The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #181
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Yeah. Only the PLANTS during this rodeo, really.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:38 PM   #182
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Yeah, a lot of those guys disappeared
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #183
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
People just aren't jazzed for the PD tmnt franchise. Marvel does so well because it caters to adults just as much as kids. This tmnt 2 was made for kids and tweens. When movies are made mostly for kids, it won't fare as well with critics. Go watch this in week 3 and observe the volume of kids in attendance. Platinum Dunes failed, time to move in to next idea. I hope Netflix picks up tmnt. They could do a great story with rich character development.
at this point wouldnt mind if disney made the move and brought tmnt to the marvel world.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #184
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Mmmmmno that's probably a big contributing factor.
Oh, come on. You really think anybody saw Rocksteady, Bebop, and Krang, and thought, "Gee, this looks worse than the last one." I'll buy that the last movie left bad tastes in people's mouths, but I won't buy that.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:09 PM   #185
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Oh, come on. You really think anybody saw Rocksteady, Bebop, and Krang, and thought, "Gee, this looks worse than the last one." I'll buy that the last movie left bad tastes in people's mouths, but I won't buy that.
Hmmm. Not super sure if you're trolling or not but just to err on the safe side I'm not going to bother showing you lots and lots of reviews that say this one was worse than the last one, DESPITE Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:11 PM   #186
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
at this point wouldnt mind if disney made the move and brought tmnt to the marvel world.
That's the only real possibility to claw this back in the near future.

I've mentioned before the Amazing Spider-Man series as something of an equivalent to the Platinum Dunes TMNT movies and I think the current situation with the box office bares this out and hope that if people were willing to accept a reboot for that franchise so soon you could make the same argument for turtles.

There is one big distinction still between the two; While there was more faith in Marvel rebooting Spidey but if Webb movies were the last word before the reboot I'm sure there would still be doubters but Spider-Man was featured in one of the biggest Marvel movies and gave audiences a taste of what to expect which has put a lot of doubt about Homecoming to rest. TMNT doesn't have that.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:20 PM   #187
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I'm sure this movie's flopping because people learned from their mistakes.

However, that doesn't explain why the Transformers movies make so much goddamn money, even if most of it comes from overseas.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:00 AM   #188
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Oh, come on. You really think anybody saw Rocksteady, Bebop, and Krang, and thought, "Gee, this looks worse than the last one." I'll buy that the last movie left bad tastes in people's mouths, but I won't buy that.
Well I think this looks worse than the last one.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:46 AM   #189
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
If anyone had said 6 months ago that PDMT2 would have a higher RT score than BVS...

Well, this year is just full of surprises.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:48 AM   #190
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Another thing that seems to back all that up is right before your eyes, these forums. Pretty quiet. I expected this place to be booming with discussion, but it's only marginally more than a Nick series season finale or something. Pretty quiet. Remember how it was last time? Any given thread in this section had like 3 posts made in it per minute. Total chaos. Granted a little chunk of those posters were casuals who came & went riding a wave of nostalgia.
Well, fool me once... Yadda yadda...
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:50 AM   #191
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
If anyone had said 6 months ago that PDMT2 would have a higher RT score than BVS...

Well, this year is just full of surprises.
I bet BayTurtles is way worse than BvS.

I'd probably even put money on it were I a bettin' man.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:25 AM   #192
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I bet BayTurtles is way worse than BvS.

I'd probably even put money on it were I a bettin' man.
Well, BVS isn't a bad film, like it's predecessor, as in badly made; but it's a miserable experience, didactic and coarse. It's unpleasant to look at....

Kind of like the CG turtles.

So tie?

Not sure when I'll get to it...PDMT left such a bad taste...
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:38 AM   #193
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Well, BVS isn't a bad film, like it's predecessor, as in badly made; but it's a miserable experience, didactic and coarse. It's unpleasant to look at....

Kind of like the CG turtles.

So tie?
Hmm, interesting. Well I'm definitely seeing it soon, if only for Affleck's Batman.

Quote:
Not sure when I'll get to it...PDMT left such a bad taste...
God, I could barely make it through the first one.

Guess I'll find out in a month or so if I feel like watching this one.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:51 AM   #194
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
This movie is much better than the 2014 movie. Even leaving Bebop/Rocksteady aside, the Turtles themselves are MUCH better. They actually have characters now and some good banter and dialogue.

