The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 01:16 AM   #61
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight1102 View Post
89% of IGN's viewers are hardcore gamers who only care about Call of Duty or Gears of War. I've seen a lot of non-game related trailers on IGN's channel that got trashed to hell by these people.
I am also a hardcore gamer but gaming has nothing to do with tv shows! These people who are saying bad things about it are not TRUE TMNT FANS! They are some idiots who have never watch any tmnt before and know nothing about it!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #62
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Yeah the hate on youtube is really strong for the Nick Turtles. People hate change though. I hope that's all it is.

Even I, being the hardcore turtles fan that I am, am not going to be completely sold on the new show until after I see a full episode. There are too many things about the previews that are drawing my attention and I'm not sure if it's going to be to my liking.

All I know for certain at this point is the turtles themselves *LOOK* great.

Nickelodeon spent a lot of money to buy out the TMNT license, they've clearly spent a lot of money on the show, and the entire future of the property, be it comics, video games, action figures, live action films and future seasons of the cartoon are ALL DEPENDING on how well this show turns out.

I am 100% on its side. Unless it sucks.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:28 AM   #63
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
From the 25.631 views that it has only 1600+ comments most of them against it. This means that these people who dont like it are a minority. And they are NOT TRUE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES FANS!!! Most of them might have never watched any episode of tmnt. Just ignore them. I am sure it will lot of new fans thanks to Nick.


I just finished reading all the comments. And the majority of them are against it. These comments are from people who have never watched tmnt before or from some idiots who dont even know what tmnt is. I decided to not even reply to them because it is not worth to waste my time fighting with them. Ignoring them is the best we can do.

Last edited by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19; 07-22-2012 at 01:53 AM.
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #64
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
I do, most people don't actually don't care about it and just think it looks bad, and the new ideas they brought to this show are bad. Just look around on other parts of the internet.
most people dont care about it? There are millions of people who cares about it but most of them do not comment on forums and youtube to say their opinion about it. Those who dont care are people who dont like action carttons or those who dont like cartoons in general
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #65
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight1102 View Post
89% of IGN's viewers are hardcore gamers who only care about Call of Duty or Gears of War. I've seen a lot of non-game related trailers on IGN's channel that got trashed to hell by these people.
That expains why there is so much hate. Because they dont like anything that is not videogame!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #66
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
No, they all hate it because there part of the tired old "everything remade from my childhood must suck and pale in comparison to what I saw when I was three" mentality that has dogged every new version of an old fave for years now.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #67
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
These people must accept that the 1987 and 2003 TMNT are over. They must move on. Only crazy people or ill people or something like that, are maniacs with one and the same thing!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #68
JH24
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 470
Trailer looks good, reminds me of the '87 series. I just hope they won't rely to much on "mutant of the day" filler episodes.


Shredder looks fantastic. So far I'm getting the same feeling from him as I did with the '03 Shredder. He really seems threatening.



I can't say I like this April very much. I'm being shortsighted here but I'm too much used to the role April played in the '87 and '03 series. Not saying she's bad, but I guess her character will just have to grow on me.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #69
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Unfortunately there are cynics everywhere, especially on the internet. Sadly nostalgia beats all for many people and nothing will ever be better than the original cartoon.
However, didn't the new Thundercats cartoon receive praise from many?
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #70
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles god lot of new fans recetly thanks to IDW comic, and we will get even more new fans when Nick show starts. Because of that it dosent matter if we lost a few fans that dont care for anything else than the 1987 cartoons the new fans that will come from Nick show and IDW will be much more especialy from Nick as it is one of the most popular cartoon networks right now.
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #71
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
Wow! it has over 2.000 dislikes now!! That terrible!!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #72
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
^ ur so excited u double posted...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #73
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
These people must accept that the 1987 and 2003 TMNT are over. They must move on. Only crazy people or ill people or something like that, are maniacs with one and the same thing!
I don't like your attitude and I certainly don't like you spouting crap that because some people don't like the Nick series they must be crazy or sick in the head or not true fans of Ninja Turtles. The latter pisses me off more than anything else.

I am not going to watch it if I don't like it just because it has the Turtles' name stamped on it. I don't play that way. I am not going to follow it off a cliff because "OMG! It's Ninja Turtles!". You could label other things the same way and call it whatever you like, but it's still what it is.

