The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #1901
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
August is the most specific we've gotten, and it's the most specific I think we'll get. Movie toy lines get street dates, but I can't recall any cartoon toy line that ever got one. Basically they'll show up whenever stores do their resets in August.

As for the leaks this early, it's not uncommon for TRU to "accidentally" do that via their site a good two months in advance. I don't think they would ever admit to it, but they like testing the waters.

Edit: Joker08 has answered my questions, and supplied some more pictures: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php...#entry16764192

Turns out the Kraang still has all six of it's arms. The pictures of it with two can be explained by the other arms being stuffed into the android body and out of site. Also, if anybody was curious, the cape he had on Shredder was the old toon Shredder's cape. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't recognize it (then again, I never did have a Shredder back then...). He also posted a picture of Shredder's bio. Not bad, but rather bland. Some, even tiny, hint as to why he's after Yoshi/Splinter would have been nice.

i'm glad that kraang actually has all of his arms, because they make him look so much cooler! i'm definitly getting him, but im not so sure about shredder, the all white eyes look very wierd, and considering he has a scar on one of his eyes in the new show, playmates missed out on a detail that could have easily been done.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #1902
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior
 
andrewdsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 952
The new figures are much more uglier than i expect..
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #1903
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I like them and will be collecting as well as acting as a private distributor...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #1904
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
I just got my Michelangelo, Raphael, and Donatello, as well as my Toy Fair Donatello, in the mail today, and just looking at them, they look awesome. I love the size difference between Donatello and Mikey. They all have a lot of articulation, but because of the knee and elbow pads, it's actually a little more difficult than I would have imagined to pose them.

I'm going to post pictures of the weapons racks, and I've got to say, they're very underwhelming, except for Donatello's.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #1905
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I just got my Michelangelo, Raphael, and Donatello, as well as my Toy Fair Donatello, in the mail today, and just looking at them, they look awesome. I love the size difference between Donatello and Mikey. They all have a lot of articulation, but because of the knee and elbow pads, it's actually a little more difficult than I would have imagined to pose them.

I'm going to post pictures of the weapons racks, and I've got to say, they're very underwhelming, except for Donatello's.

Awesome! i'd love to see pictures of the new figures! could you send me a message when you post them, because i really want to see them!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #1906
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Awesome! i'd love to see pictures of the new figures! could you send me a message when you post them, because i really want to see them!
Absolutely. Really wish I would have gotten Leo, too, because it just looks bare without him in the mix. But I'll have him soon.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #1907
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior
 
andrewdsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 952
Actually the classic lines are not bad,i will head to toys rus in August to check them in person.
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #1908
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Alright, here's 10 pictures comparing all I could of the new and old Turtles, as well as showing all the weapons racks, and side by side comparisons to their counterpart. Mikey and Don are REALLY different in size, and although I don't have him, I believe Raph will be slightly taller than Leo, making Leo the second shortest.

Take a look at Mikey's signature weapon on the rack. After seeing the prototype, it makes me sick. Donatello has a nice naginata, but that three-part bo he has is just stupid (in my opinion). Mikey's nunchucks are a lot more stiff than the '88 version. Probably because of the 'chain'. They don't bend well.

Raphael by FAR has the nicest weapon assortment. I don't think anyone will disagree on that. Those half-sais of his, that's crazy, and a very nice substitute weapon.

I put the pictures in spoilers because I know some people here either don't like reviews, or they would just simply make fun of the fact that I spent money on toys that are 'just going to come out in a couple months'.

I hope everyone who looks, enjoys. If anyone wants any specific pictures, let me know, and I'll be happy to take them.

Spoiler:
Here's the Turtles I got, shown from the side, compared to NECA & OT Donatello.



NECA, OT, Movie Star, & Nickelodeon Donatello's



Nickelodeon Don, Mike, and Raph side by side



Aaaand the backs



2012 Don with his weapon rack



2012 Raph with his weapon rack



2012 Mike with his weapon rack



2012 & 1988 Donatello



2012 & 1988 Raphael



2012 & 1988 Michelangelo
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #1909
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
I...don't...think I want these anymore.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #1910
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
The differences between the prototypes and the final mass market versions are really disappointing.

