The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #2701
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
Sorry if someone has already answered this, but I couldn't find it.

I saw they are planning the release of a Turflytle figure- any idea on the date BUZZ BUZZ?

Also Slash is in stores from the looks of things correct?

Thanks!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #2702
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
A quick pic for the interested:

I've added Shredder into his correct group of 11" Turtles.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #2703
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
You know what would be cool? An 11 inch April with real, rooted hair. I know they'll never make it, but still.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #2704
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
That would be cool! I'd like to see an 11in April, also a Shredder to would be cool!
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #2705
barbecue17
Thug
 
barbecue17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
im sorry i had to share this with my fellow turtle brothers lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...item233c087eac
LOL!

Wow!

BTW, if anyone is interested I'll beat his price by half!
__________________
Barbecue17- he's cool, but rude.

If you're interested in action figure reviews and general tomfoolery, check out my blog: Action Figure Barbecue

Check out my action figure pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbecue17
barbecue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #2706
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
You know what would be cool? An 11 inch April with real, rooted hair. I know they'll never make it, but still.
Dolls are so popular these days, after Monster High, MLP: Equestria Girls, Frozen... all selling really well

Who knows maybe it would happen! Imagine if they also made Casey and the turtles in that same Doll form?

Or... wouldn't it be even funnier if they didn't make all 4, but only made Donatello? LOL
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #2707
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
You know what would be cool? An 11 inch April with real, rooted hair. I know they'll never make it, but still.
ewww..... i don't want a doll.
Besides, i don't think it is possible to make a cgi cartoon accurate april with real hair.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #2708
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
You know what would be cool? An 11 inch April with real, rooted hair. I know they'll never make it, but still.
As long as it's not as hideous as ravishing reporter April was...
A doll miiiight be okay. I wonder if a custom Monster High/Eah could be pulled off....
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #2709
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
A quick pic for the interested:

I've added Shredder into his correct group of 11" Turtles.http://i57.tinypic.com/bimhk3.jpg
You should also add Dojo Splinter in with the Dojo turtles
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #2710
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
ewww..... i don't want a doll.
Besides, i don't think it is possible to make a cgi cartoon accurate april with real hair.
Don't 'dolls' and 'action figures' pretty much mean the same kind of object? You play with both, both are often made of plastic, and in some cases they are even made of fabric.

I wonder why guys are afraid to play with dolls?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #2711
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Don't 'dolls' and 'action figures' pretty much mean the same kind of object? You play with both, both are often made of plastic, and in some cases they are even made of fabric.

I wonder why guys are afraid to play with dolls?
Spoiler:
Fun fact, Doll and Action Figure are legally different terms, and apparently Action Figures have a smaller tax then dolls. There's even a X-Men "scandal" about the subject.

Technically Dolls are human depicted toys, while Action Figure is non-human characters.


Edit: I remember incorrectly. Toys and Dolls are different terms. Action Figures can be either.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #2712
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Technically Dolls are human depicted toys, while Action Figure is non-human characters.[/SPOILER]
Many human action figures have suddenly had their manhood slaughtered by the realization they are, in fact, a doll.

And the Turtles did laugh thusly...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #2713
Movieguy12
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9
Walmart in romeovile IL has a display stand with all movie figures ready to bought. All basic, 10in and the medium sizes. Plus the kids costume things and the vehicle. Found everything.
Movieguy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #2714
Saint Phe
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32
Found the new wave of Nick Turtles and all the movie figures at a Walmart in Mississippi today. I got Slash, Newtralizer, Rahzar, and a Raph in Disguise. I love them all except Rahzar. He seems too flimsy and I HATE his upside down left hand that can't be rotated.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #2715
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Phe View Post
Found the new wave of Nick Turtles and all the movie figures at a Walmart in Mississippi today. I got Slash, Newtralizer, Rahzar, and a Raph in Disguise. I love them all except Rahzar. He seems too flimsy and I HATE his upside down left hand that can't be rotated.
Thanks for the opinions. I get my Rahzar and Slash Saturday. I hate how small Slash is but I hope I can find some redeeming qualities in him anyway.

Still trying to track down an undercover raph I'm sure i'll find one before they are all gone. I found a 2014 April today (even though I already had one)... so that's progress.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #2716
Saint Phe
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I still highly doubt that that version of Slash will be the final release. The official picture we've seen is a much brighter blue and has a different head sculpt. I know the figures are never exactly like the official pictures, but come on...his weapon is two different colors for crying out loud.
Turns out that version was the final release. I was kind of hoping for thr bigger head we saw once before, but this head kind of works after all. He looks great overall.
Saint Phe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #2717
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Saw this on ToyArk

EDIT: Sweet Jesus that's a huge pic! Spoiled for size.

Spoiler:


...do they plan on releasing all four with pupils?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #2718
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Thanks for the opinions. I get my Rahzar and Slash Saturday. I hate how small Slash is but I hope I can find some redeeming qualities in him anyway.
It is possible to make him bigger, but it involves a bit of work.

I looked around on the internet to see if I could find something, since scale seems to be a major issue, and I remembered someone saying eons ago on another board how they made a particular model bigger.

http://www.industrialpolymers.com/pr...panding-resin/

This stuff appears to be used for expanding a 'copy' of whatever it's molded from into a bigger size, with non of the detail getting lost. It expands with tap water and the new size can be used as a mold base to create a new mother mold, and allowing the person to recast it in it's new bigger size. Any new creation will have to be painted, but it'll be bigger at least.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #2719
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
You should also add Dojo Splinter in with the Dojo turtles
Dojo splinter didn't come in the larger scale.
Those figures are the 11" (12" for shred head).
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #2720
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
All the new movie and nick figs were at walmart in northern Oklahoma. Picked up a few sets of movie and a 11" Leonardo. Gonna be customizing them soon. Can't wait to see how they turn out.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.