I enjoyed reading the Youtube comments. They made me laugh because I agree with all of them. This series is a train wreck and undoubtedly one will ensue come September when it debuts to the masses. I will be watching that with a tub of popcorn and much amusement.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #74
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No, they all hate it because there part of the tired old "everything remade from my childhood must suck and pale in comparison to what I saw when I was three" mentality that has dogged every new version of an old fave for years now.
Also, because they're part of the tired old, "everything new sucks, period" mentality that plagues Youtube. I challenge anyone here to find a classic rap video that doesn't have a Lil' Wayne diss in the first page of comments, or a classic cartoon video that doesn't have some idiot griping about modern cartoons in general. I saw one such video with a particular idiotic allegation that modern children's cartoons are nothing but fart jokes and swearing, which goes a long way towards proving she hasn't even watched any modern children's cartoons.

The whole thing is garbage; we used to make fun of stupid old farts with these sorts of sentiments, but now that such nostalgic windbags can hide behind a computer screen they just won't shut up about it. I watch the Hub, and every single modern show I've seen based on a Hasbro property is by-far better than its 1980s counterpart, and despite the ridiculous ongoing allegation of "fart jokes," in fact toilet humor in cartoons has been in very steep decline since its height in the 1990s.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #75
shihe
Hench Mutant
 
shihe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 273
I'm a bit ashamed of these people.

I mean, I can't deny that the OT is one of those series that defined my childhood as well (along with Captain Planet, Thundercats, James Bond Jr., etc)

But I don't automatically asume that a series remake /newmake is bad.


And when I do.. I at least give it a chance.
For example... When I started watching 4kids Turtles cartoon, I started watching with a blank Notepad document. I intended to prove that the new cartoon would have a lot of animation mistakes as well.

And I actually did found mistakes... but a lot sooner than later, I stopped caring about finding them, and found myself enjoying the show... A LOT.

Then I understood that I became a hardcore TMNT fan again... And ever since, I live and breath TMNT. I like almost everything related to it. (Still have to man up to watch The Next Mutation). But the point is, I gave it a chance, and I found what is perhaps the best cartoon from the 2000's.

I wish the haters followed my example and at least tried it before complaining.
shihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #76
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I enjoyed reading the Youtube comments. They made me laugh because I agree with all of them. This series is a train wreck and undoubtedly one will ensue come September when it debuts to the masses. I will be watching that with a tub of popcorn and much amusement.
I hope you'll be sorely disappointed
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #77
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post


I enjoyed reading the Youtube comments. They made me laugh because I agree with all of them. This series is a train wreck and undoubtedly one will ensue come September when it debuts to the masses.
So you're not even going to give it a chance, even though based on what we have heard it sounds like they are staying true to the history of TMNT?
__________________




Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 07-22-2012 at 03:23 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I don't like your attitude and I certainly don't like you spouting crap that because some people don't like the Nick series they must be crazy or sick in the head or not true fans of Ninja Turtles. The latter pisses me off more than anything else.

I am not going to watch it if I don't like it just because it has the Turtles' name stamped on it. I don't play that way. I am not going to follow it off a cliff because "OMG! It's Ninja Turtles!". You could label other things the same way and call it whatever you like, but it's still what it is.

I enjoyed reading the Youtube comments. They made me laugh because I agree with all of them. This series is a train wreck and undoubtedly one will ensue come September when it debuts to the masses. I will be watching that with a tub of popcorn and much amusement.
You think the Nick series is a train wreck based on a few clips? That's a load of garbage and you know it. The morons on YouTube aren't even Turtle fans and are making ridiculous comments of it looking like a PS1 game.

You seem to want to hate this from the start and it's people like you the fandom can do without.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #79
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
Also, because they're part of the tired old, "everything new sucks, period" mentality that plagues Youtube. I challenge anyone here to find a classic rap video that doesn't have a Lil' Wayne diss in the first page of comments, or a classic cartoon video that doesn't have some idiot griping about modern cartoons in general. I saw one such video with a particular idiotic allegation that modern children's cartoons are nothing but fart jokes and swearing, which goes a long way towards proving she hasn't even watched any modern children's cartoons.

The whole thing is garbage; we used to make fun of stupid old farts with these sorts of sentiments, but now that such nostalgic windbags can hide behind a computer screen they just won't shut up about it. I watch the Hub, and every single modern show I've seen based on a Hasbro property is by-far better than its 1980s counterpart, and despite the ridiculous ongoing allegation of "fart jokes," in fact toilet humor in cartoons has been in very steep decline since its height in the 1990s.
we shud allow them to speak their reasons why they dislike the cgi turtles.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #80
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post

I enjoyed reading the Youtube comments. They made me laugh because I agree with all of them. This series is a train wreck and undoubtedly one will ensue come September when it debuts to the masses. I will be watching that with a tub of popcorn and much amusement.

Well, good luck with that.

And as aggravating BaxterStockmen19 can be, he has a good point about some fans not accepting change and thank you for proving it.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, shredder


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.