![]() |
|
|
#81 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
|
i wish the turtles r like today's turtles frm the beginning but thats impossible. coz u can't expect ppl in the 80s think the way we think today.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#82 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 273
|
I let go off the OT Turtles the moment the credits for Turtles Forever started rolling.
That was just the ultimate fan-service for most Turtles fans, and now that those episodes (2k3 and OT) were officially concluded, it's time for a new TMNT universe to rise. ...wish other people would see it this way. Not everything should be an exact OT or 4kids toon clone. Like, I had this friend who upon watching the training session said: "Since when does Raphael beat Leonardo!?" and then went on with the usual animation bickering. |
|
|
|
|
|
#83 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
|
All of us here are TMNT fans or we wouldn't be here. However one of the biggest thing a lot of people don't seem to look at, or take into consideration, is that this really isn't for us. Nick isn't making this show for us older fans. We've been really lucky that Nick as included us in this as much as they have.
I'd love if this was more aimed at us. That we would see a lot of what made us fans, and kept us as fans. I'm fine with having the old shows on DVD. I watch them often, I love re-watching them over and over. I'll give this show a go too. Overall I like what I'm seeing mostly. There are somethings that I'm not liking, but then again it isn't meant for me so there are going to be things I don't get or like. Maybe kids today dig it. I don't know. |
|
|
|
|
|
#84 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
|
^ i think leo lost to raph on purpose, obvsly.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#85 | ||
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
|
Quote:
First of all, Splinter is a damn RAT from the beginning, not a human and certainly not Hamato Yoshi. There was no Krang, no crazy mutant-of-the-week types, and bumbling goofy mutant henchmen. April is a young ADULT woman, not a preteen and the Turtles don't look TEN freakin' years old. Quote:
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#86 | |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
Quote:
What's so wrong with making the turtles look like kids? In the mirage comics I think Splinter said they were like 13 in the first issue. As for teen April, I think it could actually work if they do it right.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#87 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
|
Quote:
I can't wait till the rest of my generation opens their eyes to the computer! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#88 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
|
^they will be instilled with turtle cultures frm kindergarten.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#89 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
|
Quote:
Spoiler:
Last edited by TMNT_Guy; 07-22-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Sorry, I didn't realise how big it was. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#90 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
|
^jeez, not even with a spoiler or something?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#91 | |
|
Y'all need Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#92 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 273
|
So.. I never really got why this show had to be a remake of the remake of the remake.
I'm perfectly alright with Nickelodeon trying a new approach. So what if April is a pre-teen? (Though 16, as far as I know IS a teen). If they keep using the same stories over, and over, and over again... then what's the point of watching? I'd just stick to my favorites, they haven't aged THAT much yet. At least this show is going to have its own elements to make it memorable in a certain way. Just like The Next Mutation is famous for Venus (among other things) or the 2k3 toon for Utrom Shredder, or the 80's toon for Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang (among other things as well), etc. You get the idea. Every series, IMO, needs its set of charms. |
|
|
|
|
|
#93 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,776
|
Quote:
I don't sit there hoping a cartoon would fail or saying it looks like a trainwreck based on some clips. NEWSFLASH, every TMNT universe makes changes! Shredder was an Utrom in 4kids, Hamato Yoshi became a guardian, Karai became Shredder's adopted daughter, Baxter became 10 different cyborgs. Almost everything that happened in the 4kids series was something that changed the franchise considerably compared to how it was before. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#94 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
|
why it takes so long to make mikey's intro? maybe they r trying to find the footage without mikey being bullied by his brothers? lolz
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#95 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 283
|
Why is Leonardo Mystic giving us Leo fans a bad name?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#96 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
|
Leonardo Mystic is the most sane fan here. She/he has made great points, has understanding that just because ninja turtles is in the name doesn't mean it will be good.
You guys should just recognize an opinion when you read one, and not recoil and be a brat to others that differ from you. |
|
|
|
|
|
#97 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,355
|
Oh yes, because a negative critical opinion is always the "right one" and the rest of us positive upbeat fans are all "sheep" You and Leo are cliches of the internet. The "changed it now it sucks" trope in the flesh, so too is "Only Sane Man", which you're inferring here with your absurd claim. But hey, by all means keep trying to free us from the grip of the New Turtle Order. Big Blow Out was an inside job...there's evidence for that y'know. Venus wasnt a charm, she's part of NM's INfamaous rep.
__________________
Spider-Man: The Rescue Spider-Man: The Galloping Cat Spider-Man: Scarlet Mirror Doctor Who: Child of the Daleks Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-23-2012 at 10:15 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#98 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
|
Quote:
There's a difference between having a negative opinion and having hope for something to fail. That's what we're calling out on LM for the latter. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#99 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,776
|
Quote:
I've never seen anyone on this forum give blind praise to everything. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#100 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
|
You would be surprised then.
Yeah people tend to be nitpicky when they find something they really enjoyed about the ninja turtle franchise. Like Mystic Leonardo. I still find what Mystic said true to a good bundle of TMNT fans. You guys geek out and overpraise a lot of.... mediocre to bad things. I also mainly stand on her/his side though because you guys are just plain out throwing slurrs at her/him. It is rude, you guys should learn to have more polite conversations. Last edited by Koi; 07-23-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Capitalization. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| nick, shredder |
|
|