The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #2901
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
amazon.com has dropped the price of the Shellraiser to $29.99 (same as target now! cheapest i've seen so far)
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #2902
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
If you guys tht have the classic 2012 and the nick toon tmnt figs, don`t mind, could you tell me which set you think are better?
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #2903
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
If you guys tht have the classic 2012 and the nick toon tmnt figs, don`t mind, could you tell me which set you think are better?
To 'play' with? The basic figures. To display? It's a close one, but if in package, then the Classic's. I like the way the Nick figures look displayed, too, but the Classic's in my opinion are meant to be displayed, because even with all that articulation, it's not easy to pose in that many ways.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #2904
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Oh, Amazon is the same way. I was thinking of buying the four giant Turtles from TrU online, but now I'm probably not going to if they don't protect them. I'd say the package came damaged and that you want to return the items.
I've noticed that both amazon and tru ship without protection on the bottom. If they placed a layer of bubble or packing peanuts on the bottom this would help a ton. Otherwise all the figures on the bottom are absorbing impacts from the ones on top.
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #2905
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I always order amazon when possible. I'm not a MOC collector so the condition is not a big deal to me. Honestly most items come in great condition by my standards. They have great customer service, fast shipping and (usually) low prices.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #2906
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I always order amazon when possible. I'm not a MOC collector so the condition is not a big deal to me. Honestly most items come in great condition by my standards. They have great customer service, fast shipping and (usually) low prices.
They'd be the best if I wan't wanting to get practically mint packages. Sadly, I thought out of all the figures I bought, at least SOME would be good to keep, but so far only a couple have only had very minor problems.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #2907
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
more business for amazon!

Dragon Chopper is now $19.99


(i paid $21.99 for mine 2 days ago argh!)

Also: the official playmates TMNT toys youtube account has added some more videos
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #2908
Slash32
Hench Mutant
 
Slash32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Posts: 353
So i was looking around on google to see if there was any info on the new figures and i found this

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/18/463...ant-ninja.html

Now my question is has anybody been to Toysrus today to see if they have any displays of the new figures?
__________________
My Collection take a look tell me what you think thanks.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38168[/URL]
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #2909
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash32 View Post
So i was looking around on google to see if there was any info on the new figures and i found this

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/18/463...ant-ninja.html

Now my question is has anybody been to Toysrus today to see if they have any displays of the new figures?
Actually, I went yesterday to my TrU because online it said the Shellraiser was there. Went, and they had an endcap with the Turtles on it. Problem to me was, it wasn't even a FULL endcap. About 3/4 of the way up, and on up from that, was some other toys.

It apparently had been up for a few days at least, because only Raphael and Leonardo (one each), one each of the Raphael and Donatello role-playing sets, about two each of the giant Turtles, 2 each of the 'exclusive figures' vehicles, 2 Shellraiser's, and about 4 each of the Rippin' Rider's and Skateboard's.

No banner, no signs, nothing. Just 3/4 of an endcap with a crappy selection...
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #2910
Slash32
Hench Mutant
 
Slash32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Actually, I went yesterday to my TrU because online it said the Shellraiser was there. Went, and they had an endcap with the Turtles on it. Problem to me was, it wasn't even a FULL endcap. About 3/4 of the way up, and on up from that, was some other toys.

It apparently had been up for a few days at least, because only Raphael and Leonardo (one each), one each of the Raphael and Donatello role-playing sets, about two each of the giant Turtles, 2 each of the 'exclusive figures' vehicles, 2 Shellraiser's, and about 4 each of the Rippin' Rider's and Skateboard's.

No banner, no signs, nothing. Just 3/4 of an endcap with a crappy selection...
Yeah that's what I saw on Saturday but i called a toysrus store the other day to see if they had some figures and they told me yes but that they couldn't sell to me because they had a big roll out for July 19th, so tomorrow is July 19th and I'll be working by that toysrus so I'll be going on my lunch to check it out
__________________
My Collection take a look tell me what you think thanks.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38168[/URL]
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #2911
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash32 View Post
Yeah that's what I saw on Saturday but i called a toysrus store the other day to see if they had some figures and they told me yes but that they couldn't sell to me because they had a big roll out for July 19th, so tomorrow is July 19th and I'll be working by that toysrus so I'll be going on my lunch to check it out
I guess just like how the West Coast got them before everyone else, other stores are getting them before others. But, I have mine. All I need is the giant Turtles, the two exclusive figure vehicles, and the skateboard. Good luck tomorrow.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #2912
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
Here's an auction for my fellow Canadians that want a set of the basic four without waiting 'til Aug. Only $12 shipping! If posting this is against the rules, I apologize... let me know and I'll remove it. I'm just trying to help out. Came across it on eBay and I it's decently priced compared to most others.
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #2913
Agent 86
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 152
Has BBTS started shipping pre-orders for TMNT Classics to US fans yet?

They still haven't cancelled my pre-order (even though I'm an international customer) and I'm wondering whether they're going to honour those pre-orders which were made before Playmates instructed them not to ship outside the US.
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #2914
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
my toysrus has finally stocked on the TMNT figures.

i managed to get don and raph. (no leo or mikey) a kraang and the last shredder.

these are freakin' awesome!!

an old lady already got a don - prtobily for her kid i assume. seriously these figures ain't gonna last.

all the good figures were already taken. save for a few foots, kraangs and 2 splinters.
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #2915
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Also: the official playmates TMNT toys youtube account has added some more videos
very cool! I'll be checking these out

Also, anyone who attended The Con, did you receive a catalog featuring the new toys? There is one listed on eBay
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276

Last edited by TheCanadiandrome; 07-18-2012 at 11:51 PM.
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #2916
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
Also, anyone who attended The Con, did you receive a catalog featuring the new toys? There is one listed on eBay
Some Playmates guys passed them around before the TMNT panel. I believe it's the same one that's packed inside each action figure package.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #2917
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Oh ok thanks Rose! If it comes with the figures than there's no need for me to try to acquire one by another means
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #2918
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
I only got the catalogue with April and Raph.

I scanned it and uploaded to FlickR last week, if this is the one you're talking about.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hero777/7536193604/


On a side note: Looks like the outside-US embargo has stopped.

BBTS sent me a shipping notice for an order previously cancelled(?). Naughty, I know. I however will have Don and Leo finally, and a spare Mike n Raph for my nephews.

Last edited by Hero; 07-19-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #2919
Topsu
Hench Mutant
 
Topsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
On a side note: Looks like the outside-US embargo has stopped.

BBTS sent me a shipping notice for an order previously cancelled(?). Naughty, I know. I however will have Don and Leo finally, and a spare Mike n Raph for my nephews.
Oh? Here's hoping I don't have to wait for european release to get them at reasonable price...
EDIT: Hmm, BBTS still says USA only....
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #2920
Green Machine
Hench Mutant
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
Has BBTS started shipping pre-orders for TMNT Classics to US fans yet?

They still haven't cancelled my pre-order (even though I'm an international customer) and I'm wondering whether they're going to honour those pre-orders which were made before Playmates instructed them not to ship outside the US.
I pre-ordered a case of them from BBTS. They charged my account yesterday and the order is in the warehouse. But it hasn't shipped yet.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.