The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #261
Mellie
Foot Soldier
 
Mellie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Cybercubed liked it.
Oh great.
Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #262
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, compared to episodes of 2003, A Foot Too Big might be just way too juvenile for many people. Some of it, like the Bigfoot and The Finger embracing, was very cringe worthy. I am also not too thrilled with what I am seeing with Mondo Gecko, the Frogs, nightmare beavers and Demon Donnie. Just, way too corny for me. The Turtles have gone from season one, a very well done season that didn't insult the viewer, season 2 was definitely lower in quality but had really good episodes like Slash and Destroy, Wrath of Tiger Claw and Rats and Men, but the beginning of this season, plus some of the promos, made the series go from damn good, to a damn joke.
You know, for kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
I feel like I'm the only person who liked Pizzaface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Honestly, it's an alright episode. Compared to the rest of the show, it's horrible.
It was very reminiscent of the 80s show, and I like that. Didn't find it a good fit for the Nick show though.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #263
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Enjoyable episode, they really did a good job of conveying the human side of Bigfoot. She yearned to be loved and have someone care for her, she wanted that contact, and I think that's something everyone can relate to. I'm glad shr found it with Finger at the end.

Lost a bit of respect for Leonardo when he and Casey were mocking her. They didn't know she was there and instantly felt bad, but that's no excuse. Was nice to see April give Donnie the kiss at the end, but unfortunately it seemed more like something she was doing to make him feel better than because she genuinely cares in that way. It's leading him on and now he's back to square one.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #264
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Lost a bit of respect for Leonardo when he and Casey were mocking her.
Honestly I've been wondering lately if Leo and Casey's conversation was meant more at Donnie's expense, and finding it amusing watching him deal with the situation, rather than ever intending to mock Bigfoot.

And perhaps absentmindedly not giving consideration to her feelings because they might not easily see the 'creature' that is the 'mythical Bigfoot' as a person in the same way they see themselves and humans. Thus committing the same sin some humans would commit against them for being talking turtles. The show missed an learning opportunity there for the Turtles, or at least Leo, by not pointing that out.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #265
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
This show is so inconsistent after season 1 .I don't mind filler to much but this was just meh for me . I didn't like big foot as the character wasn't really interesting the finger was way to over the top , I cant even say this episode resolved the whole Donnie trying to get April thing because she kissed him . Just imagine if Chris Yost ( the guy who wrote the wrath of tigerclaw ) wrote every episode that would be so bad ass
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:16 PM   #266
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
This show is so inconsistent after season 1 .I don't mind filler to much but this was just meh for me . I didn't like big foot as the character wasn't really interesting the finger was way to over the top , I cant even say this episode resolved the whole Donnie trying to get April thing because she kissed him . Just imagine if Chris Yost ( the guy who wrote the wrath of tigerclaw ) wrote every episode that would be so bad ass
Christopher Yost also wrote episodes for the 2003 series.
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #267
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

And perhaps absentmindedly not giving consideration to her feelings because they might not easily see the 'creature' that is the 'mythical Bigfoot' as a person in the same way they see themselves and humans. Thus committing the same sin some humans would commit against them for being talking turtles. The show missed an learning opportunity there for the Turtles, or at least Leo, by not pointing that out.
Yes, exactly. Perhaps they were more like Teenage Mutant Ninja Hypocrites or Teenage Mutant Hypocritical Turtles in this episode.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #268
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I didn't get too mad at Casey and Leo's conversation. They didn't know Bigfoot was listening in, and they are teenagers. Teens tease people all of the time, and they did feel bad about it after Bigfoot ran away. I like the idea that Leo has flaws like this as it makes him seem more real instead of him being so perfect all of the time. Even he can have his "open mouth, insert foot" moments.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #269
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
Christopher Yost also wrote episodes for the 2003 series.
Yost is my favorite writer who ever wrote on the show.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #270
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
Christopher Yost also wrote episodes for the 2003 series.
I know thats why i would love that so much .
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #271
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I didn't get too mad at Casey and Leo's conversation. They didn't know Bigfoot was listening in, and they are teenagers. Teens tease people all of the time, and they did feel bad about it after Bigfoot ran away. I like the idea that Leo has flaws like this as it makes him seem more real instead of him being so perfect all of the time. Even he can have his "open mouth, insert foot" moments.
Yeah, perfect Leo ticks me off.... and this is a very young Leo at that. I'm glad they don't try to make him perfect. No doubt he's got it together more that the others but at the end of the day he's still a kid basically!
I liked this ep much better than the last one. There were some really good Raph moments.
I agree that the ending was kinda weird though. IDK what to think about April's feelings...
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #272
SuperManwich
New Recruit
 
SuperManwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
I love Chris Yost. He's worked on so many of my favorite cartoon shows: 2k3 Ninja Turtles, 2k6 Fantastic Four, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Probably one of my favorite people in media with his track record.
__________________
Hope these guys aren't lumberjacks!
No joke. The only thing safe in the woods...would be the trees!
SuperManwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #273
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
I really wish someone out there can deconstruct how one sided and shallow apritello really is.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #274
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Lost a bit of respect for Leonardo when he and Casey were mocking her. They didn't know she was there and instantly felt bad, but that's no excuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I didn't get too mad at Casey and Leo's conversation. They didn't know Bigfoot was listening in, and they are teenagers. Teens tease people all of the time, and they did feel bad about it after Bigfoot ran away. I like the idea that Leo has flaws like this as it makes him seem more real instead of him being so perfect all of the time. Even he can have his "open mouth, insert foot" moments.
You know, yeah Leo and Casey were being heartless douchebags, but I was more interested in Mikey's reaction. He was shocked to see Big Foot ran away crying.

Spoiler:




I was astounded and pleasantly surprised to see Mikey scolding them. The smallest and youngest brother practically screamed to them: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?" Mikey isn't taking any of that ****, talking smack about other people. He looked absolutely livid.





Living as a mutant, having a hard time getting acceptance from people, Mikey knows how it feels to be rejected and the pain that goes with it.

I'm impressed, bravo Nick.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 10-13-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #275
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
You know, yeah Leo and Casey were being heartless douchebags, but I was more interested in Mikey's reaction. He was shocked to see Big Foot ran away crying.

http://i.imgur.com/cZRN1f2.png

http://i.imgur.com/VwIOFhd.png

I was astounded and pleasantly surprised to see Mikey scolding them. The smallest and youngest brother practically screamed to them: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?" Mikey isn't taking any of that ****, talking smack about other people. He looked absolutely livid.

http://i.imgur.com/GJl35Vs.png

http://i.imgur.com/j5xDyYJ.jpg

Living as a mutant, having a hard time getting acceptance from people, Mikey knows how it feels to be rejected and the pain that goes with it.

I'm impressed, bravo Nick.
Thats why Mikey is my favorite turtle.


Can you spoiler tag those?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #276
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Yost is my favorite writer who ever wrote on the show.
He should totally come back!
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #277
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieangelo View Post
He should totally come back!
He should. I'd promote him to head writer.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #278
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManwich View Post
I love Chris Yost. He's worked on so many of my favorite cartoon shows: 2k3 Ninja Turtles, 2k6 Fantastic Four, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Probably one of my favorite people in media with his track record.
He should write more on this show. That would be so cool!

And he wrote the episodes for when Donnie turns into a monster (Yes, the Outbreak arc.) and some of the Ninja Tribunal stuff.
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #279
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
He should. I'd promote him to head writer.
I've been thinking the same thing.

I hope they would make it happen!
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #280
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Thats why Mikey is my favorite turtle.


Can you spoiler tag those?
Is it hard to see on the phone? Tagged it anyway.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.