The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #181
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
But this is what I fear, is that 8 years down the line we will be getting TMNT films that are nothing but Fred Wolf wankfests.
I wouldn't want that at all and while I suspect that is what we are getting on the surface I doubt thats what we are getting in "spirit".

Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, The Technodrome I think will be in this but vastly different to the Fred Wolf renditions. It could potentialy be the Fred Wolf fans that come away the most disapointed...shortly before every other fan.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #182
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
I want to be the guy in the van.

Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #183
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Oh look she's wearing yellow. Hopefully that will shut people up.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #184
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Are there more where that came from? Those pics, I have not seen.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #185
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
For some people, her wearing yellow is make or break for this movie.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #186
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
What.... no white boots?

__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #187
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
What.... no white boots?

rofl
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #188
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Getting excited for this! Seeing on set shots with different outfits and stuff really puts into perspective that this is coming along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
if this is based off the OT show...then I won't get some references (like who the heck is Vernon???)

BUT I know the Turtles, Splinter and April!! and thats all thats important!!
You've got plenty of time to catch up if you need to. All you'd have to watch to understand is the first season, which is a mere 5 episodes.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #189
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
For some people, her wearing yellow is make or break for this movie.
Fanboys are a finicky bunch. It doesn't seem to matter if the film is good. It could be a piece of crap, as long as it follows the source material to the letter.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #190
PizzaFan87
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro Tsubaki View Post
I want to be the guy in the van.

That's not too bad. It's better than this:


PizzaFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #191
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Damn guys must know they could get caught on film.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #192
Agent 86
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 152
Woo hoo! A yellow jacket.

I'm pretty pleased with the minimal location shots that we've seen so far. Sure, they're not hiding Megan Fox's "natural" attractiveness, but they're also not reducing April O'Neil to an overly sexualised character, despite the lycra clad trampolining! If Bay was directing, I'd expect April O'Neil to be in hot pants and a sports bra while jumping up and down on the trampoline with a bunch of other lingerie clad ladies in the background.

I'm guessing that April O'Neil starts off as an "entertainment" or "light and fluffy" reporter and due to her adventures with the ninja turtles, she'll move towards more "serious" investigative, factual reports.
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #193
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Fanboys are a finicky bunch. It doesn't seem to matter if the film is good. It could be a piece of crap, as long as it follows the source material to the letter.
wouldn't she then be wearing blue instead if yellow then?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #194
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
Woo hoo! A yellow jacket.

I'm pretty pleased with the minimal location shots that we've seen so far. Sure, they're not hiding Megan Fox's "natural" attractiveness, but they're also not reducing April O'Neil to an overly sexualised character, despite the lycra clad trampolining! If Bay was directing, I'd expect April O'Neil to be in hot pants and a sports bra while jumping up and down on the trampoline with a bunch of other lingerie clad ladies in the background.

I'm guessing that April O'Neil starts off as an "entertainment" or "light and fluffy" reporter and due to her adventures with the ninja turtles, she'll move towards more "serious" investigative, factual reports.
I'm guessing it'll be a matter of her wanting to do the serious stuff, but she's stuck doing the fluff pieces at first.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #195
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
Woo hoo! A yellow jacket.
April in any sort of yellow apparel is a "tradition" based on the facsimile of a lie. And it's very amusing that people actually want to see her in yellow, to somehow further that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #196
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Based on this logic, I demand a boycott of "Man Of Steel", as well as any and all future Superman films in which he wears red boots, since he clearly did NOT wear red boots in Action Comics #1. Thus, the idea that Superman ever wear red boots is an insult to the source material. Either blue footsie tights/pajamas or WE RIOT!

I kid, I kid. But seriously, at least having a yellow jacket or some such gives viewers of the OT and fans of some of the other media an identifiable, recognizable way to tell it is, in fact, April, or at least suggest that she's April, and not "Random Female Character #253", which is what she resembles otherwise.

It's kinda like Clark Kent usually/sometimes wearing the blue suit/red striped tie. Didn't always wear it, didn't exactly look like that at first, but it kind of became a way for the viewer/reader to tell it was, in fact, Clark Kent, and not "random suit guy with glasses". I like that he didn't JUST wear that, but I always understood and appreciated it as a visual short-hand.

Same with April wearing yellow. Not mandatory or even necessary, but it does in fact do a little extra to establish that's who it is. I wouldn't think a big deal of it, just because it wasn't *always* there. Things evolve. Besides, chicks own a million clothes, it would actually be more conspicuous to the viewer if she NEVER wore anything yellow in the entire 2-hour film, since a great deal of fans visually relate to and remember her with that look.

Mostly... I just like playing Devil's Advocate.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #197
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Andrew, friend....why bother? I mean seriously, at this point why continue being the Negative Nelly about everything that isn't the "source material"?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #198
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Why is she cacting? The movie is made in cgi. Or are the turtles only in cgi?
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #199
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Andrew, friend....why bother? I mean seriously, at this point why continue being the Negative Nelly about everything that isn't the "source material"?
Why would you put quotes around that?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 AM   #200
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey View Post
Why is she cacting? The movie is made in cgi. Or are the turtles only in cgi?
You must be mistaking this for the last horrible TMNT movie.

The Turtles will be CGI to some extent, the only question being how much. Sometimes man in suit, sometimes CGI when in action? CGI all the time? Man in suit all the time, with CGI assists for facial animation only? These questions have not been answered.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, megan fox, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.