The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2026, 01:13 AM   #241
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
*Most* of the garbage on Disney +? What about all theatrically released stuff like Captain Marvel, Eternals, or Shang-Chi and the Legend of The Ten C*ck-Rings or whatever?
Yeah. All of that. None of it matters and probably won't ever be referenced again.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 08:40 AM   #242
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
*Most* of the garbage on Disney +? What about all theatrically released stuff like Captain Marvel, Eternals, or Shang-Chi and the Legend of The Ten C*ck-Rings or whatever?.
Skip those though Shang chi was decent
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 11:25 AM   #243
Stu_Padasso
Hench Mutant
 
Stu_Padasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Midwest
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah. All of that. None of it matters and probably won't ever be referenced again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Skip those though Shang chi was decent
Would I be allowed to drink boba tea?

Give me a list of movies I would need to watch to follow what’s happening without breaking the bank. Because if Pip The Leprechaun shows up without explanation, I’m gonna be mighty p!$$ed off.
Stu_Padasso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 12:21 PM   #244
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Nothing is "happening." Even in Avengers Doomsday Dr. Doom is just showing up out of nowhere. No build up or lead in.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 03:50 PM   #245
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Spoiler:
I know in the movie Banner's inhibitor gauntlet is referenced as an inspiration for Peter but did they mention Doc Ock? I mean it looks a lot like his arm control inhibitor, which makes sense since Peter helped him repair it in No Way Home.

Also did any one feel Banner's Hulk Out reused a lot of imagery from Avengers? Chasing Natasha through the heli-carrier, smashing Chitari into buildings, ect.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 03:58 PM   #246
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
Saw it today. Thought it was terrific in every way. Authentically good movie, especially for not having any deep conflict with an authentic spidey villain basically at all.

A true "character-driven" comic book flick.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 04:14 PM   #247
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Spoiler:
I know in the movie Banner's inhibitor gauntlet is referenced as an inspiration for Peter but did they mention Doc Ock? I mean it looks a lot like his arm control inhibitor, which makes sense since Peter helped him repair it in No Way Home.
I'm sure Ock was the inspiration there but he was not mentioned. Only the Toby Maguire Spider-Man got a fitting reference.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 04:26 PM   #248
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
I am glad that Scorpion has a bit more screen time and was even a temporary plot point (we gotta get to Scorpion to get to the bigger bad guys) at least when compared to the others.

It was weird how, when you really look at it, Vulture and Mysterio were pretty much Stark villains and in this movie the main antogonist was Jean Grey and the actual Spider-Man villains were cameos during a montage.

The only time MCU Spider-Man faced actual Spider-Man villains was when he faced the ones from the McGuire and Garfield movies since those were actual Spider-Man movies and not movies about a larger MCU.

I guess it's a consequence of him bein a Sony property or something, so we can't have a straight up Spider-Man movie with Spider-Man villains and without any guest stars other than maybe super short cameos.

Like imagine if the MCU X-Men finally comes out and their villain is The Leader with Abomination and army Hulk clones instead of Magneto. Or somehow tie Magneto back to Stark again and have the MCU X-Men stop him, not because of some personal collection but because he just so happens to be the bad guy that was there that day.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 07:30 PM   #249
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
I thought it was an interesting but unspoken element that the roots of the inhibitor chip were basically Doc Ock's from the last flick. It was clearly a continuity extension of that.

Not sure that the most accurate Spider-Man ever on film needed the organic web shooter development though.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 07:57 PM   #250
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Definitely the organic shooters and general mutation will pay off bigtime in Secret Wars.

Personally I've always preferred the organic web shooters. He gets all these spider superpowers but... he has to build web shooters with technology?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2026, 09:34 PM   #251
drgon78
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,402
I saw the movie this morning, liked it better then the first two, but still like the 3rd one best.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 09:08 AM   #252
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
Would I be allowed to drink boba tea?

