The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #1981
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
Guys The Pictures Sam Posted Are Forbidden Now They cant be Shown No More
You can still find then in google search, only lower resolution.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #1982
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Well, that's great, no more pictures until the figures are released in a few weeks. What was the point of that?!
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #1983
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
Well, that's great, no more pictures until the figures are released in a few weeks. What was the point of that?!
Darth..I'll have some pics to post tomorrow of the Raph figure (mine came in the mail today).

As for that ebay auction, it appears he took it down because there was "an error in the listing". Was the error the price that he was asking??!!

He also posted the following:
"DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING MESSAGES. THE FOLLOWING REQUEST IS NECESSARY.

DO NOT MESSAGE ASKING HOW THESE WERE ACQUIRED. ONLY MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE LEGIT QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PURCHASE OF THIS LOT."

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #1984
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Darth..I'll have some pics to post tomorrow of the Raph figure (mine came in the mail today).

As for that ebay auction, it appears he took it down because there was "an error in the listing". Was the error the price that he was asking??!!

He also posted the following:
"DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING MESSAGES. THE FOLLOWING REQUEST IS NECESSARY.

DO NOT MESSAGE ASKING HOW THESE WERE ACQUIRED. ONLY MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE LEGIT QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PURCHASE OF THIS LOT."

Rick
I would say the message that the message is referring to is a legit question considering these have not yet seen release.

He answered me just fine, he couldn't say where he got them, but he wasn't rude about it, like that message reads to me. He just said from his connections.

And very cool to see a Raph picture coming, thank you!
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 05-20-2014 at 05:07 PM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #1985
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Darth..I'll have some pics to post tomorrow of the Raph figure (mine came in the mail today).

As for that ebay auction, it appears he took it down because there was "an error in the listing". Was the error the price that he was asking??!!

He also posted the following:
"DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING MESSAGES. THE FOLLOWING REQUEST IS NECESSARY.

DO NOT MESSAGE ASKING HOW THESE WERE ACQUIRED. ONLY MESSAGE IF YOU HAVE LEGIT QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PURCHASE OF THIS LOT."

Rick
no friend i been talking to him on facebook he had no choice to get rid of them on ebay play mates told him to and he did not want 600$ he only wanted 150$ for the lot but he put it has biding he did not know how to use Ebay
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #1986
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
no friend i been talking to him on facebook he had no choice to get rid of them on ebay play mates told him to and he did not want 600$ he only wanted 150$ for the lot but he put it has biding he did not know how to use Ebay
I doubt playmates could make him take them down unless it was proven they were 'acquired' illegally. If he owns them and they are in his hands then there's not much they could do about it, but maybe go after the playmates employee that gave them out.

Also, he started the bid at $150 but it clearly stated that it was "reserve not met" at that price. I doubt he would set a reserve on something by accident, not to mention that another dromer said they contacted him and was told the reserve was $600.

Who knows....
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #1987
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
I doubt playmates could make him take them down unless it was proven they were 'acquired' illegally. If he owns them and they are in his hands then there's not much they could do about it, but maybe go after the playmates employee that gave them out.

Also, he started the bid at $150 but it clearly stated that it was "reserve not met" at that price. I doubt he would set a reserve on something by accident, not to mention that another dromer said they contacted him and was told the reserve was $600.

Who knows....
well he said no one from play mates sent them to him it was a friend :/ and maybe he was lying to get 15 mins of fame cus he told he it was only meant for 150$
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #1988
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Guys I Found A HD Picture On Google same one
and how do i use a Spoiler I Dont Know Were That Button Is
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #1989
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
Guys I Found A HD Picture On Google same one
and how do i use a Spoiler I Dont Know Were That Button Is
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...0f&oe=537E12A0
Its the big S on the control panel.

That's the same pic from the auction. Can we see this guy's FB page or atleast some screencaps from your conversation with him?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #1990
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Its the big S on the control panel.

That's the same pic from the auction. Can we see this guy's FB page or atleast some screencaps from your conversation with him?
I Dont Really Know If He Would Like His Personal Business On This Forum With Out Permission By Him. so no sorry just wait i have a friend doing business with him for the figures
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #1991
Alongtmnt
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 19
Hi guys, what do you find off the overall quality of the 2014 battleshell basic figures?

I find the overall quality less than the original 2012 basic turtle releases, the joints are thinner and weaker and the joint pins are more sloppy. Also the seams are more visible on the body. Also my Donnie`s front shell is letting loose, the amount off applied glue seems to be less than in 2012 and it also lacks pegs going into the torso of the figure to hold the yellow shell.

My figure says on his feet it`s made in chine, but instead of the additional location in mexico I have a address in Hong Kong?

