The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #201
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I have not gotten the boxed set yet...I will wait for a few more weeks..my finances are on the low side-->thanks to the movie.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #202
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
im not going to start my S4 set in a while since i just started rewatching S3 to lead up to this but i was readin the thread and why are people complaining about double dipping?
i'd rather get 40 episodes than 38 even if they are repeats and its not affecting quality or price which it didn't here.

Yeah, the season 4 premier was in the last volume but it wouldn't be a complete S4 set without it, plust it starts the season, while on the last volume it gave you a preview of what to come and what happens after the finale.
And for the S5 premier episode, even if we get it again on the next release we can look at it like a "sneak preview" or something, I mean they are freebies why complain?


About the packaging, I like it it'd be nice if the other sets have different 3D turtles, that'd be really cool to have and would make up for the past horrible covers. The only bad thing about it is Raphs big nose is going to make my dvd shelf look odd...at least it'll take less space than if it had been spread on 4 different volumes.




So I wonder how they'll release the next set? will they start with volumes again? its obvious they did this to cash in on the movie but the next volume will probably come out when the new movie dvd comes out, we normally see the announcement of the new set a few weeks after the latest one comes out so we should find out soon.
If they do another season(five) set it'd be a small one with 22 episodes or combine the next sixth seasons that has only 16 episodes making it another big 38 episode release. The seventh season is 27 and it could have a season release and finally packaging the next 3 seasons that are only 8 episodes each into a 24 episode set. just speculating, it'd be nice to have the turtle tips and some commercials on one of the releases as well..

the depressing thing is even the fastest way they do it we won't have the entire series until 2008 or a year from now. Counting we bought the first set around april 04!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #203
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
I think we'll get at least a boxset of Season 5 the same time the new movie comes out on DVD.

After that hopefully a Season 6 boxset in the Fall...which just leaves Seasons 7-10 for 2008.

But given that Seasons 8-10 only have 8 episodes each, we could probably get a boxset of the entire red sky seasons all together in a 24 ep boxset. That's what I'm hoping for anyway, and it'd make a lot of sense.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #204
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Could anyone please post some screencaps from the menu screens?
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #205
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
I'm scared that if they go back to the volumes, it'll take many more years (like 2 or 3) to get the entire series. I hope they do it the way sdp speculated above! Every 4 months is great! I guess as long as they continue to release them every 4 months, regardless of how many, is still great.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:15 AM   #206
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
one thing that I noticed in this season that has really bummed me out is the fact that Michaelangelo now officially never uses his nunchuckes any more . And this saddens me because I feel that a chapter has already be closed because we are already at the point in the series where Michaelangelo get deprived of his primary weapon. I mean he still has his nunchuckes but you never see him use them.

I think the creators taking Michaelangelo's nunchucks from him crippled him in screen time during fight scenes. I'm almost on the last dvd in this box set and i've yet to see Michaelangelo in any fulll contact fights with any of the villans like he used to in earlier seasons. Its like they didn't know how to include him in the fights any more after they took away his contact waepon and gave him a silly grappling hook. And really how are you going to have up close contact fighting with a grappling hook. You can't
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #207
ikology
Mouser
 
ikology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: S.F. CA
Posts: 13
wow 'Sage Ninja'
I totally remember feeling the same way about that
I had forgotten that he was reduced to a grappling hook lol (poor Mikey)

My guess is that maybe parents complained their kids were trying to mimic his use of nunchucks since Mikey was easily the most popular of the Turtles, though it would seem silly to go after him and his nunchucks, since 2 of the other Turtles use sharp metal weapons, and nunchucks are made of wood.

I would think it'd be easier, and more dangerous for a kid to pick up a stick or grab a knife out of the kitchen drawer to mimic Donnie's staff or Raph's sai's

but, like I said, it's just a guess
I've never heard any official word from anyone involved in the show as to why they stopped letting him use his weapon
ikology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #208
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Hey, I got this today at my local Wal-Mart Supercenter here in West Plains. I paid $24.84 (minus tax) for it. I'm enjoying it now. In fact, I'm on Disk 2...although I'm having to suffer through having to listen to Howie's music and singing in the "Name that Toon" ep. Fortunately for me poor eardrums, it just ended.

Sheesh, and I thought that I had trouble carrying a tune.............!!!

EDIT: I stand corrected. I'm having to suffer through his atrocious singing and playing in the "Menace, Maestro Please" ep now. And I thought that my dog was tone-deaf.................
__________________
Brother against brother...........

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 03-19-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:02 AM   #209
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikology View Post
wow 'Sage Ninja'
I totally remember feeling the same way about that
I had forgotten that he was reduced to a grappling hook lol (poor Mikey)

My guess is that maybe parents complained their kids were trying to mimic his use of nunchucks since Mikey was easily the most popular of the Turtles, though it would seem silly to go after him and his nunchucks, since 2 of the other Turtles use sharp metal weapons, and nunchucks are made of wood.

