The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #281
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
To me this movie was a loose sequel to the movies. It's kinda nice to think that the connection is there, but also see they just don't have EXACTLY the same characterizations. For me it's hard to tie these guys in directly with TMNT3.

Although I just assumed it was two years. One year for training, one year to stay extra in south america
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #282
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
Aha! That's exactly it! She went, like, Snotty Valley Girl on us in .2 seconds right there! Rolling her eyes and shaking her head, I expected. The pout? A little OOC, but that's just my opinion. Lucky for me, that was the only one she had.
And speaking of April...SMG did very well with her delivery on most of her lines. At first I thought she'd be pausing like crazy, but she didn't. Yay SMG!

Yeah SMG did a fantastic job, I didnt think she would be very good for the part but heh while watching the movie I forgot it was her.

Evans was pretty good, but the turtles voice actors were very impressive.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #283
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
whats this could it be we dissagree for the first time ever...that scene is everything I've really ever hated about computer animated movies that makes them seen like cartoons from the 1920's where they dance around and act all show offish looky here by golly we made us a movin' picture movie!
The Garefield movie really does this to me as well as the one coming out the bee movie...they really need to stop with this and just get back to making movies. TMNT was a good example of what to do correctly.
Oh no... you did NOT just compare TMNT to Garfield. Brother, you wound me. *sniffle*
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:34 PM   #284
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Evans was pretty good, but the turtles voice actors were very impressive.
Well that goes without saying. Nolan North was so incredibly...awesome. They all were, of course, but he impressed me so very much. He's as good as Josh Pais, IMO.
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #285
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Oh no... you did NOT just compare TMNT to Garfield. Brother, you wound me. *sniffle*
hahah no you miss understand It was a bad example but ok seriously I hate those garfield movies he's a fat lazy cat that does next to nothing and what does he do runs around and dances more than anything...the skateboarding scene to me in this new movie was the worst point it was boring and very show offish something that bothers me allot with cgi animation...it's like saying hey look i'm flashy and fun look at me!!! It just doesn't roll well with me when they do things like that. I mean sure it would be fun to do that in a video game trying to get mike through all those sewer tunels and all.
But it just sort of comes up as a waste of time to me.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:49 PM   #286
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
hahah no you miss understand It was a bad example but ok seriously I hate those garfield movies he's a fat lazy cat that does next to nothing and what does he do runs around and dances more than anything...the skateboarding scene to me in this new movie was the worst point it was boring and very show offish something that bothers me allot with cgi animation...it's like saying hey look i'm flashy and fun look at me!!! It just doesn't roll well with me when they do things like that. I mean sure it would be fun to do that in a video game trying to get mike through all those sewer tunels and all.
But it just sort of comes up as a waste of time to me.
lol... yeah, I got you. I guess I look at story really broadly, so I saw the point to the scene and it had nothing to do with skateboarding. I mean, they coulda had Mike just groove his way down to the lair door boppin' to his iPod... but instead they rushed him down on a skateboard. *shrug* I thought it worked.

I love skateboarding stunts. My cousin and my older brothers are all sk8rbois. Maybe that's why I didn't even consider being impressed with Mikey's tricks... to me it was more of a mode of transportation!

Dude, now you've got me wanting to play a skating video game. I'm going to bed!
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #287
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
What?

the CGI was awful. The turtles looked good of course, but everything else looked awful. It was just an awful awful medium for a martial arts action movie. I hated when George Lucas did CGI in a live action movie, doing CGI the entire movie was disappointing.
The scene at the end with them fighting the foot with Splinter/April/Casey was awesome but short.

The CGI was awful?!? Dude, if you think it's awful then I would like to see you do better
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:02 AM   #288
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStyles View Post
The CGI was awful?!? Dude, if you think it's awful then I would like to see you do better
So would I! Unfortunately I have not devoted my life to a medium which I feel will take years and years and years to ever look realistic.
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #289
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
And the people that do are ****IN GREAT at it... not to mention are making a hell of a lot more money then you doin such a "unreleastic" form of story telling laughing at you as they read this(I'm sure if Kevin reads this topic he may relay it to the others) and will have a good laugh at your stupidity
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #290
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStyles View Post
And the people that do are ****IN GREAT at it... not to mention are making a hell of a lot more money then you doin such a "unreleastic" form of story telling laughing at you as they read this(I'm sure if Kevin reads this topic he may relay it to the others) and will have a good laugh at your stupidity
not sure where you conclude they make more money than me..

