The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 11:07 PM   #261
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
For any of you OT TMNT scholars- Does Usagi, the fly, Leatherhead, the rat king, or Lotus Blossom, or the Neutrinos ever make an apperance after season 4? Oh and I totally agree, if there was anyway possible to make the show more...I guess adult or mature is the word...it would be great but TMNT shows have always been aimed at kids and most likley always will be targeted to kids. But to me it's still good either way.
I know Baxtor comes back, I think at least once more. I forget which season, probably in 5 or 6. Doesn't he turn everyone into bugs or something? I don't remember what ends up of him though.
For some reason I think Leatherhead does come back again but I'm not sure. Maybe in an episode with the frogs?
I dunno about the Neutrinos, especially since the show after season 4 becomes less Dimension X oriented and more centred around ancient Japan (and other places) and more weirder aliens.
The Rat King does come back. I don't know how often though but he continues to be somewhat of a regular.
It kinda sucks that they stopped using the regular recurrent characters in favour of newer ones. No reason why they couldn't bring them all back at least once more in the later seasons, like in 7 or 8 but them's the breaks! We'll assume that, at least for the friends of the turtles, they kept in touch by email or something, lol.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #262
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
For any of you OT TMNT scholars- Does Usagi, the fly, Leatherhead, the rat king, or Lotus Blossom, or the Neutrinos ever make an apperance after season 4? Oh and I totally agree, if there was anyway possible to make the show more...I guess adult or mature is the word...it would be great but TMNT shows have always been aimed at kids and most likley always will be targeted to kids. But to me it's still good either way.
Usagi and Lotus don't come back no. Baxter the Fly is in one episode in season 5 and one episode in season 7. Leatherhead is in one episode in season 7. Rat King is in one episode season 5, one in season 7 and one in season 8. Nautrinos are in one episode in season 7 and Casey Jones is in one episode in season 5, one in season 7 and one in season 8.
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #263
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
The main recurring heroes of this show were:

Casey Jones
The Neutrinos
The Punk Frogs
Zack, the "5th turtle"

Usagi and Lotus are finished at this point. Next we get to see Bugman return, Mondo Gecko is in two episodes I believe, Kerma and we get to see Merdude later on.

The main recurring villains aside from Shredder/Krang were:

General Traag
Baxter
Leatherhead
Rat King

And then a few of the mobsters returned in a couple of episodes. Later on we get to see Dirtbag and Groundchuck, Rahzar and Tokka, Chrome Dome, Antrax and Scumbug, and some other mutants I'm forgetting.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #264
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,177
well I watched 4 more episodes. I think I like S4 more than S3, the fillers are a lot more fun i think. I've also noticed splinter has not been used that much at all this season..

leonardo lightens up: pretty fun episode with Leonardo acting wacky, I liked the villian, he even had a backstory. he didn't appear much but thats probably a good thing.

were-rats: not a big fan of mutation for one episode episodes but it kept me entertained that it didn't bother me.

funny, shrunk Mikey: I like it better than the first shrinking episode, nice to have a different vllian like always. other than that kind of generic.

big zipp attack:the creatures from Dimension X are usually hit or miss, this one wasn't so bad even if it had such a generic plot thats been used a lot, it had a lot of 'foreshadowing' i guess, I thought they were going to end up using wood since he couldn't eat it to trap him. Nice to have a 'cliffhanger' in the end even if its just comedy.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #265
HalfcourtGame
Hench Mutant
 
HalfcourtGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tany
Posts: 308
Ray Fillet makes an appearance with Dr. Polydorius (kinda funny recurring joke there) in Season 4 DVD. What episode does Tokka and Rahzar appear in? It'd be interesting to see what they look like.
__________________
Please Help Me Complete My Collection

I need Scratch!
MOC or loose complete
and Devil Shredder
MIB
HalfcourtGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #266
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphsation View Post
Ray Fillet makes an appearance with Dr. Polydorius (kinda funny recurring joke there) in Season 4 DVD. What episode does Tokka and Rahzar appear in? It'd be interesting to see what they look like.
Dirk Savage Mutant Hunter is the episode.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #267
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Dirk Savage Mutant Hunter is the episode.
Their also a TAD bit smarter than they are in the movie, but I didn't find them half as interesting because they are kind of represented 'dully' here, if that's a word. After Revenge of the Fly, all of the episodes had a sort of 'Been there, Done that, nothing exciting to see here' approach.