Bought my figures in TRU in HK, all my other figures do not have the Hong Kong address but the one in Mexico?.
__________________
Nickelodeon TMNT toy related channel:
www.youtube.com/sewerdojo
Alongtmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #1992
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alongtmnt View Post
Hi guys, what do you find off the overall quality of the 2014 battleshell basic figures?

I find the overall quality less than the original 2012 basic turtle releases, the joints are thinner and weaker and the joint pins are more sloppy. Also the seams are more visible on the body. Also my Donnie`s front shell is letting loose, the amount off applied glue seems to be less than in 2012 and it also lacks pegs going into the torso of the figure to hold the yellow shell.

My figure says on his feet it`s made in chine, but instead of the additional location in mexico I have a address in Hong Kong?

Bought my figures in TRU in HK, all my other figures do not have the Hong Kong address but the one in Mexico?.
what battleshell 2014 figures you mean the dojo ones that are 12 inchs
and Welcome to this forum
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:00 AM   #1993
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
what battleshell 2014 figures you mean the dojo ones that are 12 inchs
and Welcome to this forum
Considering that he said "Battle Shell" and not "Dojo", I would guess that is not what he was talking about.

2014 = the Battle Shell figures released this year for the regular line, I reckon.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:08 AM   #1994
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Considering that he said "Battle Shell" and not "Dojo", I would guess that is not what he was talking about.

2014 = the Battle Shell figures released this year for the regular line, I reckon.
The figures were technically first released in 2013.

To answer the earlier question about the quality of the these battle shell, or storage shell figures if you will, they do seem to have some problems with them. That is of course if you pay attention to the figure and packaging you can avoid this problem for the most part.

It seems as though at least 2 different factories churn out these wallet munchers. I assume this because of a code indented into the the back of the bottom of the box or on the bottom close to the UPC and sometimes the stamp is on the bottom of the feet in white. The first 2 letters of this code have usually been either "OB" or "NN", as of late I have seen "G" and "W". I could be wrong that these are the factories, so please someone correct if I am.

Now from what I have gathered after seeing and going through many figures on displays and buying a few to many because of not realizing quality issues at first, I have discovered that the code "NN" has had the most problems in terms of quality, mostly having to do with the arm joints being put in at awkward angles and the ball joints themselves most times have had tearing plastic. Also I have seen problems with the weapons being more rigid than the "OB" figures, I first noticed this with Mikey's nunchucku as the first ones I bought were flexible enough so that his weapons could bend and go on his belt and they wouldn't get a stress mark in the fold.

Now that is not to say that "OB" doesn't have it's issues like a top of the head being glued in wrong or front of shells being glued in wrong, but I have seen fewer problems with those than with "NN".

Aside from the quality issues these particular figures have, I have also noticed they have color and sculpt differences as well, but hey, I will save that for another post.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #1995
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
So, here are a few pics of the new Movie Raphael figure. I shrunk the pics down, but they are still pretty large so I'm putting them in spoilers:

Front View
Spoiler:


A comparison shot of him with the Battle Shell Raphael figure
Spoiler:


Back View
Spoiler:


Loin Cloth View:
Spoiler:

**As you can see, the loin cloth has a peg that is glued into a hole on his shell.
The shell itself looks to be finished on the front and back, but the loincloth is glued on to him. His shell also has an imprint of where the strap should go (like the old vintage turtles belts did). There is no place to store his sai. Mine only came with one sai, I'm not sure if the packaged figure will have 1 or 2.

Here's another pic of him with the Nick Raph:
Spoiler:


Next up... Slash!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #1996
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Finally we know what the 2014 turtles are hiding under those clothes

I think movie raph is looking good. I will buy him.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 AM   #1997
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
And here is Slash! Wow, this figure is SHORT!!!!!! He definitely should've been made larger than this. Sculpt-wise, he's nice. But his size and lack of paint apps really takes away from this figure. Here ya go:

Front Pic:
Spoiler:


Comparison Pic with the Nick Raphael:
Spoiler:


Side Shot:
Spoiler:


Back Shot:
Spoiler:


Another shot with Raphael:
Spoiler:


Slash comes with a mace and does NOT have a place to store it on his belt. Pictures don't do his sculpt justice. He really is a nice looking figure, however his size and paint app really brings him down. The dark blue/green color actually looks much better in person than they did in his preview pics that were released. My pictures don't really capture the color that well either. In person he looks great. With a proper paint scheme this guy would look wonderful.

Coming up later today..... Newtralizer.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:15 AM   #1998
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Finally we know what the 2014 turtles are hiding under those clothes

I think movie raph is looking good. I will buy him.
Haha... does taking that pic make me some kind of turtle perv??!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #1999
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
From the makers of Dogpound's marshmallow back, it's Slash's cheese log back! If the final figure really does turn out like this, I'll be slightly disappointed. The head sculpt in that press pic looks a MILLION times better.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #2000
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Cool Pictures Rick Thanks For Sharing them
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.