The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #181
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Yeah, it's brutal. I still don't get why they're not taking preorders a few months in advance, then cutting them off to start production, using those preorder numbers as a gauge. They're leaving money on the table by making it difficult for people to buy them. It makes zero sense.

In a bit happier news -

Spoiler:


SO CUTE!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #182
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Pac-Man is the priority. If I get anything else it's gravy.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #183
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Guys, start checking Best Buy's website. I think they're trying to get their preorders up or something -- my tracker is going off even though I don't see anything.

EDIT: THEY'RE UP GUYS, GO:
Lucina: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...&skuId=5711027
Pac: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...&skuId=5710106
Zard: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...&skuId=5713098
Wario: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...&skuId=5715023
Robin: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...&skuId=5712035
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #184
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
They already went up and the ones you would expect to be gone are gone. This is becoming the biggest disaster thus far.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #185
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
...Yep Lucina appears to be gone.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #186
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
They're all gone except Pac-Man at this point.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #187
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
THE WINNER OF AMIIBOGEDDEON
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #188
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
*sigh* of course Jigglypuff just had to be a rare...

Hoping beyond hope that the yarn Yoshis are common. I need all of them.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #189
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Holy sh*t! I kept randomly refreshing Ebgames website Amiibo search and suddenly the number jumped from 11 to 16. Got two Ness, Wario and Pac-Man. The Inklings were up too, but I'm not too worried about those. Word got out and now the site bombed! Order confirmation e-mail and everything! SO F*CKING HYYYYYPE! Need Robin and Lucina to feel totally OK, but this is a great start!

Edit: Not only did the Best Buy preorders crash that site, but it also crashed f*cking Reddit for a bit. Now the EB/Gamestop stuff has crashed both websites and the in-store computers! Good LAWD! Amiibo thirst is for f*cking real. I'm just wondering what has made this particular wave of preorders so popular. Is it Ness? I'd like to think it's his exclusivity that has specifically blown the doors off of Gamestop. Take note, Nintendo. People give a sh*t about Mother.

Last edited by Peanut; 04-02-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #190
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
This really is ridiculous, ain't it? I personally haven't seen anything beyond wave 2 and even then just a few. The weird thing is, the stock and distribution problem is also a thing with the World of Nintendo figures - which isn't a Nintendo problem, seeing as how they don't make or distribute them. It's just insane how any non-Mario figure of the 4 inch+ lines will instantly skyrocket to 4x the price online and be almost impossible to find in a store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Pac-Man is the priority. If I get anything else it's gravy.
Yeah Pac's all I'm even interested in at this point. I've completely given up on trying for anyone else.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #191
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The weird thing is, the stock and distribution problem is also a thing with the World of Nintendo figures - which isn't a Nintendo problem, seeing as how they don't make or distribute them. It's just insane how any non-Mario figure of the 4 inch+ lines will instantly skyrocket to 4x the price online and be almost impossible to find in a store.
Yup. World of Nintendo is, like you said, proof that this isn't just Nintendo f*cking the dog. I think it's a serious lack of foresight on the part of everyone, honestly. Nintendo fans have been deprived of "stuff" that isn't Mario based for 30 years. Anything non-Mario has been nearly non existent for our entire lives and now we're all late 20's - mid 30's adults who have money and a thirst for Nintendo products that AREN'T Mario and it's really showing.

My fiance actually found me one of the new Samus figures last week totally randomly (second time I've seen them, first time I just missed as a dude at TRU took both and walked off) and I've found the majority of the small series 2 figures, but I'm still looking for Olimar/Cranky Kong. I've come across the big Metroid's and Ganondorfs as well, but I'm actively hunting for these things at least two or three times a week and my fiance and I both check TRU's/Wal-Marts when we're in out of the way places out of habit now. It's insane how difficult it is to find anything.

Of course, none of this helps when scalpers know there's a huge market for this super limited run stuff and they take every chance to take advantage of people.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #192
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Okay, just got home from Gamestop, here's the story:

Walked in 15 minutes early, second in line [small town **** YES]. When preorders opened, only one employee was in, and he was trying to get the guy in front of me his Wave 4 bundle.

Just as he gets started, another employee comes in and takes the other register -- since the only people in store at the time were for amiibo, she took me over to her register so I could get my Wave 4 bundle.

The web in store crashed, and the employees were texting and tweeting to other Gamestops in the district, state, and even country -- all over the US, Gamestops were royally ****ed, the web in store server completely went down and almost nobody was getting an order through. During the hour I was in line, one other order in the entire district went through.

Then a few minutes later, the register I'm at gets an order in. I got my Wave 4 bundle preordered, before the guy before me even.

I am so happy you have no idea.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #193
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yup. World of Nintendo is, like you said, proof that this isn't just Nintendo f*cking the dog. I think it's a serious lack of foresight on the part of everyone, honestly. Nintendo fans have been deprived of "stuff" that isn't Mario based for 30 years. Anything non-Mario has been nearly non existent for our entire lives and now we're all late 20's - mid 30's adults who have money and a thirst for Nintendo products that AREN'T Mario and it's really showing.

My fiance actually found me one of the new Samus figures last week totally randomly (second time I've seen them, first time I just missed as a dude at TRU took both and walked off) and I've found the majority of the small series 2 figures, but I'm still looking for Olimar/Cranky Kong. I've come across the big Metroid's and Ganondorfs as well, but I'm actively hunting for these things at least two or three times a week and my fiance and I both check TRU's/Wal-Marts when we're in out of the way places out of habit now. It's insane how difficult it is to find anything.

Of course, none of this helps when scalpers know there's a huge market for this super limited run stuff and they take every chance to take advantage of people.
I got lucky with the two for the 4" line I was looking for. Link was on Jakks' website for retail price (and last I checked he was still there, so he still might be). Samus, I found last weekend at a store that never even carried the line before. I was browsing other figures and caught sight of Luigi and I was like "holy smokes" and then there were two Samuseseseses as well.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #194
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Crap, I'm a bit late. I'm assuming all the pre orders are gone by now, huh?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #195
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Always assume yes if you weren't refreshing websites the moment they went up.

Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #196
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Those fuzzy Yoshi Amiibo are sooo cute. I've not been swept under by this craze, I own none of them, but I'd love to grab a blue wooly Yoshi.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #197
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I need those sweet Yoshi amiibo.


Also, Ness will be the end of me, considering I go to school and most pre orders sell out quickly.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #198
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Those fuzzy Yoshi Amiibo are sooo cute. I've not been swept under by this craze, I own none of them, but I'd love to grab a blue wooly Yoshi.
I don't think you should have a problem getting one. I doubt the wool Yoshi amiibo will be rare, but at this point who knows...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #199
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Also, Ness will be the end of me, considering I go to school and most pre orders sell out quickly.
At this point I don't even know if you guys will have another opportunity at him.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #200
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I'm so bummed that I missed out on all of this. This is what I get for sleeping in, I guess...

My only hope now is TRU pre orders tomorrow. Are they going up online at 12 am or is it really 7 to 9 am?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.