Give me a list of movies I would need to watch to follow what’s happening without breaking the bank. Because if Pip The Leprechaun shows up without explanation, I’m gonna be mighty p!$$ed off.
Here's everything I've bothered keeping track of on my timeline, whether I watched it or not:

Black Widow (Pretty good, necessary viewing)
Loki season 1 and 2 (Both very good, necessary viewing)
Wandavision (Loved it, definitely watch)

Shang-Chi (I liked it. Ties up some stuff from Iron-Man 3 and Shang-Chi will be in Doomsday)
Falcon and the Winter Solider (Strong start, weak finish. Cap 4 doesn't really work without it, though.)
Spider-Man: Far From Home (****ing abysmal, but I guess technically required viewing? You'd be better off watching a 10 minute summary on youtube)
The Eternals (Haven't watched it. Heard it was decent, but easily skipable other than the giant alien carcass that ends up in the ocean lol)
Spider-Man: No Way Home (Overhyped, but fun if you like the Raimi trilogy and/or the Garfield movies. I'd say watch it.)
Deadpool and Wolverine (decent enough, if you like Deadpool. I'd say watch it.)
Doctor Strange 2 (I thought it sucked, but I guess it was important enough that you should watch it.)
Hawkeye season 1 (Pretty bad. I'd say skip.)

Black Panther 2 (I couldn't finish it because Ironheart was on my nerves too bad. Need to buckle down and see it through someday.)
Thor 4 (Awful movie, but some people like Waititi I guess. Has zero impact on Guardians 3, so I say skip it unless you loved Ragnarok.)
Guardians Holiday Special (Really fun 45 minute special. Watch it this Decemeber!)
GOTG Vol. 3 (Good! Watch it.)
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania (I hated it. And they changed direction with Kang, so you could probably skip this.)
Secret Invasion (I haven't seen it. Heard it was awful.)
The Marvels (I haven't seen it, but I might go for it soon. I hate Brie Larsen and don't like Ms. Marvel, but I do like Monica Rambeau and they did a good job casting her.)

Daredevil: Born Again season 1 (I liked it, mostly.)
Captain America 4 (I'm torn on this one. Wanted to like it but it's heavily flawed. It's honestly more of a sequel to Incredible Hulk from 2009 than anything lol. The new Falcon is so god damn annoying.)
Punisher: One Last Kill (Nothing special, but an easy watch.)
Daredevil: Born Again season 2 (Haven't seen it, heard it's bad.)
Thunderbolts (Really good! Definitely watch.)

Fantastic Four: First Steps (I loved it, must watch!)

That's basically everything on my radar between Endgame and BND.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 10:02 AM   #253
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Black Widow (Pretty good, necessary viewing)
If you consider Yelena an important part of everything.

Quote:
Loki season 1 and 2 (Both very good, necessary viewing)
Agreed.

Quote:
Shang-Chi (I liked it. Ties up some stuff from Iron-Man 3
Does it, though?

Quote:
Falcon and the Winter Solider (Strong start, weak finish. Cap 4 doesn't really work without it, though.)
"How did Falcon become Captain America?" If that's a burning question to anyone then yeah, you should watch that awful show.

Quote:
The Eternals (Haven't watched it. Heard it was decent, but easily skipable other than the giant alien carcass that ends up in the ocean lol)
Yeah, that gives us the MCU adamantium. Apparently.

Quote:
Doctor Strange 2 (I thought it sucked, but I guess it was important enough that you should watch it.)
I don't remember one important thing happening in it that ought to matter in anything moving forward. Unless they bring back Captain Two Moms.

Quote:
Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania (I hated it. And they changed direction with Kang, so you could probably skip this.)
For some reason this didn't bother me nearly as much as it did others. I thought it was fine.

Quote:
Secret Invasion (I haven't seen it. Heard it was awful.)
Oh yeah, that's bad. I wasn't really prepared for how bad it was.

Quote:
The Marvels (I haven't seen it, but I might go for it soon. I hate Brie Larsen and don't like Ms. Marvel, but I do like Monica Rambeau and they did a good job casting her.)
Technically the mid-end credits bit could be considered essential. But that's all.

Quote:
Thunderbolts (Really good! Definitely watch.)
Probably essential if you want to understand the current landscape of the Avengers vs. New Avengers, etc.. But that's about it.

Quote:
Fantastic Four: First Steps (I loved it, must watch!)
I was hoping it would be a whole lot more essential but it's really just there as a "meet the Fantastic Four" movie. Galactus wasn't much of anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 10:09 AM   #254
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"How did Falcon become Captain America?" If that's a burning question to anyone then yeah, you should watch that awful show.
That’s not even the important part. Basically the only meaningful emotional hook in Brave New World is the Isaiah Bradley stuff, which only makes sense if you’ve seen the show.