I would think it'd be easier, and more dangerous for a kid to pick up a stick or grab a knife out of the kitchen drawer to mimic Donnie's staff or Raph's sai's

but, like I said, it's just a guess
I've never heard any official word from anyone involved in the show as to why they stopped letting him use his weapon


Though I haven't "heard anything official" either, there is also the aspect of the UK's censoring of TMNT -- I've read they edited scenes of Mikey using his 'chucks (as well as other stuff). And called it "Teenage Mutant -Hero- Turtles" because the censoring board there felt "Ninja" was an unsavory word.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #210
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Though I haven't "heard anything official" either, there is also the aspect of the UK's censoring of TMNT -- I've read they edited scenes of Mikey using his 'chucks (as well as other stuff). And called it "Teenage Mutant -Hero- Turtles" because the censoring board there felt "Ninja" was an unsavory word.
Why is why the Brits are totally insane.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #211
ikology
Mouser
 
ikology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: S.F. CA
Posts: 13
jeez,
in that case I'm glad I grew up in the good ol' U.S. of A.
ikology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #212
Starkiller
Random Punk
 
Starkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 35
Whoa, no slagging of the Brits please - although I agree the censorship of TMNT was completely ridiculous. I didn't realise they took away Mikey's nunchucks in the American release as well. See, the theme tune was different here too. Instead of 'Teenage mutant ninja turtles' it was 'Teenage mutant hero turtles' because Ninja was thought to be too violent a word to use. They also changed the word "fighting" in the line 'splinter taught them to be fighting teens' to something else, but I can't remember what exactly. Anyway, in the UK release Mikey never had his nunchucks, not even in the opening credits Censorship maimed my favourite turtle!

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up! I just got the first six volumes of the old toon and afterwards noticed the new release of season 4. I thought for a moment the Volumes were completely separate from the sale of the season boxsets and that I'd just wasted my money I'm still a bit annoyed that the episodes from Volume 2 onwards aren't in order though.
__________________


Oh...so it's like Halley's comit, only monsters come out?

Uhm, yes I guess so...

Hehehe, I'm smart.
Starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #213
TMNT 100
Thug
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MI.
Posts: 64
Quote:
I'm still a bit annoyed that the episodes from Volume 2 onwards aren't in order though.
Ya, that annoys me to. At least if Lions Gate released them out of order,they could of done it in a way where it's hard to tell with out looking at A gide like they did for Volumes 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Not where it's easy to notes like in season 4, intros switch every so often, and in The Big Zipp Attack in the beginning Krang tries to move the Technodrome from the lover bed witch was before The Dimension X Story where at the end the volcano erupts surrounding the lower part of the Technodrome leaving it stuck deeper into the volcano.
TMNT 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #214
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
what do you mean they aren't in order? they are following Molly Bodes guide.

we had a thread about it but nothing was ever confirmed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #215
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
They also changed the word "fighting" in the line 'splinter taught them to be fighting teens' to something else, but I can't remember what exactly.
That line was actually a repeat of the N-word; "Splinter taught them to be NINJA teens".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
I'm still a bit annoyed that the episodes from Volume 2 onwards aren't in order though.
They're in order according to Molly Bode's episode guide on NinjaTurtles.com, but we're fully aware that the guide isn't in continuity. Since there's so little continuity in the series from ep to ep, we may never know the exact order. The best that can be done is for the fans to go through the series, point out all the milestones, put them in order, and guess at the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT 100 View Post
in The Big Zipp Attack in the beginning Krang tries to move the Technodrome from the lover bed witch was before The Dimension X Story where at the end the volcano erupts surrounding the lower part of the Technodrome leaving it stuck deeper into the volcano.
Smashing example. Exactly why Molly Bode seems to have it wrong.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #216
Starkiller
Random Punk
 
Starkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 35
The guide I was referred to when I used to watch the series online was tv.com's. It worked quite well, continuity wise.

Quote:
That line was actually a repeat of the N-word; "Splinter taught them to be NINJA teens".
Yes, I realised afterwards I'd made a mistake. NINJA was replaced with FIGHTING in the UK credits. Personally I'd say "fighting" sounds a bit more violent than ninja, but that's bizarre censorship for you.
__________________


Oh...so it's like Halley's comit, only monsters come out?

Uhm, yes I guess so...

Hehehe, I'm smart.
Starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #217
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
it is a shame the censor has changed the cartoon around.. this also happened with other cartoons of the 80's like the real ghostbusters.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #218
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
GOT IT TODAY YAYAYAY!!!

Watched Turtles of the Jungle and Michaelangelo Toys Around. I'm looking forward to the later episodes as these two weren't all that great. The features were great too!
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #219
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!
 
Mr. Snackpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posts: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Could anyone please post some screencaps from the menu screens?
I would but I gotta return mine for a new one.


I opened the clear box, took the sleeve off and the plastic had a big cut down the spine and the label was ripped up. Kinda odd, wonder how it happened and why someone would box it. Now I gotta find time tommorow to return it to Walmart.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #220
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
I just finished Volumes 3-5 today (had a lot to catch up on) so this weekend I will hit up this new DVD set. I just saw the new movie and I can't get enough turtle action!
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.