![]() |
|
|
#181 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#182 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
I'm sure the writers thought in advance how they were gonna end this before they even started. I mean, that's what I would have done.
And where I can buy the first issue of April VS the Decimal System???
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#183 | |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
Quote:
As for her liking Casey, I'd like for it to be a gradual thing if it happens at all. First she could be annoyed by him but as time goes on, she begins to like him and gradually builds a relationship. After all, not all teenage girls are boy crazy at first.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#184 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
I just hope that it won't that dumb bickering couple dynamic that we've seen in 2k3 series. I swear if that is the case then I'm going back to the Donnie/April bandwagon.
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#185 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,402
|
I don't care if she thinks of Donnie as a friend or more as long as she doesn't fall for Casey like most other incarnations then I will be fine.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#186 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 334
|
AFAIC, April can stay single. I dislike the paradigm that a woman has to have a romantic partner to be happy.
__________________
![]() (GIF by Martinf) |
|
|
|
|
|
#187 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,402
|
I am fine with April being single since she is only sixteen and not every teen character has to have a love interest.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#188 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
|
guys don't give your hopes up.....I'm pretty sure Casey is gonna be a love interest for April...
in an interview with Ciro, the person asked if there was gonna be anything between Casey and April (some sort of relationship) Ciro responded and I quote "well she's a cute girl....and she's been in the sewer with 4 turtles....maybe for at least a year....having a boy show up kinda close to her age....it might do something......"
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#189 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
|
Quote:
@BabyTurtles: Please link that interview.
__________________
![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#190 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
|
Quote:
starts around 5...something ...just start at 5:00 XD
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#191 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
If it goes any further, it's going to straddle a "bestiality" line
|
|
|
|
|
|
#192 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
|
April may know how Donnie feels about her. But I don't think she's entirely aware of her feelings for him. Yes there is the argument that she thinks of all the turtles as her brothers at best, and that probably doesn't want to tell Donnie she doesn't feel the same way because she doesn't want to hurt him.
But she has a closer relationship with Donnie then the other Turtles. Mostly because he was the one helping her find her Father (which he has fulfilled) helping her with her studies. But there are some hints she may like him more then friends at the end of TCRI she runs up and hugs him as if saying 'I'm glad your okay' And in Enemy of My Enemy when Donnie we was commenting about how it was too bad they couldn't trust Karai. And April with responds with a jealous sounding "It's okay, I get it. She's your mortal enemy, but hey she's pretty." In previous incarnations there wasn't much competition for between April and Casey so there wasn't any question that April and Casey would be together. Yes Donnie's crush with April was there for laughs and that his overly anxious come on's did get old really fast. And yes there will likely be a step back on Donnie's part once Casey show up. But we have also seen moments where Donnie can be really mature in his feelings for April, and that's the Donatello were going to see more of in the up coming seasons. And even if in the end the whole DonO'Neil pairing is just a happy delusion, I rather it just be a happy delusion and have a good ending. Rather then building it up only for nothing to happen with it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#193 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
It would be nice if there was some closure. You hardly get to see closure anymore these days.
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#194 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
|
It might be nice, but I could see them ignoring it. If they want to steer away from doing a downer story, they could just change Donatello to be less interested in April, and then sometime later, give April an interest in Casey. Since it looks like the Kraang will basically defeated in the finale, and Kirby saved, it's likely April won't need to spend so much time with the Turtles, so then Donatello could just get over it.
Now that I think of it, though, I could really see April not getting with anyone in this series. She is, after all, much younger than in other incarnations, and so are Casey and Donatello.
__________________
![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#195 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#196 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 185
|
But Casey is in priority Raph's friend and not especially Donnie's friend. So there could be tension at the beginning.
Or April might dislike Casey at first (as she does in the 2k3 series) and the relationship can slowly change. |
|
|
|
|
|
#197 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
|
Quote:
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#198 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
|
Quote:
However the one difference between the D/A/C paring and the HY/TS/OS pairing is that Donnie in the end just wants April to be happy. So in the end he will accept her choice because it's the honorable thing to do. Last edited by victory_angel; 07-31-2013 at 11:52 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#199 | |
|
Epic Hiatus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#200 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
|
Don and Casey never had a relationship, much less a friendship. It's been handwaved in the comics too.
__________________
![]() We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy) |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| cybercubed thinks deep, nick |
|
|