You can connect the dots obviously, but he’s just some old guy if you’re going into the movie blind.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 10:17 AM   #255
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That’s not even the important part. Basically the only meaningful emotional hook in Brave New World is the Isaiah Bradley stuff, which only makes sense if you’ve seen the show.

You can connect the dots obviously, but he’s just some old guy if you’re going into the movie blind.
Of course, if you don't watch Brave New World (and there really isn't much of a reason to) then the Isaiah Bradley stuff in that show doesn't make any difference. It'd be like saying, "You really need to watch The Marvels to understand and pay off of Kamala Khan's arc from the Disney+ Ms. Marvel show!" ORRR... you could just not see both and miss nothing.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-03-2026 at 10:23 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 10:44 AM   #256
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

For some reason this didn't bother me nearly as much as it did others. I thought it was fine.


Hated how they did MODOK there. That was one character that literally could have been just a CGI model of the comic book character instead of whatever the hell they did there. Like I get MODOK looks like a giant head with arms and legs, but it's a weird monsterous-looking head. Not just a regular person's head stretched in photoshop.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 04:29 PM   #257
Daytona
Hench Mutant
 
Daytona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2025
Posts: 257
Small nitpick but I didn’t like how Peter referred to Mac Gargan as “Scorpion”. It know they wanted to get his supervillain name out there but it felt a bit heavy handed. I don’t think Spider-Man would tend to his delusions like that. Even Peter’s a.i. referred to him as Scorpion which was also a bit strange.

I think Mac’s “scorpions are nocturnal” line would have been enough to establish his persona.
__________________
https://x.com/JohnnyDi17
lmk if you’re from the drome if u follow me.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2026, 08:47 PM   #258
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
Small nitpick but I didn’t like how Peter referred to Mac Gargan as “Scorpion”. It know they wanted to get his supervillain name out there but it felt a bit heavy handed. I don’t think Spider-Man would tend to his delusions like that. Even Peter’s a.i. referred to him as Scorpion which was also a bit strange.

I think Mac’s “scorpions are nocturnal” line would have been enough to establish his persona.
True, but the movie acted as they fought a few times before. Spider-Man didn't act surprised he was in his new armor. The name must have stuck after a while.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2026, 08:51 AM   #259
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
Sorry, still not interested. I am done with these massive shared universes.

It’s like finding a TV show that you really like only to find out that you have to watch a dozen other shows that you don’t care about or dislike in a certain viewing order. Otherwise, you’re going to be completely lost when a character you’ve been following gets killed, mutilated, or turned into a leprechaun because someone in a different office thought it was a good idea. And even if I wanted to, you’ve priced me out watching these things legally.

I also like to go outdoors every once in a while.
Most of the responses you got to this were exactly opposite of what you needed to go see this movie. Pretty much the only deeply relevant thing you "need" to have seen was the last Spider-Man flick. That's it.

Everyone already knows who "Hulk" is. Any developments with him were universal enough that they could have literally happened at any point in continuity. You need basically zero Hulk background to see this movie.
Anything involving the T.V. shows is unnecessary. The Hand in the movie are ninjas employed by the bad guys and a one-liner is written into the script that anyone with a brain can process well enough to be acceptable. The Punisher is in the movie and enough people know who that character is that you don't even remotely need to go watch his T.V. series.
Anything involving the new Black Widow is written into the script well enough that you understand who she basically is even without seeing the caricature of a movie that was "Black Widow".

As a matter of fact most of the continuity aspects of this movie might make you curious to go back and watch something rather than being "required" viewing.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2026, 09:09 AM   #260
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,748
Part of me didn't want to go see this because of Mark Ruffalo; and I am most likely not going to see his Pixar movie next spring, but I was still curious to see what happened with Peter, MJ, and Ned. The movie was an emotional roller coaster ride for sure.

Spoiler:
My best friend, who is a big Marvel fan, can't recall of Jean Grey ever had a sister in any version of X-Men. However, he didn't read the early comics where that storyline came from and he also didn't know about Madelyne Prior until he watched X-Men 97. He thinks that storyline should be adapted for the future X-Men movie that he hopes will include Sinister.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brand new cuck, ceo of sex, cucker-man, sadie stink


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.