The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #41
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
The level of ignorance of some so called TMNT fans are off the charts. Just look at the ratings of this trailer on IGN's channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMigBNFSKs

*facepalm*
Whoa! I can't belive it's getting that many dislikes!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #42
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
I do, most people don't actually don't care about it and just think it looks bad, and the new ideas they brought to this show are bad. Just look around on other parts of the internet.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
The level of ignorance of some so called TMNT fans are off the charts. Just look at the ratings of this trailer on IGN's channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMigBNFSKs

*facepalm*
Agree the hate toward the CG especially is ridiculous.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #44
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
The level of ignorance of some so called TMNT fans are off the charts. Just look at the ratings of this trailer on IGN's channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMigBNFSKs

*facepalm*
89% of IGN's viewers are hardcore gamers who only care about Call of Duty or Gears of War. I've seen a lot of non-game related trailers on IGN's channel that got trashed to hell by these people.
__________________

Last edited by Moonlight1102; 07-21-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: 99% is probably a little off.
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,777
Most of those bastards are not even TMNT fans but random people talking about a franchise they don't know. I'd love to tear them limb from limb but I'll just let it be.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #46
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I like it. I posted my full thoughts on my blog about it. I really like the monkey though. Hope to see quite a bit of him.

Last edited by Cowabunga Carl; 07-21-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #47
TheCollector
Hench Mutant
 
TheCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 293
I got to say, while I'm still iffy on the new show, I really don't like April's line too much, I mean just the way it sounds as she says it, and the line itself, it's kinda, well, kinda stating the obvious.

And if you ask me it sounds a bit rude when you consider the turtles are mutants too. She could of left out the mutant part of her sentence.
TheCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #48
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
292 likes, 1,287 dislikes... why d ppl watch someting they dont like then? weird.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #49
psych23232323
Foot Soldier
 
psych23232323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Here
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Whoa! I can't belive it's getting that many dislikes!
Don't be that surprised.

The thing is; this is a Nickelodeon CGI show.

Nick's CGI shows have not been that great...

You have the shows that are based off of CGI movies like Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar; they pretty much just recycle old jokes from the movies.

So I assumed that one of the reasons it has so many dislikes, is it's because of Nick's history with CGI shows.

Then again; I see a lot of bad cartoons and shows out there for kids that somehow get a ton of episodes and seasons. So it may not appeal to the old generation but if there's enough of the new generation to like it; it'll last for a while.

Heck look at how long Spongebob and the Fairly Oddparents have been going on.
psych23232323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #50
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i think this vote is suspicious...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #51
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych23232323 View Post
Then again; I see a lot of bad cartoons and shows out there for kids that somehow get a ton of episodes and seasons. So it may not appeal to the old generation but if there's enough of the new generation to like it; it'll last for a while.
*cough*JohnnyTest*cough*
__________________
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #52
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
It's sad how most cartoons made nowadays look like utter garbage these days.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #53
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
^ yea wut matter's is the quality. i d rather watch a couple of animations that r really good, other than watch a whole lot garbage.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #54
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Irony......
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #55
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
It's sad how most cartoons made nowadays look like utter garbage these days.
which is not surprising either. rare things are precious.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #56
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Thanks for posting. I love the trailer, and Shredder sounds really good.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,777
Anyone notice they repeated the same scene with the Kraang coming out of its body, the turtles being surprised, and then Mike hitting it with his nunchucks? But the background is different from the "Meet the Kraang" trailer.

I REALLY hope this doesn't mean they're reusing scenes in a totally separate episode...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #58
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior
 
TMNT_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I REALLY hope this doesn't mean they're reusing scenes in a totally separate episode...
They said at the comic-con panel that the Kraang trailer was just something they put together to show the animation style. It's not a clip from one of the episodes. Think of it more as a pilot.
__________________
TMNT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #59
voltron80
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Whoa! I can't belive it's getting that many dislikes!
I wouldn't sweat it like someone said if it's not COD or Gears of War people are going to hate on it. As for me I think the show looks good not sure what people are really complaining about or what they're expecting from this show. My only fear is that the other mutants are dumb as hell and one-dimensional.

Another reason for the thumbs down could be TMNT '87 loyalist like Transformers G1 fans they hate anything from that's not from that era. There's a dude on YouTube that made like four videos ranting about them. Back to the trailers I could understand if the show was Fanboy and Chum Chum ugly but the turtles and Splinter look good and April looks alright.

As for tone I think with shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show out there it probably given the writers some room to work with to make it kid friendly but it still can bring in people who grew up with the last two Ninja Turtles series.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #60
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
I think by the looks of the clips so far this show is going to get very annoying very fast. Just have to wait and see i guess.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, shredder


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.