The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Now I don't feel bad about tearing up. I did the same when I saw the trailer on tv for 'Halloween: Resurrection'. At the time, I didn't realize what crap I was going to see, but when I first saw it, I was so excited to see Myers back on the big screen.

I love all the voices so far.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #22
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I'm excited. It looked like a mixture of the 80's show and 2k3 from the trailer. I just think a lot of people look at the 80's show through rose colored glasses. Anyway can't wait to actually see a whole episode.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Boo. This doesn't even look remotely ready to be aired on TV.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #24
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I love how people on here are like 'Oh man, it's just too kiddish'. We're adults. The cartoon isn't made for us. It's MADE for KIDS!!!! It's on Nickelodeon. It's geared towards pre-teens (more specifically younger kids). I mean, come on!!

I, for one, am loving it. I can't wait for more video. This one is just great.
Yea there's still people saying it. The video was posted online by the TMNT Facebook page. And the part of the fan base is really starting to open up to it. But then there's still those brick heads who won't wake up and smell the turtle power. But It dose look like more people are opening up to it. Which it is good!
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
damn... i dont like leo's voice...raphs a lil too nerdy too....
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #26
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Yep. I think a lot of people will like this. Looks like they're putting a lot of effort into it.

My only concern is how long they can keep big names like Sean Astin and Jason Biggs on the show. I don't want a debacle that was the voice changes of the OT. Still makes me cringe.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #27
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMaster4 View Post
Yea there's still people saying it. The video was posted online by the TMNT Facebook page. And the part of the fan base is really starting to open up to it. But then there's still those brick heads who won't wake up and smell the turtle power. But It dose look like more people are opening up to it. Which it is good!
I accepted 2K3 which was just a "kids series". I don't accept this. Has nothing to do with being a "brick head" it has to do with quality. How could anyone seriously argue that's well animated? It looks like a low budget cut scene from an Xbox Live Arcade game.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I like it!

And if you want to check it out without the watermark, I've got it up on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4276585598915
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #29
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i think for a tv series, this quality is fine....it's not a movie anyway...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #30
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Lord. We finally get a video, after all this time, and the dumb-ass arguments start. Can you really say that the OT's animation was great?

Either way, I know that people are going to love this show, and people are going to hate it. I don't think there's going to be an inbetween. I, for one, can't stand the 4Kids cartoon.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #31
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
as a tv series, i think 2k3 is well done enough at that time. after all, compared with OT, it was a big improvement.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #32
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
The quality is fine. Some people are just overly critical. There wasn't a watermark when I watched it. Since we have this now, I wonder if we'll get more at ComiCon?
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #33
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
That was really cool. I'm so exciteeeeeeeed.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #34
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i agree that the quality is fine for a tv series too... but i think that some ppl dont like the new show has something to do with donnies missing tooth...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I like it!

And if you want to check it out without the watermark, I've got it up on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4276585598915
I had to snag it from you and get it up on Youtube!



Thanks for grabbing it off the EW site, I couldn't get it.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #36
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Lord. We finally get a video, after all this time, and the dumb-ass arguments start. Can you really say that the OT's animation was great?

Either way, I know that people are going to love this show, and people are going to hate it. I don't think there's going to be an inbetween. I, for one, can't stand the 4Kids cartoon.
No the OTs animation wasn't great, who said it was? 2K3 however had great animation. CG animation on TV always looks like crap. Hardly a dumb ass argument. I could list some other things about it I dislike too but I'm sure you'd perceive my opinion as wrong some how because you can't see past "Oh new shiny turtles thing!" It's like when BTTS came out everyone talked about how the show had gone back to formula and it was gonna be "dark again" and blah blah. It turned out to be lamer then FF ever was.

If you want to sit here and eat whatever garbage you're spoon fed then that's fine. I'm not going to stop being critical just because something I love has a new movie, series, comic, whatever. I don't cream my pants everytime something new comes out from a franchise I follow. It's gotta prove itself. This series still has a chance to change my mind but as of right now to me it looks horrid.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #37
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Aaaaaaand now I'm going to get it from you. Thanks!!

Yeah, just because I like it means I'm just liking what's being 'spoonfed' to me. I like what's being shown, how is that different from you NOT liking what you're being shown? Anyway, you can keep trying to convince us it's not up to tv's standards.

I guess I'm just an idiot for liking something. If I want to sound smart, I must say I don't like it. You know, show people I'm not with the majority.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:


Last edited by DonatelloFan; 06-21-2012 at 09:52 AM.
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #38
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Me like.

Though a little difficult to really judge the animation based from how fast the clips went, it already looks better than PoM and KFP:LoA.

The voices sound pretty great, too.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #39
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I'm glad for the mostly gracious support you have provided, and this looks to be a big turnaround that should finally start to get people turtling out all over again! And It looks like we'll be seeing pizza much more than perhaps video games this time!

Quote:
"It's like a band. You want a Beatles thing".
Sounds like the new exec. producer knows what he's doing!

Remember, the audience doesn't understand much of a sense of history of animation; when I was watching the OT when it aired, I thought that it was just the animators choice, and all that mattered was a good, fun story.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #40
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
I take back every negative thing I said about it, this has an awesome vibe, a great mix of action and wackiness. Can't wait!!
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.