The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #261
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What are they supposed to correct? The only thing they messed up with was the two skipped episodes.

Its not like they knew where the Euro Vacation episodes really took place, even Mirage's official website listed them as Season 7 eps.
Release boxsets for every season that only got volumes. Plus, some of the artwork used on the volumes always confused me.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #262
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
Release boxsets for every season that only got volumes. Plus, some of the artwork used on the volumes always confused me.
Uh, only Season 3 got volumes, every other season has a complete set release. I don't see what's so bad about it either, it was only 4 different DVDs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #263
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
Season 2 was oddly labeled as volume 2.

I realize this doesn't matter to some, but the episodes out of order and placed on the last disc of the previous season didn't make sense to me either. It's not something a casual person buying would notice, but it bothered me. I fully admit to being picky however.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #264
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
Season 2 was oddly labeled as volume 2.
But it still contained all 13 episodes of Season 2....what is the problem?

Only Season 3 was stretched out over 4 discs.

Quote:
I realize this doesn't matter to some, but the episodes out of order and placed on the last disc of the previous season didn't make sense to me either. It's not something a casual person buying would notice, but it bothered me. I fully admit to being picky however.
Its 2 skipped episodes, its not a disaster.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #265
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
It was just puzzling to me is all.

I said I was picky when it came to DVDs. Lionsgate is doing the Power Rangers Samurai DVDs and they appear to be doing even worse with them. Either way, I'd love to see them go back and correct a few things.

Apart from being slightly outdated and not mentioning season nine and ten, this video pretty much sums up the issues:

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/04/26/c...out-tmnt-dvds/
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #266
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The guy in the video is full of nonsense. There is NOTHING confusing about the Lionsgate TMNT DVDs.

Every Season had a complete set except for Season 3, and even then it was only 4 discs. There is one problem of two skipped episodes, and that's it.

I swear, how do people think there's a big problem with Lionsgate DVD releases?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #267
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
That's awesome that you're great with them, and it was awesome to finally seem them on DVD, but I had just hoped they'd fix a few things.

Mostly I hate volumes. To each their own.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #268
prophecy718
Hench Mutant
 
prophecy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312
I'm happy that we even got the whole series on DVD..alot of other shows stopped being released on dvd (ducktales, darkwing duck, fresh prince of bel-air to name a few)...

I'm not even going to complain lol...I'm satisfied.
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #269
veemonjosh
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The guy in the video is full of nonsense. There is NOTHING confusing about the Lionsgate TMNT DVDs.

Every Season had a complete set except for Season 3, and even then it was only 4 discs. There is one problem of two skipped episodes, and that's it.

I swear, how do people think there's a big problem with Lionsgate DVD releases?
There's nothing on volumes 1-6 that indicate they make up seasons 1-3. I've know dozens of people who thought the volumes were just random episodes, and/or that the DVDs had just skipped over the first three seasons.

It may not be confusing to you, or to anyone else that have followed the DVD releases, but it's incredibly confusing to a casual buyer (or, in James Rolfe's case, someone who jumped into the DVDs later on).
veemonjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #270
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Just wish I had made my in-better-order DVD-Rs before now.

Oh, and isn't about time we rename this thread?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #271
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
There's nothing on volumes 1-6 that indicate they make up seasons 1-3. I've know dozens of people who thought the volumes were just random episodes, and/or that the DVDs had just skipped over the first three seasons.

It may not be confusing to you, or to anyone else that have followed the DVD releases, but it's incredibly confusing to a casual buyer (or, in James Rolfe's case, someone who jumped into the DVDs later on).
It's their problem if they don't read descriptions. Who the hell buys things without researching first?

The Lionsgate DVDs were released in a decent manner. We have season sets for every season but one which is still in order.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #272
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
If I ever have a shake my head moment over the Lionsgate DVDs, I just have to console myself with the absolute mess that is the 2K3 DVDs.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #273
veemonjosh
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's their problem if they don't read descriptions. Who the hell buys things without researching first?
Most people don't. Most series, you don't have to make a road map in order to find out what you have to purchase, it's laid out there plain-as-day where to start. When you see "Season 4" for a show, it's assumed there is sets for "Season 1", a "Season 2", and a "Season 3". In this case, there are sets for the first two seasons, but they're listed as "volumes". Even if you do realize that those volumes are seasons, by that extension, you start to assume that each volume has a complete season; but then, you'd wonder why there's "Volumes 4/5/6" and "Seasons 4/5/6". Keep in mind, this is a hypothetical situation with someone who isn't as in-tune with the classic Ninja Turtles series as we are; they might just be someone who grew up with the series who might feel like collecting the DVDs.

