! Even comic books will eventually deteriorate into dust.
Except DVDs don't deteriorate from repeat viewings and if you're not a moron you can make disks last a very long time. My Dad still has CDs from the 80s that still play like they're brand new. Some disks can last up to 300 years.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #25
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Even comic books will eventually deteriorate into dust.
Despite that taking (I assume) a really long time, it's still a depressing thought.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #26
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
DVDs don't deteriorate from repeat viewings and if you're not a moron you can make disks last a very long time. My Dad still has CDs from the 80s that still play like they're brand new. Some disks can last up to 300 years.
Yea, so what? I got an Elton John album on cassette that came out around the late 70s and it still works fine! My parents recently dug out their old vinyl records that they got around the time they were married, and for the most part they still work great! Anything can last longer as long as you take good care of it, and just because a format is long since obsolete, it doesn't mean we should look down on it!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
just because a format is long since obsolete, it doesn't mean we should look down on it!
I look down on Bluray. Take THAT!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #28
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Yea, so what? I got an Elton John album on cassette that came out around the late 70s and it still works fine! My parents recently dug out their old vinyl records that they got around the time they were married, and for the most part they still work great! Anything can last longer as long as you take good care of it, and just because a format is long since obsolete, it doesn't mean we should look down on it!
Right so why should they ever release that Elton John album again on CD? I mean plenty of people like you still have cassette tape players right? They still put cassette tape players in cars. Cassettes can be played in computers too, you can easily rip them for use with an ipod. No. I look down on old tech that is garbage. Vinyl records aren't garbage and while completely out dated they're at least collectors items and still being produced to this day. VHS tapes are not, and for good reason.

They were always crap. We're not talking Laser Disk here. We're talking a format that burns itself out. I had TMNT tapes of mine that broke when I was a kid from watching them too much. I can't even watch any of my tapes from childhood. They all look horrid because I've worn the them out. So saying episodes of the series shouldn't be released on DVD simply because you can acquire VHS copies is just silly. VHS tapes would only last a long time if you never watched them, which defeats the purpose of owning it if you ask me.

And while they mind blowingly still have a few things like this
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-...1309955&sr=8-1

It won't be around much longer and given the price I'd say it's pretty old.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So saying episodes of the series shouldn't be released on DVD simply because you can acquire VHS copies is just silly.
He isn't saying they shouldn't be released, he's saying we shouldn't whine about not getting them on DVD.

And if Lionsgate is going to keep dodging our e-mails and flat out ignore those episodes for whatever reason... it's not a terrible attitude to have is it?

That being said, it shouldn't affect him one way or the other if we bitch about.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #30
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the missing episodes and the rest of season 10 released on DVD someday (whether or not they re-release the season 10 episodes already on DVD is of no concern to me) but I'm not gonna spend every minute here on this forum pissing and moaning about it like CyberCubed does.

And Spitfire, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with VHS tapes. Are you sure you didn't just have a crappy VCR in your house though?
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 03-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
The whole reason I stopped caring is because my solution to just release the unreleased episodes makes you unhappy!
Wait, this whole attitude is because people think it's ridiculous to just release the unreleased episodes as opposed to the full 10th season all together plus the 2 (3 in length) that they skipped?

Man, life's hard, get a flippin' helmet!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
I too just want the seven remaining episodes yet to be released but my concern is proper releases of TMNT(2003) season 3, the first 12 of season 4, and season 7. Hopefully one day it will happen. I avoided the season 3 and early season 4 volumes in hopes of season halves or full season and then it stopped churning out. Ah,wel. That's life. We will get one of all of it one day. For now its youtube and what ever has been personally recorded of all that.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #33
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
but I'm not gonna spend every minute here on this forum pissing and moaning about it like CyberCubed does.
Someone's stuck in the past...

Yeah, he used to beat that dead horse. But Cyber's been cool for like the past year now.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #34
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
I have had success finding them on YouTube, but on disc would just make my fandom complete.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, he used to beat that dead horse. But Cyber's been cool for like the past year now.
Well, I don't come on here too often like I used to, so I wouldn't know.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #36
Hardshell
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 106
With the Turtles in the news due to Bay and his movie now would be a wise time for Lionsgate to release that last TMNT DVD ...
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #37
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Lionsgate usually releases a DVD of the classic toon when another animated series actually airs. Besides, the whole Michael Bay issue is stirring up a lot of anger and hatred from the fandom... not exactly the best environment for producers to be shelling out DVDs in my opinion.

BTW, Hardshell, I appreciate you using the term "Last DVD" instead of "Season 10" or any other assumption of what the final release would be.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #38
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I appreciate you using the term "Last DVD" instead of "Season 10" or any other assumption of what the final release would be.
You're weird.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #39
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
1987 cartoon instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Lionsgate usually releases a DVD of the classic toon when another animated series actually airs. Besides, the whole Michael Bay issue is stirring up a lot of anger and hatred from the fandom... not exactly the best environment for producers to be shelling out DVDs in my opinion.

BTW, Hardshell, I appreciate you using the term "Last DVD" instead of "Season 10" or any other assumption of what the final release would be.
For everyone who dislikes this new TMNT movie, what wouldn't be better for them than buying a DVD fromt he 1987 cartoon instead, where they don't need to see the new origin.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #40
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
For everyone who dislikes this new TMNT movie, what wouldn't be better for them than buying a DVD fromt he 1987 cartoon instead, where they don't need to see the new origin.
You're annoying.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.