I'm still going to get them, but I have a person in mind to beef up the paint.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #1911
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Extremely disappointing. Especially because that was the first picture we saw of them. Got everyone hyped up, only to be let down. The paintjob on the Toy Fair Don is a little nicer, and the bandana is lighter, but yeah, the prototypes probably put a lot of people off on these.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #1912
SS_Turtle
Hench Mutant
 
SS_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The differences between the prototypes and the final mass market versions are really disappointing.

I'm still going to get them, but I have a person in mind to beef up the paint.
I was really hoping they wouldn't cheap out on the final versions but I'll end up buying them as well....
SS_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #1913
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Sh*tty lazy paint jobs (or the lack thereof in the case of the weapons), I still really like the sculpts. Thanks for sharing.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 AM   #1914
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Hey like I said before if anyone wants to toss me a few dollars I'd be more than happy to make the figures look as they should.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #1915
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
They ALL have enormous feet. Not a favorite feature of mine, but I'm still liking all the toys.
To looks as she is wearing UGGS or something...
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #1916
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Alright, here's 10 pictures comparing all I could of the new and old Turtles, as well as showing all the weapons racks, and side by side comparisons to their counterpart. Mikey and Don are REALLY different in size, and although I don't have him, I believe Raph will be slightly taller than Leo, making Leo the second shortest.

Take a look at Mikey's signature weapon on the rack. After seeing the prototype, it makes me sick. Donatello has a nice naginata, but that three-part bo he has is just stupid (in my opinion). Mikey's nunchucks are a lot more stiff than the '88 version. Probably because of the 'chain'. They don't bend well.

Raphael by FAR has the nicest weapon assortment. I don't think anyone will disagree on that. Those half-sais of his, that's crazy, and a very nice substitute weapon.

I put the pictures in spoilers because I know some people here either don't like reviews, or they would just simply make fun of the fact that I spent money on toys that are 'just going to come out in a couple months'.

I hope everyone who looks, enjoys. If anyone wants any specific pictures, let me know, and I'll be happy to take them.

Spoiler:
Here's the Turtles I got, shown from the side, compared to NECA & OT Donatello.



NECA, OT, Movie Star, & Nickelodeon Donatello's



Nickelodeon Don, Mike, and Raph side by side



Aaaand the backs



2012 Don with his weapon rack



2012 Raph with his weapon rack



2012 Mike with his weapon rack



2012 & 1988 Donatello



2012 & 1988 Raphael



2012 & 1988 Michelangelo


I have a question. Once you snap those weapons off of the weapon rack, could you put them back on?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #1917
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I have a question. Once you snap those weapons off of the weapon rack, could you put them back on?
I don't know if I'm going to take the weapons off the rack. I may, sooner or later, but I have no reason to right now. I do like Raph's weapons, and Don's other bo, but the rest aren't worth removing. But to answer what I think the question was: No, once you take the weapons off, you can't put them back.

And I'd be interested Vaughn, if you really can get it like the prototype. Do I just need to PM you?
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #1918
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Hey like I said before if anyone wants to toss me a few dollars I'd be more than happy to make the figures look as they should.
I'd be interested in hearing a quote, at the very least.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #1919
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Am I the only one that isn't upset with the paint job on the turtles? I think they have plenty. It's not a "ton" of paint, but there's enough. They've got paint on their headbands, eyes, teeth (well, except Don), knee pads, wrist wraps, finger wraps, knee pads, ankle wraps, and Don even has paint on the ring in his strap. I'm ok with the weapons not having any paint. Given that these are meant to be played with, that paint would probably rub off rather quickly.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #1920
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
The 2K3 figures had painted weapons. I don't mind just brown, white, and silver. They could always make the weapons out of brown plastic and then paint the blades silver.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.