And you can't exactly blame them for thinking the Volumes have random episodes. If you notice, nearly all other animated series do Volumes for random episodes to appeal to the most casual (i.e. kids) buyers, and they rarely ever go in order. This is why the 4Kids releases got so screwed up by the end of season 2.
veemonjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #274
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Even if I wasn't a hardcore TMNT fan, I doubt it would have taken me long to figure out what these DVDs were. People like to pretend that Lionsgate did this horrible injustice to fans, when in reality they released a 193 episode series on DVD from 2004 to 2012 with the only mistakes being two skipped episodes.

They even gave us interviews with th VA's for god sakes. People just love to complain.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #275
Mr. Orange
Random Punk
 
Mr. Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: N/A
Posts: 41
I'm not complaining so much as I'm just confused on the way they chose to release it.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #276
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant
 
Redmage1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 289
Season 2 Countdown

Leo broke his weapon...

Ep. 5 - Curse of the Evil Eye

5:22 Shredder turns Leos Katana's into Ice Cream Cones (Ok, so they're not BREAKING, but close enough! Same story with Raph's Sais down below)

Raph broke his weapon...

Ep. 5 - Curse of the Evil Eye

6:09 Shredder turns one of Raphs Sai's into a boquet of flowers

7:30 Shredder turns Raphs other Sai into a Snake

Mikey broke his weapon...

None broken.

Donatello broke his weapon...

Ep. 14 - New York's Shinest

9:54 Rex-1 breaks Donatellos "Best Bo".

Fourth Wall breaking moments...

Ep. 3 - It Came from Beneath the Sewers

10: 43 Michelangelo: "I saw this on the late show once. The invasion of the mean-green-giant-killer-bean-stalk!" *turns to camera* "Didn't think I could say it, did ya?"

Ep. 7 - Enter: The Fly

20:40 Michelangelo: "Awesome shooting, Master Splinter!" Donatello: "Especially for someone who doesn't believe in violence!" Splinter: *Turns to camera and turns red*

Ep. 8 - Invasion of the Punk Frogs

19:27 Shredder: "You traitorous frogs! You set me up!" Donatello: "That's right tin face, and now you're taking the fall!" *turns to camera* "Now where'd I learn to say stuff like that?"

Ep. 14 - New York's Shinest

2:38 April: "Ooooo, the nerve of those creeps! They wouldn't get away with this if the turtles were here!" *Irma turns to camera* Irma: "Most people would want the boys in blue, she wants the boys in green."

Ep. 16 - Teenagers from Dimension X: (NOTE: It's kind of hard to tell if they are meaning to break the 4th Wall in these two because in the first one it almost looks like Shredder is looking at Rocksteady when he says "Nothing personal" and while the camera is zoomed in on Mikey's face in his line, he is looking off to the side, so I'm not sure if it's meant like he is talking to the other turtles or the neutrinos or something, but I marked them both down as 4th Wall Breaking moments.)

3:35 Shredder: "Excellent! Once inside the mento-neutralizer, those turtles will become mindless zombies!" *looks at camera* "Nothing personal."

9:49 Leonardo: "Surrender Shredder, or face the consequences of your actions!" Michelangelo: "Don'tcha just love it when he talks like that?"

Ep. 17 - The Cat Woman from Channel Six:

9:50 Michelangelo: "Man, theres nothin like a furious fun filled food flinging fight!" *turns to camera* "Try saying that 3 times fast!"

Pizza Toppings...

Ep. 1 - Return of the Shredder:

1:14 They aren't eating any pizza, but Leo and Mikey are in the grocery store and Leo says..."Come on, Michelangelo! Think healthy for a change! You had Peanut Butter & Jelly on you're pizza last night!" Then Mikey replies with..."No way, bud! I had Chocolate Chips and Caramel Fudge."

Ep. 7 - Enter: The Fly

21:20 Anchovies smuthered in Gazai Leafs
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #277
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,405
What does this lifeless list got to do with the DVDs?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #278
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Same thing his season 1 breakdown list did. This thread is where we gave him ideas on what to look for is his full series marathon. I suppose he should have made a new thread for them though.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #279
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior
 
Darth Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mutani-Isle
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy718 View Post
I'm happy that we even got the whole series on DVD..alot of other shows stopped being released on dvd (ducktales, darkwing duck, fresh prince of bel-air to name a few)...

I'm not even going to complain lol...I'm satisfied.
I'm pretty sure season six of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air came out not too long ago so that series got a proper DVD release.
__________________
"Shredder, what have you done!?!" - Tiger Claw (Annihilation: Earth!)
Darth Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #280
prophecy718
Hench Mutant
 
prophecy718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I'm pretty sure season six of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air came out not too long ago so that series got a proper DVD release.
whoa, thats news to me...i been out of the loop lol thanks
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.