And the first half of the season didn't feel like that at all...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #268
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphsation View Post
Ray Fillet makes an appearance with Dr. Polydorius (kinda funny recurring joke there) in Season 4 DVD. What episode does Tokka and Rahzar appear in? It'd be interesting to see what they look like.
No way in shell was that Ray Fillet aka Man-Ray. Aside from the name and the general fact that they were both sea-creatures, there are no similarities. The Ray on the show was an amalgamation of several sea-creature qualities in the body of a humanoid fish. He may have been inspired by, but was not Archie's Man-Ray or Playmates' Ray-Fillet.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #269
HalfcourtGame
Hench Mutant
 
HalfcourtGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tany
Posts: 308
Oh that actually clears a lot of things up. I just figured he looked different in the cartoon compared to his action figure like a lot of other characters. Thanks for setting me straight.
__________________
Please Help Me Complete My Collection

I need Scratch!
MOC or loose complete
and Devil Shredder
MIB
HalfcourtGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #270
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Yeah. I just figured they took a bit of liberty with the character (and, in-essence, that it was supposed to be Ray Fillet).
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #271
Leonardo Leads
Thug
 
Leonardo Leads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 87
Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the packaging for this set?

I just bought Season 5 and was really impressed with it, so I'm now considering getting this.

Thank You
__________________
Leonardo Leads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #272
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
No way in shell was that Ray Fillet aka Man-Ray. Aside from the name and the general fact that they were both sea-creatures, there are no similarities. The Ray on the show was an amalgamation of several sea-creature qualities in the body of a humanoid fish. He may have been inspired by, but was not Archie's Man-Ray or Playmates' Ray-Fillet.
Sadly it is in fact the old Toon equivalent of Man Ray From Archie & Ray Fillet from the toy line they talked about it in an issue of the Archie comics and as to why they had to use different names for him.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #273
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Leads View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the packaging for this set?

I just bought Season 5 and was really impressed with it, so I'm now considering getting this.

Thank You
It's nothing special inside. Just a few sleeves for the discs and the box art isn't amazing either.

__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #274
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
It's nothing special inside. Just a few sleeves for the discs and the box art isn't amazing either.

Wow mines all black inside how odd yours is all white! Is everyone elses like this?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:33 AM   #275
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Wow mines all black inside how odd yours is all white! Is everyone elses like this?
Mine has a black disc tray also.
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 AM   #276
Leonardo Leads
Thug
 
Leonardo Leads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 87
Thank You Neutrino

I'll be buying it Amazon sooner or later

I wonder why Lions Gate keeps rehashing the same images of the Turtles for the box art, menus, ect.
__________________
Leonardo Leads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #277
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Sadly it is in fact the old Toon equivalent of Man Ray From Archie & Ray Fillet from the toy line they talked about it in an issue of the Archie comics and as to why they had to use different names for him.
I always figured he was supposed to be a substitute, but I just can't believe that he's supposed to be the same character. That would be too disturbing. Imagining him as 'inspired by' I might be able to manage without vomiting, but that's as far as I go. BTW, I'd love to read this letter if you or anyone else has it. Or, just tell me which issue as I have most of them. I remember my jaw dropping when they did the Merdude #3 since that was the first and only time Archie ever used that name for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Wow mines all black inside how odd yours is all white! Is everyone elses like this?
I got white too. It's an eye-sore.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #278
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang View Post
Mine has a black disc tray also.
Mine is all white inside.
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #279
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Just got mine today, and it's all black.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #280
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just got mine today, and it's all black.
High-Five welcome to the cool kids group lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.