In the 2014 movie it felt like nobody had any character, this movie they at least feel like the Turtles. I still don't care for their huge hulk forms or nostrils, but other than that they were fine.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:52 AM   #195
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Another thing that seems to back all that up is right before your eyes, these forums. Pretty quiet. I expected this place to be booming with discussion, but it's only marginally more than a Nick series season finale or something. Pretty quiet. Remember how it was last time? Any given thread in this section had like 3 posts made in it per minute. Total chaos. Granted a little chunk of those posters were casuals who came & went riding a wave of nostalgia.
Which is nice, but yeah.... the 07 movie, and the last one brought boatloads of new members. I didn't even bother coming to this section at all during Summer of 2014, cause it was so overrun with posts.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:16 AM   #196
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This movie is much better than the 2014 movie. Even leaving Bebop/Rocksteady aside, the Turtles themselves are MUCH better. They actually have characters now and some good banter and dialogue.

In the 2014 movie it felt like nobody had any character, this movie they at least feel like the Turtles. I still don't care for their huge hulk forms or nostrils, but other than that they were fine.
No. At best it's a slight improvement and I can't even agree on that, it's annoying as all hell and feels way longer than it is.

I hope this movie bombs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:01 AM   #197
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
No..
Yes.

Who the hell are you to tell him or any of us who enjoyed it more than you what is and is'nt a good movie? If he enjoyed it, that's all that he needs to go by. You're not going to change his or any of our minds with your negative viewpoint, so shut your trap kiddo. You ruined your own good time and you're borderline obsessed with trying to make others feel inadequate or stupid for liking what you did'nt. Let it go already.

Quote:
I hope this movie bombs.
I hope puberty kicks in for you and you get some much-needed perspective.

It's just a f*cking movie. You act like it killed Muhammad Ali.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-05-2016 at 05:07 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:09 AM   #198
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yes.

Who the hell are you to tell him or any of us who enjoyed it more than you what is and is'nt a good movie? If he enjoyed it, that's all that he needs to go by. You're not going to change his or any of our minds with your negative viewpoint, so shut your trap kiddo. You ruined your own good time and you're borderline obsessed with trying to make others feel inadequate or stupid for liking what you did'nt. Let it go already.

I hope puberty kicks in for you and you get some much-needed perspective.
Quote:
It's just a f*cking movie.
Amazing.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:29 AM   #199
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You ruined your own good time and you're borderline obsessed with trying to make others feel inadequate or stupid for liking what you did'nt. Let it go already.

I hope puberty kicks in for you and you get some much-needed perspective.

It's just a f*cking movie. You act like it killed Muhammad Ali.
..... Hostile much with including "The Greatest" to prove a point?

I hate to be that guy, but Zarius after seeing General Discussion with Marvel and Batman v Superman, you are the last person who should be calling out cinematic tastes. Whether you're calling people out as sheep who enjoy Marvel (personally for me, I can only fully enjoy Iron-Man and Winter Soldier at this time, going to be viewing every movie after exams so I can see Civil War) or, I dunno, calling out the cameo scene for the latter... That's hypocrisy if I ever saw it.

I'm not opposed to your stance of the film (I personally am uninterested in this series altogether), but this is the pot turning the kettle black. We're going to disagree regardless on these films as Michael Bay is one instance of cinematic poison with not fully grasping the source material alongside Platinum Dunes. Either put him on ignore or something instead of allowing a killjoy to keep coming up. You enjoy something, more power to you, after all it's my silly opinion that don't mean much.
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:53 AM   #200
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yes.

Who the hell are you to tell him or any of us who enjoyed it more than you what is and is'nt a good movie? If he enjoyed it, that's all that he needs to go by. You're not going to change his or any of our minds with your negative viewpoint, so shut your trap kiddo. You ruined your own good time and you're borderline obsessed with trying to make others feel inadequate or stupid for liking what you did'nt. Let it go already.



I hope puberty kicks in for you and you get some much-needed perspective.

It's just a f*cking movie. You act like it killed Muhammad Ali.
What? Are you insecure about your opinion? Are you afraid that if you rewatch it, it's not going to hold up? Do you dislike this movie deep down and lying to yourself?

These are the only reasons I can imagine why you're getting so angry every time I express my opinion of this movie. I'm not trying to make to make anyone feel stupid or inadequate, I don't like this movie and I'm using counterarguments, there's a difference. You're the one who is trying to tells me I should shut up and not explain why I didn't like this wretched movie, I think I've said this before in the in the Nick section, what's the point of a forum if everyone with a negative opinion should just shut up?

Hell, where was this attitude back in 2014? I didn't see anyone shutting up to let the people who liked the movie chatter around in their echo chamber.

Look, this isn't a good movie as far as I'm concerned, I didn't have a "good time" to ruin, what the hell do you even mean by that? Most of the critics agree with me on this one and you're probably going to see a lot more reviews that weren't paid for or give this movie a passing grade because it's "a stupid kids' movie". The reason I hope this movie bombs is so that it won't get any sequels and Paramount can spend their money on making other movies that won't suck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april_screwed_by_cubed, big turtle gherkin, cybercubedthevirgin, neatomanlovesoots, tmnt ass juice, water the plants


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.