The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #241
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Even better ones at Ign:

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=21179
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:47 PM   #242
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
I was just looking at close up pics of the posters and I noticed: Michelangelo has blue eyes and Leonardo has brown eyes.





It looks like Raphael and Donatello have brown eyes as well. the artist who is doing the comic adaption drew Mikey with blue eyes as well.

johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #243
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
I noticed that from the posters and the trailer. Has me wondering if maybe Raph also has hazel or brown eyes, and maybe Don has blue or grey eyes. (No reason to think that; just wondering.)

Man, the turtles have really good dental habits.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]

Last edited by iris; 07-28-2006 at 10:23 PM.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #244
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
I don't think it really matters what color eyes they have. Honestly, the only reason why Leonardo has brown eyes is because his bandana is blue, and any color other than brown or black wouldn't mix well. Green is close to a blue, and, well, blue is... blue.

Same thing with Mikey. Orange is a derivative of brown, so he'll have either blue eyes or hazel.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #245
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
I think you're exactly right, Krow. I'm not good with colors though.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:26 PM   #246
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Don's are brown.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #247
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
What comic adaption?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #248
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW
I don't think it really matters what color eyes they have. Honestly, the only reason why Leonardo has brown eyes is because his bandana is blue, and any color other than brown or black wouldn't mix well. Green is close to a blue, and, well, blue is... blue.

Same thing with Mikey. Orange is a derivative of brown, so he'll have either blue eyes or hazel.
its not like I was saying anything negative or something like that--its just a fun little detail I saw
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #249
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
its not like I was saying anything negative or something like that--its just a fun little detail I saw
Oh, I know. No harm done. Basically I was just dreading a whole hoopla about the color of their eyes and what it means and such. Some of us here tend to get carried away about trivial things like that.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #250
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Heh, I agree. And I also think they were just drawn that way because it was more 'aesthetically pleasing' with the colors and all.

That, and they change ALL the time.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #251
DecoyMilk
Mouser
 
DecoyMilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9
Holy testicle Tuesday!

That **** looks awesome!
DecoyMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:24 AM   #252
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
It looks like Raphael and Donatello have brown eyes as well. the artist who is doing the comic adaption drew Mikey with blue eyes as well.

Quote:
What comic adaption?
My thoughts exactly. Where did this image come from and who's the artist because it looks like fan art to me. It's not too bad though.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #253
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Agreed. I especially think that, that is a very good look for mikey! i enjoy that art style.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #254
scribblesartist
Random Punk
 
scribblesartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 28
Thumbs down Comic can't be this BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza
My thoughts exactly. Where did this image come from and who's the artist because it looks like fan art to me. It's not too bad though.
(Comic book adaptation)

I'm not sure who released this pic but the Peice looks amature at best. doesn't look anything like what there potraying in the new movie. And who's the publisher,artist Writer and so on and so on.and about the eyes. i wouldn't really look into that to much. The different coloured eyes are probably because of lighting in there envirements. t
scribblesartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #255
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribblesartist
The different coloured eyes are probably because of lighting in there envirements.
Yeah, could be that their eyes are chatoyant. I have a friend whose eyes do that and it's both cool and freaky... which is rather appropriate for the TMNT, I'd say.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #256
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Of course, they could cut all the crap and make their eyes black. But, where would the fun be in that, eh?
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #257
-Savannah-
Mad Scientist
 
-Savannah-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Someplace or another...
Posts: 1,366
Holy cr*p... the movie-based video game looks kick-ass, and that goes double the the real feature presentation! Damn, I didn't know what to expect when I heard it was going to be animated--especially in the CG-style! Of course, a brand-spankin'-new TMNT movie definitely piqued my interest, but it's impression on me at first was kind of second-rate. I thought it was going to be a budget-movie, or a crappy filler for the "rebirth" of fantastic fictional characters, a.k.a. TMNT. Looks can be deciving, in my case.

My whole outlook on the movie turned completely around when I viewed the trailer: the CG-animation was (unexpectedly) breath-taking, as well as the detail portrayed in the NYC setting. I admire the new body style of the turtles, though it made me think more of a frog or a lizard than an actual turtle... heh *sweatdrop*... Anyways, the realism given in the actual movements, expressions, etc. were awsome to say the least. The apparently "lanky" appearence in thier bodily shape just adds the more appeal to that of an acrobat or, well, a ninja. The bulkiness of the new toon characters/movies make them look more like body-builders than ninjas. They were unrealistically too muscular to be considered "talented" in acrobatics.

A big improvement to that of the new toons, I believe. The whole plan has unmistakeably taken a huge step towards major improvement. And although the plot may seem a bit... far-fetched and too science-fiction, just think, the way the mutant turtles' came to be is a tad sci-fi as well, though weird things do happen in real-life when highly-toxic botanical waste is the culprit.

Overall, I give the whole film a "pre-rating" of 3/5 stars. I'm not going to allow myself to get my hopes up too high--I've been disappointed before, and it only makes you feel extremely frustrated when things don't reach expectations. Other than that, there is absolutely NO WAY I'm going to miss this ass-kicking, blockbuster film.

Oh, and a side-note referring to the previous movies: the 1st, well, it can hardly be classified as nothing but a classic. It's pretty-much the foundation of the whole TMNT universe, I believe.

And the 2nd movie...eh... not nearly so. The movie lacked "good" hand-to-hand combat, and of course, the use of their infamous weapons. And what's a TMNT movie without the vigilante, hm? However, the rather witty comedy in the movie kept me interested in watching it repeatedly over the years.

The 3rd movie...wooo-boy... It lacks a contious list of improvement. There were many holes in the plot. And time-traveling? I rather us leave that to the cartoon universe series. It's too overly far-fetched to reach realisitic terms, though I can't say I don't enjoy watching it. It's merely a good time to watch the turtles' kick major a** and just to see them in Feudal Japan, where their martail art style originate. Despite the lack of a well-thought-out story line, I think it's actually a-okay for a second sequal.
__________________
~Love was a gentle breeze,
weaves it's spell upon your
♥
.~

((LeAnn Rimes, Can't Fight the Moonlight))


-Savannah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #258
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Chatoyant? That's what it's called, huh? My eyes do that. Mostly ranging from really dark brown to green.



Er... on topic...



Yayyyy new movie.


__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:07 AM   #259
wyze2099
Hench Mutant
 
wyze2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
Chatoyant? That's what it's called, huh? My eyes do that. Mostly ranging from really dark brown to green.
So do mine, I think. They're hazel, but there's enough brown mixed in that it's hard to tell from a distance what color my eyes are. I have copper-red hair, and in the right light it sometimes looks like my eyes are the same color as my hair.

Anyway. I like the idea that the Turtles have different eye colors. It kind of makes them a bit more distinct from one another, and since color coding is used quite a bit to tell them apart, it's interesting to go the extra mile and give them different eye colors (at least in media where their irises are visible, instead of just having blank superhero eyes when their masks are on and blacks dots for eyes when the masks are off).
__________________
TMNT: Mutant Town
A Ninja Turtles Discord RPG and community.
Currently ongoing: A Friday-night RPG on voice chat!


Editor-in-Chief of
Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group
wyze2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.