The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #2801
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior97 View Post
There seems to be two variants of Slash, one with the Season 2 sticker and one without.

Rahzar also has the sticker

Newt and Splinter don't have sticker

Can anyone confirm and post a picture of the last three as variants?

Could this be a factory variation. The Slash without the sticker has this number OB4111. Can someone with the sticker tell me the production number on theirs

Thanks
Also consider the yellow paint on the Slash figure as well; one has the yellow shoulder spikes but none on the chest, one has yellow spikes on the chest but not on the shoulder, and one doesn't have yellow spikes on any of those two areas. I have two that I bought from two different Walmarts and they had the recent turtle cube displays and they both have the same code of OB4091; I have the first and third that I mentioned and I have seen the second on Ebay.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 06-28-2014 at 11:06 AM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #2802
TheWarrior97
Foot Soldier
 
TheWarrior97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 219
Thanks that helps.

Can you send me the link with the zero yellow spikes. At this point it seems this.

With sticker, yellow spikes on neck only
Without sticker, yellow spikes on chest plate.

Sounds to me like the one with no yellow paint was a painting miss from the same factory as the yellow chest spike. I have a feeling the sticker/yellow neck is from NN factory....or maybe WL

Last edited by TheWarrior97; 06-28-2014 at 11:33 AM.
TheWarrior97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #2803
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeBritishAccent View Post
SOLD! I wanted to buy some TMNT plush dolls for my son, but I never liked the look of any of the ones I've seen. It'll probably add up real quick pricewise, but I wanna snag all four of these. Any word on the release date?
Nearest hint I've seen are pics online with a July 11th date on it.
Spoiler:
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #2804
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
Here's a better pic of the upcoming TMNT build a bears. They're so cute I dunno which one I wanna make.
The Build-a-Bear in my local mall literally just closed down a few months ago
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #2805
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Why all the slash variants? Can't Playmates do a consecutive paint job?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #2806
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Can't Playmates do a consecutive paint job?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #2807
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Tell me about it! They actually did something right with the cockroach terminator repaint, but then we found out about the silver thing on his back was unpainted!




I wish we had the quality of the 2k3 line.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #2808
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I wish we had the quality of the 2k3 line.
Yeah...but for all the missing paint apps, I personally think they make up for them with the great sculpts and price. There aren't many other action figure lines (in this size/scale) that retail for just about ten bucks.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #2809
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior97 View Post
Thanks that helps.

Can you send me the link with the zero yellow spikes. At this point it seems this.

With sticker, yellow spikes on neck only
Without sticker, yellow spikes on chest plate.

Sounds to me like the one with no yellow paint was a painting miss from the same factory as the yellow chest spike. I have a feeling the sticker/yellow neck is from NN factory....or maybe WL
Do you know what the names of the two factories are? I used to know, but I can't remember how to get that information again.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #2810
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Why all the slash variants? Can't Playmates do a consecutive paint job?
Yeah, I really wish they'd be a little more true to the colors/details.

Have to say I'm happy that it appears that they fixed the color of Leo's shoulder gear for the LARP figures and added the blue band across his helmet (assuming the in-package photos are true to what will be in stores), but then it looks like across the four of them they turned around and cut other corners. *sigh*
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #2811
TheWarrior97
Foot Soldier
 
TheWarrior97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Do you know what the names of the two factories are? I used to know, but I can't remember how to get that information again.
I don't. I remember reading someone saying mexico at one point. Sorry
TheWarrior97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #2812
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #2813
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior97 View Post
I don't. I remember reading someone saying mexico at one point. Sorry
I think I found one, it's the Playmates Factory Building at 1 Tin Hau Road, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong. I don't know if that is the only one or if there is another.

I'd love it if it were Mexico, they could provide jobs down there and it would be easier to keep a watch on the factories to make sure they were treating their workers right.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #2814
alpaca witch
Random Punk
 
alpaca witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: the haunted castle
Posts: 35
Had to run some errands today, so I figured while I was out I may as well stop by Walmart and TRU to see if they had any of the new stuff in. By some random stroke of luck they did! Strangely enough the TMNT display cube was in a random spot, like way past all the toys and closer to the summer/pool type things so I almost missed it. I haven't treated myself to anything lately so I grabbed the 4 movie turtles and a Newtraliser then headed off to TRU for the heck of it. Their display cube for the TMNT figures was also tucked away in a random place, sort of behind a display in the gaming/phone section? Their selection seemed to be more limited than the Walmart selection though.
From what I recall, walmart had all the main figures (including April, disguise Raph, and Splinter) along with the giant figures, roleplay sets, and action feature turtles. TRU had most of that, but instead of having the action feature turtles, they had the assault van, and only one peg of the roleplay stuff.
Not important I suppose, but worth noting if you're looking for any of those specific things and haven't had any luck at a certain store.
alpaca witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #2815
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Heh, I was at my local Wal-Mart yesterday after we went to see Transformers, and as luck would have it, they had both several pegs on the main Nick TMNT display, as well as an entire endcap for the movie toys. I wasn't too impressed with the basic figures, but I fell in love with the larger "Combat Warrior" figures that had the actions, particularly Mikey. I loved how he twirls his three-piece, and he comes with the chucks for his other hand (HOW does one dual-wield a three-piece AND chucks together ??!! ) and you can also lower his arms to a "ready stance". Naturally, I HAD to get him!! The movie role-play stuff was cute. I want to get a pair of the chucks from the movie- they have some sort of dragon "etching" on them, like what he appears to have in the movie.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #2816
Calizfynest
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 6
Went to tru after work and found the assault van. Kinda upset that all the boxes were beat up. Was able to find one with little damage to it, so it isn't that bad. Any news on if there's going to make another wave?
Calizfynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:01 PM   #2817
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calizfynest View Post
Went to tru after work and found the assault van. Kinda upset that all the boxes were beat up. Was able to find one with little damage to it, so it isn't that bad. Any news on if there's going to make another wave?
Nope. It's only one wave as far as I know.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #2818
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post


The new movie van looks really awesome! I might consider it. As usual, Pixel Dan does a great job reviewing new TMNT toys.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #2819
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
One wave for the movie is pretty much what always happens with movie toys. I'm still hoping we get surprised and there is a mutant or something in the film that hasn't been shown yet, and Playmates will stealth release a figure of it in a future case assortment...

I love dreams!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #2820
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
One wave for the movie is pretty much what always happens with movie toys. I'm still hoping we get surprised and there is a mutant or something in the film that hasn't been shown yet, and Playmates will stealth release a figure of it in a future case assortment...

I love dreams!
Keep dreaming, maybe we'll get a Karai figure as well.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.