The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #221
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are you talking about the Johto DVDs? Those only have 3 eps per disc and are from like 2002 or something.

Kanto and Orange Islands were re-released in nice boxsets only 2-3 years ago I believe. Plus all the newer seasons get regular boxsets ever since Battle Frontier.
Actually, I'm speaking of the Advanced or Hoenn era. But, yeah, those kinds of discs, but they stopped after the first Johto season and everything thereafter was in big (and at the time, pricey) box sets. I'm kicking myself for not getting them, as well. The latter seasons you spoke of, I want to get them, but they are low on my list. Since they are relatively newer, I'm not in a rush to get them, like I am with the Advanced discs.

Everyone's bugged how despite all the HG/SS promotion, Viz didn't pick up the hint with new Johto box sets. That's Viz for you, so. Not unlike Lionsgate with the 87 TMNT sets, as releasing an animated series shouldn't take so long, etc.

Edit: To get into the previous exchange after my last post about 'none of your business,' etc, it's more "when I had the money, I didn't think the DVD fad would last, so I didn't buy much of them. And now I'm wrong and I want them, but I presently don't have the money to buy X or Y. So, I now have to be methodical and wait for opportunity, especially as some of these suckers are rather rare and expensive."* Plus, I don't like to volunteer such things, unless I have to, so there is that. I was trying to find a decent response, between not being indigant but not volunteering too much. Oh, well.

*Like "Mewtwo Returns." Oh, boy, good luck finding that one in mint condition, or finding it at all. Heh.

Last edited by Killer Moth; 05-30-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
Actually, I'm speaking of the Advanced or Hoenn era. But, yeah, those kinds of discs, but they stopped after the first Johto season and everything thereafter was in big (and at the time, pricey) box sets. I'm kicking myself for not getting them, as well. The latter seasons you spoke of, I want to get them, but they are low on my list. Since they are relatively newer, I'm not in a rush to get them, like I am with the Advanced discs.
The first Advanced season has a boxset, but the "Advance Challenge" and "Advanced Battle" DVDs were stretched out with only 5 episodes a disc, so yeah they're hard to find.

Good thing is starting from Battle Frontier and through DP, all seasons were released in boxset form. Of course some people don't like the new voice actors for the main cast, but that happened so long ago now that I guess its not worth complaining about anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #223
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The first Advanced season has a boxset, but the "Advance Challenge" and "Advanced Battle" DVDs were stretched out with only 5 episodes a disc, so yeah they're hard to find.

Good thing is starting from Battle Frontier and through DP, all seasons were released in boxset form. Of course some people don't like the new voice actors for the main cast, but that happened so long ago now that I guess its not worth complaining about anymore.
Well, most of the Advanced and Adv. Challenge is pretty easy to find, more or less. Advanced Battle is more mixed, as, say, the first one with the Aqua/Magma finale Pt. 1 is quite accessible. And yet, the one with Part 2, oh, God, has that been hard to find, even finding a used copy.

I was going to say this in the previous post but ultimately didn't, but I haven't bothered with the DP stuff, as A) it's newer and B) the post-4Kids dub grates on me. I'm fine with the voices, but it's the translation aspect, especially with Team Rocket that drives me up a wall. 4Kids Team Rocket had their problems, yeah, but I can enjoy an episode without any issues (or little of them). Anytime Jimmy Zoppi Meowth speaks, I want to shoot my ears. While the discs are mainly bought for screencap purposes, I definitely do my share of viewing, so. Can't tune them out forever.

Petty, sure, which is also why I opt for the Advanced seasons. Made me re-appreciate the 4Kids era in terms of scripting, plus wanting the Aqua/Magma episodes. (Plus, good luck finding the Johto stuff, as, oh, that's a challenge.) So, that's why I'm doing all this, and the 87 Turtle discs became a delightful side quest. Since I would have to wait a while for the middle seasons, I thought I best to get the aforementioned seasons while I could. Glad I did, then I got hooked on the show again with the good stuff, and I have to be patient for the rest. Priorities, priorities and priorities.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:27 AM   #224
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
I'm also really excited that the tenth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will include "Once Upon a Time Machine" and "Planet of the Turtleoids"! I can remember how awesome it seemed that Ninja Turtles was going to be on prime time! It was a big day for me back then and I would have hated if they didn't include that episode as well as "Once Upon a Time Machine". I do wish that the Turtle Tips were also included but at least all of the episodes are on them. Also is there an episode called "Return to the Planet of the Turtleoids" or did I get that mixed up from looking around on the internet so much?
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #225
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
Also is there an episode called "Return to the Planet of the Turtleoids" or did I get that mixed up from looking around on the internet so much?
Yep, in Season 6. More specifically, "Return of the Turtleoid." There was also "Escape from the Planet of the Turtleoids" in Season 7.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #226
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Hey thanks a lot for clearing that up for me Chaotix12345! I've been wondering about that for some time now. I'm still watching season five of the show. Judging from your name you must be a Sonic fan right? Sonic and TMNT are my favorite two things/hobbies/media since I was a kid! Are you into the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics?
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #227
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Sure am! I own over 150 issues and currently subscribe to both the main comic and Universe.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #228
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Awesome! I also am a double subscriber! This is cool. In case of spoilers I'm still only on Sonic the Hedgehog #221 and Sonic Universe #24. Life keeps me busy. I've been lucky and only need six of the older Sonic the Hedgehog comics. You don't also happen to collect high end statues do you?
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)

Last edited by Darth Knuckles; 06-01-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #229
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
Fleetway's Sonic The Comic was always better
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #230
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Its funny how the best case scenario for the Season 10 DVD actually happened.

Some people thought they were only going to include 4 Season 10 eps because the other 4 were on the Season 1 DVD (along with the skipped eps), while others thought we were just going to get all of Season 10 but nothing else.

But to get ALL of Season 10 AND the 2 skipped episodes was the best case scenario.

Its actually quite shocking. We got exactly what we wanted.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #231
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its funny how the best case scenario for the Season 10 DVD actually happened.

Some people thought they were only going to include 4 Season 10 eps because the other 4 were on the Season 1 DVD (along with the skipped eps), while others thought we were just going to get all of Season 10 but nothing else.

But to get ALL of Season 10 AND the 2 skipped episodes was the best case scenario.

Its actually quite shocking. We got exactly what we wanted.
Yay us!!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #232
masterturk
Thug
 
masterturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: london UK
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Fleetway's Sonic The Comic was always better
Too right
masterturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:50 AM   #233
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
You can now pre-order Season 10 on Amazon for just a little over $10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
You don't also happen to collect high end statues do you?
Nope, 'fraid not. My money is already occupied with purchasing smaller, more articulated hedgehog, turtle, and spandex hero replicas.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #234
prophecy718
Hench Mutant
 
prophecy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312
thanks for the link
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #235
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
anyone every pre-order from amazon before?
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #236
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
anyone every pre-order from amazon before?
I do quite often. Though they're gonna start charging us Texans tax in a few months, idk if that'll affect how much I buy from there after that.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #237
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Do they charge you right away or only after a item ships?
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #238
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Only after it ships.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #239
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant
 
Redmage1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 289
It's available for Pre-Order on Amazon now for anyone who wants to do so.

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...8704750&sr=8-2
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #240
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Only after it ships.
Well then unless it turns out you get a extra for pre-ordering I won't be doing it.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.