The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #201
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'd laugh so hard if this movie has a higher rotten tomato score than Batman/Superman.
It's probably going to be higher score than Warcraft.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:41 PM   #202
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ws-review-tmnt

I'm 100% confident about the movie being rotten after all the smoke is clear.
Of course it will. It probably sucks.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:47 PM   #203
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
I'm seeing a lot of reactions on twitter, and its all positive.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #204
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Youtube reviews...

https://youtu.be/kTB1e4kwnP8


https://youtu.be/gTYqWU0cjhM


https://youtu.be/ZBB9t94Dn9Y


https://youtu.be/wE7EqceVTlU
pdizzle is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #205
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm seeing a lot of reactions on twitter, and its all positive.
Oh, you mean just like the last movie?
Xiewin is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #206
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Oh, you mean just like the last movie?
Don't worry these are the British reviews, it probably change when it's released in America.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #207
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I mean, not to pick on someone who might have struggles with communication... but oof, that review was painful to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasey Cones View Post
Liked that Shredder could teleport and wonder if this was a nod to the massive problem in the first movie when he suddenly is in new york (faster than that guy in a chopper)
... wait, what? Is this explained at all, or does he just have the ability to teleport out of nowhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Critics and audiences alike were pretty hard on Batman v. Superman for being such an abysmal pseudo-intellectual film, whereas I don't think anyone expects anything from this film. I'm sure TMNT will have a higher score.
Well, the first BayTurtles scored lower than BvS. I'm sure that this movie has lower expectations than there were for Batman v Superman, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll have a higher score. Movie critics at least try to be (or appear) objective, so I don't see them being too kind here, based on what we're hearing and what it's a sequel to.
__________________
Bry is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #208
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I mean, not to pick on someone who might have struggles with communication... but oof, that review was painful to read.



... wait, what? Is this explained at all, or does he just have the ability to teleport out of nowhere?
Don't want to spoil it too much but

Spoiler:
it's Baxter that helps Shredder teleport
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:18 PM   #209
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I mean, not to pick on someone who might have struggles with communication... but oof, that review was painful to read.
His user profile is just depressing. Seems like an all right guy though.

Quote:
I'm some one that love's film's,if i had the money i would make my own movies.I was born in England spend all my life in England haven't had much of a life, Im unlucky when it come to love.Just wish i had someone special but that life for you. Im always there for everyone until they stop being there for me.Guess im an easy going guy layed back but i will stick up for my self if someone try to bully me.Spent most of my life alone haven't really found the right girl to be with in life that i can feel comfortable with.That me in a nut shell
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #210
unlundun
Thug
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 54
Saw it today, and I must say I feel its only slightly better than the first one. Its a more coherent film, as far as films go, but fans of the original comics/ original 1990 film will most probably struggle through it. It has to be remembered that this is a film made for kids, and we're not going to get the 1990 film again (which ironically was also made for kids but was not dumbed down or cheapened by the need to fill more seats). I am not a fan of any of the cartoon characters, (Bebop and rocksteady/ krang) but this film plays like a feature length episode of that show, with lots of product placement and cultural references thrown in for good measure. Casey Jones is a security officer (?) Shredder is known only as "The shredder" - and never given a name, they speak of the retromutagen as the "purple ooze" and the relationship or lack thereof between Krang and The Shredder is ham fisted. the whole film is ham fisted, clunky, rushed and pretty gaudy. There is no real sense of threat, because the bad guys are never established beyond bebop and rocksteady, despite them being the "errand boys" - The desire for something gritty and full of heart in a TMNT film goes unfulfilled once again! ah well, always have the 1990 film!
unlundun is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:35 PM   #211
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
I um...Wait what? But the Turtles are Japanese American?
These turtles aren't.
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #212
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
These turtles aren't.
None of the turtle versions are Japanese American, they were all born in America. IDW turtles are probably close to being Japanese American.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:48 PM   #213
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
Wow, they're fans of adjectives aren't they?
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #214
alypkm
Mouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
True, the OT show isn't exactly good but to people who grew up with it, it was amazing at the time. It is also responsible for introducing the world to TMNT. We can love the mirage comics all we want, but without the OT show, Ninja Turtles would have died off early on. It was the OT show that caused people to follow the franchise. It's responsible for the movies, 2003 series, and the 2012 series. Whether you love it or hate it, is irrelevant. It IS responsible for introducing so many people to the characters. The same way that the 60s Batman introduced people to that character.
I actually grew up with it , and I was a huge TMNT fan since day one, but honestly even when I was kid, I only liked the turtles and the characters, I hated everything else about the show, I just loved the overall idea and when the 2k3 show was made I was so relieved that my favorite characters are finally getting a good show, yes , I still get that nostalgic feeling when I see the original cartoon, and I still collect the old figures, but damn I dont wanna see this cartoon turtned into a live action movie with all its stupidity, and its not the definitive TMNT, yes its how people knew about the TMNT franchise but that doesnt mean that every single live action movie has to be a copy of the 80s cartoon to get everyones aproval...we need something new, the IDW comics has bebop rocksteady and elements from all the adaptations of the turtles but still has its own flare, they didnt dump the whole comics down just to introduce new characters.
alypkm is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #215
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
http://www.flickfilosopher.com/2016/...l-schlock.html

1.5/5 stars.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #216
sethmartin
Stone Warrior
 
sethmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'd laugh so hard if this movie has a higher rotten tomato score than Batman/Superman.
I think it will. Granted, TMNT isn't an academy award winning film, but BVS, that was just a long drawn out depressing pile of crap that met nobody's expectations. Turtles at least has some things going for it that make it an entertaining film. Guaranteed it gets higher than BVS. No sad Megan memes.
__________________
sethmartin is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #217
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Damn, this thing is getting torn to shreds. That's really unsurprising.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #218
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,165
wait for its release on friday when actual reviewers review it like Schomes Knows Chris Stuckman Black Nerd Richard Roeper Jeremy Jahns etc.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #219
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Another review

http://letterboxd.com/josh2410/film/...f-the-shadows/
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:41 PM   #220
sethmartin
Stone Warrior
 
sethmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by alypkm View Post
I actually grew up with it , and I was a huge TMNT fan since day one, but honestly even when I was kid, I only liked the turtles and the characters, I hated everything else about the show, I just loved the overall idea and when the 2k3 show was made I was so relieved that my favorite characters are finally getting a good show, yes , I still get that nostalgic feeling when I see the original cartoon, and I still collect the old figures, but damn I dont wanna see this cartoon turtned into a live action movie with all its stupidity, and its not the definitive TMNT, yes its how people knew about the TMNT franchise but that doesnt mean that every single live action movie has to be a copy of the 80s cartoon to get everyones aproval...we need something new, the IDW comics has bebop rocksteady and elements from all the adaptations of the turtles but still has its own flare, they didnt dump the whole comics down just to introduce new characters.
Oh I get what you are saying perfectly. To me, it was the 1990 movie. It felt like a big kids/ adult version of ninja turtles and at 8 years old, made the show start to feel amateurish to me. I looked forward to the films from then on, until Ninja Turtles 3. Then I kind of lost interest in the turtles for a while. I never watched the 2003 show. I was grown and doing other things by then. However, I did still pick up the comic books and when the 2007 movie came out, I started catching up on the 2003 show.
__________________
sethmartin is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.