The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #181
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
That's.... Horrible.

This needs a reboot like now.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #182
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Yeah? I've seen the thing, and I've substantiated exactly why I feel it's a legitimately bad movie. I'm getting lumped in as a "hater" too, aren't I? Tell me again where this "'us vs. them' ********" is coming from.
FROM BOTH F*CKING SIDES.

Holy Hell.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #183
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
I really hate the it's just there statement when it comes to describing something, what is that crap even suppose to mean?
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #184
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
"It's just there" is kind of a loose way to say, an idea or concept doesn't do anything to justify itself, or make itself interesting, but isn't actively "bad" or offensive, either. Usually it's something that you notice but isn't fleshed out enough to become either good or bad. Generally speaking, anyway.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #185
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I was referring to Leo656.

But yeah. Get all offended. If I was talking about you I would've mentioned you.

And its coming from both damn sides.
Oh, I'm not offended. Just pointing out a double standard. "Haters" get tossed around out as a blanket statement at everyone who doesn't like the thing, no matter how much they can back that up with evidence. The original comment wasn't just talking about people who hadn't seen the movie, after all.

Yet some people jump to defend that behaviour so long as it lines up with their "side". How about we acknowledge insults and troll behaviour regardless of where it's coming from? That'd be nice.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #186
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
The film actually had 3 writers, Evan Daugherty, Who got lucky when he wrote Snow White and the Huntsman. He probably did the majority of the rewrites I think.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #187
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
I don't think that the quality of the movie depends on how many writers there are, the writer or writers just need to write acceptable stuff, nothing more.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #188
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Oh, I'm not offended. Just pointing out a double standard. "Haters" get tossed around out as a blanket statement that applies to everyone who doesn't like the thing, no matter how much they can back that up with evidence. The original comment wasn't just talking about people who hadn't seen the movie, after all.

Yet some people jump to defend that behaviour so long as it lines up with their "side".
Ok? If you're so confident about your damn opinion. Just let the 'hater' comments roll off your back instead of responding and adding to the bullcrap.

Both sides do it. One side yells 'Hater' the other side insults their taste in movies or intelligence. Same sh*t.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #189
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Ok? If you're so confident about your damn opinion. Just let the 'hater' comments roll off your back instead of responding and adding to the bullcrap.

Both sides do it. One side yells 'Hater' the other side insults their taste in movies or intelligence. Same sh*t.
But why does one seem to bother you more than the other? I'm supposed to let the insults "roll of my back", but you're awful quick to criticize when somebody talks too loud in the other direction. You piped in to snipe at Leo656, but not a peep from you about the one who called people "haters" for no good reason.

Double standard. Just saying.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #190
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
So will this sequel have those 'The Raid/Fist of Legend' style fights scenes that Kevin Eastman and/or company kept saying this film was going to have?
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #191
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
As far as I am concerned, it is an x amount of certain people that are against the movie that are the source of the problem, they seem to be causing the constant fighting for the most part.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #192
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So will this sequel have those 'The Raid/Fist of Legend' style fights scenes that Kevin Eastman and/or company kept saying this film was going to have?
I'm pretty sure those scenes were shot, it's just the sh!tty shaky cam made it nearly impossible to actually see it. Captain America TWS was guilty of this crap too, had great fight scenes, that was marred by horrible shaky cam. At least as the movie went on, Cap 2 toned it down. TMNT, not so much.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #193
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
I don't think that the quality of the movie depends on how many writers there are, the writer or writers just need to write acceptable stuff, nothing more.
I'unno, I kinda think too many people throwing ideas around over-complicates things. It's like when you're in school trying to do a group project, and everyone's fighting for their ideas to take priority. In theory, multiple people working together and sharing ideas is great. In practice, it doesn't work too well, and the more people involved only means more people pushing their own agenda on the final product.

So, I'd argue it actually does matter, and the more people are credited as "writers" the worse off everything becomes. Since most movies are studio projects, it's understandable that a lot of them have at least two writers, and that's worked out well sometimes. But generally, the more people have their hands on a movie's script before it's over, the more it messes up the final product. Two or three is all you really need.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #194
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
As far as I am concerned, it is an x amount of certain people that are against the movie that are the source of the problem, they seem to be causing the constant fighting for the most part.
No, the problem comes from people who can't deal with someone stating a civil and thoroughly-justified opinion without dismissing, insulting and/or generalizing them or their entire "side". Kinda like you just did.

Not saying it's only one side doing it. But some people are way more critical of the "side" they don't line up with. And that just makes it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I'm pretty sure those scenes were shot, it's just the sh!tty shaky cam made it nearly impossible to actually see it. Captain America TWS was guilty of this crap too, had great fight scenes, that was marred by horrible shaky cam. At least as the movie went on, Cap 2 toned it down. TMNT, not so much.
I had much less trouble following the action in Cap 2. Competent fight choreography and direction are essential. If either side drops the ball there... it's gonna be rough.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #195
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
But why does one seem to bother you more than the other? I'm supposed to let the insults "roll of my back", but you're awful quick to criticize when somebody talks too loud in the other direction. You piped in to snipe at Leo656, but not a peep from you about the one who called people "haters" for no good reason.

Double standard. Just saying.
You see because I was talking out about people that haven't seen the movie at all talking out of their ass about it. That's it. He has made it clear he hasn't seen the thing but still chimes in with 'I know its bad!' That annoys me.

Its not a double standard. This is a whole other third thing.

You can dislike or like the damn thing as much as you want. I've really never taken a stance in that whole thing other than 'Its f*cking dumb on both ends'
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #196
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
No, the problem comes from people who can't deal with someone stating a civil and thoroughly-justified opinion without dismissing, insulting and/or generalizing them or their entire "side". Kinda like you just did.

Not saying it's only one side doing it. But some people are way more critical of the "side" they don't line up with. And that just makes it worse.
Kinda like what I just did? What the hell are you talking about?
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #197
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post

Its not a double standard. This is a whole other third thing.
It's a triple standard! HaaaaaaaaaaaaI'm out.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #198
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
Kinda like what I just did? What the hell are you talking about?
You flat-out said "certain people that are against the movie that are the source of the problem". Like what, they're the only source of the problem? That's not true at all. C'mon.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #199
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
It's a triple standard! HaaaaaaaaaaaaI'm out.
PS Triple Standard.

I hope Baxter is slick black. Like mah hair.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #200
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
You flat-out said "certain people that are against the movie that are the source of the problem". Like what, they're the only source of the problem? That's not true at all. C'mon.
Look here, if these people that I spoke of were down with the movie then I would not being saying stuff like that, it's as simple as that. It isn't my problem that people are extremely sensitive, what am I suppose to think when I see **** that signifies that they do not think highly of the new tmnt movie? Man up man, just a little bit.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.