The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #3181
juxtapose519
Foot Soldier
 
juxtapose519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav4ge View Post
Visited my local Toys R' Us today, the Metrotown Mall location in Vancouver (Canada). They had Leo's toy katana and the Shellraiser, but no figures in sight.
The TRU here in London did the exact same thing. The Katanas and Shellraisers showed up on a Monday, and then everything else (Nickelodeon and Classics) showed up two days later on the Wednesday. Don't worry, they'll show up.
__________________

Collection | Trade
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #3182
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Yup, just gotta be patient. None of these toys have any street dates in the US and I don't think there's a firm one in the EU either so it's all up to the individual stores and when they do their summer resets, etc. With TRU, they're even more random on when they may put them out. One of my nearby TRUs had them for a while, but just didn't clear out the space as fast because they have to shuffle around all that Kung-Zhu crap that's been clogging 3/4s of an aisle for like 2 years!

Playmates will keep cranking these guys out, it shouldn't be like a lot of toy lines where figures will end up scarce. Of course, it's hard to practice patience when you keep seeing cool pictures and stuff. So I feel your pain, especially with the overseas releases.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #3183
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
Of course, it's hard to practice patience when you keep seeing cool pictures and stuff. So I feel your pain, especially with the overseas releases.
well since we got so fine members here at the forum that help out the people overseas we got no prob getting the toys before they do release them and at least where i live the price will be around the same or a littel cheaper guess i have to ask some members whene i get my next paychek .whene thas said i cant wait fore tmnt to hit the stores again and i think i will wait to then fore buying a lot of foot and kraang hopefully since they did come around a good month before in us we get them before chrismas
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #3184
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
well since we got so fine members here at the forum that help out the people overseas we got no prob getting the toys before they do release them and at least where i live the price will be around the same or a littel cheaper guess i have to ask some members whene i get my next paychek .whene thas said i cant wait fore tmnt to hit the stores again and i think i will wait to then fore buying a lot of foot and kraang hopefully since they did come around a good month before in us we get them before chrismas
Yup. I've sent a few international members figures as well. Still, it's definitely cheaper if you wait around for them to hit locally. Just to avoid shipping charges and such. But if you need someone in particular, let me know, I know how tough being patient can be, haha.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #3185
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
. Still, it's definitely cheaper if you wait around for them to hit locally. .
well i dont know with the nic but the classic will be around 40-46$ in store here where i live so it depends how mutch shipping will be.so i am thinking if you want the classic now and can find a fine member to sell them to you fore 25-30$ with shipping pr fig and pay around 5-10$ in custom fees depending how mutch you order you have saved 10-6$ and have got the fig around 6 months before
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #3186
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
how are my fellow Canucks lucking out?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #3187
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
hi guys!
just wanted to inform you guys that toys r us told me that the new nickelodeon turtles figures will hit germany not before 2013 unfortunatelly...just wanted to slip this piece of info somewhere here so that other non-us fans can maybe guess what time they'll be blessed with figures...
as for being patient myself?...I bought splinter and a foot soldier on ebay, they came in fine, just had to pay extra money when they arrived as the seller marked them as 'merchandize' sadly(if he had marked them gift it would have been no additional fees), then I bought donatello and michelangelo and that seller even forgot to put the check outside on the package..now I have to drive to custom services to pick them up and pay another fee...;(
I guess for now I'll just wait for them to hit europeit's much cheaper that way...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #3188
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Wooh! Went to Target and they had a section just for TMNT. Labled and everything! That's a first!

Ended up getting Don, Raph, Splinter, April, and a Kraang. I'll get the rest later. Somewhat tempted to get one of those sewer cycle things since they're only a dollar more than the regular figs. Thought of getting Power Sound Effects Don (just so I have something that has Rob Paulsen's voice) but geesh he looks evil. With the pupils he looks somewhat demented.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #3189
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 476
scored all mine on friday.

2 sets of the Classics from TRU arrived at my house.

THEN.

I went to pick up the 2 sets of Nicktoon ones, at my local comic shop.

Hope all the Canadians are finding their way to it!
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #3190
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
What kind of comic shop must you have for them to be stocking that many of the nick figures! Jealous Every comic shop I've ever seen in my entire LIFE gets only a handful of figures from any line at most. :/
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #3191
tmntmanny
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Posts: 21
those toys look awsom
tmntmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #3192
Scud
Hench Mutant
 
Scud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
how are my fellow Canucks lucking out?
I was able to score at TRU in Ottawa this week. They have been restocking them quite frequently too.

~S~
__________________

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #3193
jetfire prime
Random Punk
 
jetfire prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 48
Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've loved the TMNT ever since I was little so naturally when these toys were announced, I was so very excited. I waited and waited to get my hands on them, and when I did, it was like I was 3 years old again. These are easily the toys of the year for me. So far all I have are the Nick Turtles and classic Raph, but I have Sound FX Raph and classics Don on the way. By the time it's all said and done, though, Playmates will have a bunch of my money. I couldn't be any happier that the turtles are back and that I now have a place to discuss them at.
jetfire prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #3194
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfire prime View Post
Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've loved the TMNT ever since I was little so naturally when these toys were announced, I was so very excited. I waited and waited to get my hands on them, and when I did, it was like I was 3 years old again. These are easily the toys of the year for me. So far all I have are the Nick Turtles and classic Raph, but I have Sound FX Raph and classics Don on the way. By the time it's all said and done, though, Playmates will have a bunch of my money. I couldn't be any happier that the turtles are back and that I now have a place to discuss them at.
Welcome. I feel there's going to be a LOT to discuss in the coming months.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #3195
Scud
Hench Mutant
 
Scud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Welcome. I feel there's going to be a LOT to discuss in the coming months.
Oh yeah! TMNT Toys , TMNT Comics , TMNT TV Shows .... NERDGASM!!

~S~
__________________

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #3196
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Welcome aboard, Jetfire Prime!

It is indeed a great time to be a Turtle-Fan!
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #3197
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Is anyone else of the opinion that "The Kraang" figure is BY FAR the worst in this line? The joints don't even move. Pathetic!

Kraang for shelf-warmer.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #3198
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Is anyone else of the opinion that "The Kraang" figure is BY FAR the worst in this line? The joints don't even move. Pathetic!

Kraang for shelf-warmer.
For me, it's Splinter. A cane, removable tail, a 'get in the way' plastic robe... All recipe for disaster. And it's not easy getting him to stand without using the tail. Just a bad figure all-around if you ask me.

At least I like the look of Kraang. And the little rubber brain is very awesome.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #3199
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Least impressed with Kraang also. The Alien Brain creature is the best part of the figure.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #3200
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
If the Londen TRU has the TMNT figures, I hope these will pop up in Holland too.... Gotta send mail!
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.