I don't think they're doing a great job at it. To be honest it's weird but the first time I really saw it used a lot was in Jurassic Park and that somehow looked ultra realistic. Ever since, in Star Wars etc it's always looked bad.. noticeable and out of place.
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #291
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
How do I conclude they make more money then you? They are working a major motion picture here... they are going to get paid a big chunk of change.

And right I feel that little Susie has more intelligence ... and I would love to hear your views on cartoons for not being realistic and made with a click of a mouse...
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #292
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Am I the only one that doesn't mind CGI not looking realistic? It's like in 2D animation - sometimes it's broad and cartoony, sometimes it's semi-realistic, and sometimes they go as close to full realism as they can. You know, style. As in, not a reflection of capability. Dreamworks' humans are pretty realistic, but they have a deadness to them (esp. the eyes) that I'm really glad TMNT didn't have. Even Advent Children, while looking quite nice and realistic, still looked dead to me... again, it was the eyes.

If they were trying to be realistic in this movie... then they failed. But amazingly enough, that was not their intent! How crazy!

I agree with iris in that my main appreciation for the skateboard scene was not only for the animation (though it did look pretty nice) but the fact that it showed how freaking hard it is to find the lair. These Turtles are well-hidden, which I liked very much... in the live-action movies it always seemed like any idiot could bungle into the lair. It was also a great personality showcase for Michelangelo, as he spent most of the movie in the back seat. Too bad Don didn't have a similar scene to shine... except for his horribly lame "this has Winter's name all over it!" joke. I guess Don's enough of a geek to make a bad joke like that, but yeesh. I like to see him being a cool geek.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #293
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStyles View Post
How do I conclude they make more money then you? They are working a major motion picture here... they are going to get paid a big chunk of change.

And right I feel that little Susie has more intelligence ... and I would love to hear your views on cartoons for not being realistic and made with a click of a mouse...
You have no clue about my background, that conclusion makes no sense.
We're talking about the CGI animators right? Well how much do you think their yearly salary is?
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #294
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
The only other time that Donnie was being weird is the phone at the beginning of the movie. But I agree it is too bad that he did not have too many good scenes. As for the CGI, I loved how it was done....I did not mind it.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #295
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Aaaahhhhh everyone chill out. He isn't a troll because he claims that he hated the animation. If he hated it, that's his opinion. I thought the humans looked pretty bad myself, although other parts were sweet.

He is a troll when he embraces the term, though.

Edit: Just read his post to Kevin Munroe. Yeah, troll.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!

Last edited by Rooish; 03-25-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM   #296
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't mind CGI not looking realistic? It's like in 2D animation - sometimes it's broad and cartoony, sometimes it's semi-realistic, and sometimes they go as close to full realism as they can. You know, style. As in, not a reflection of capability. Dreamworks' humans are pretty realistic, but they have a deadness to them (esp. the eyes) that I'm really glad TMNT didn't have. Even Advent Children, while looking quite nice and realistic, still looked dead to me... again, it was the eyes.

If they were trying to be realistic in this movie... then they failed. But amazingly enough, that was not their intent! How crazy!

I agree with iris in that my main appreciation for the skateboard scene was not only for the animation (though it did look pretty nice) but the fact that it showed how freaking hard it is to find the lair. These Turtles are well-hidden, which I liked very much... in the live-action movies it always seemed like any idiot could bungle into the lair. It was also a great personality showcase for Michelangelo, as he spent most of the movie in the back seat. Too bad Don didn't have a similar scene to shine... except for his horribly lame "this has Winter's name all over it!" joke. I guess Don's enough of a geek to make a bad joke like that, but yeesh. I like to see him being a cool geek.
I have no problems with it not looking realistic. But the "This has Winter's name written all over it" joke was pretty funny in that cheesy way, in my showing friday it made the entire audience laugh. Also the skateboarding sense made sense for 2 reasons transportation for a long ass travel to his home, and its fitting for the Mikey character.


As for Blueoakleyz I would really would love to know what you do that you can make better money then an Animator
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #297
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStyles View Post
I have no problems with it not looking realistic. But the "This has Winter's name written all over it" joke was pretty funny in that cheesy way, in my showing friday it made the entire audience laugh. Also the skateboarding sense made sense for 2 reasons transportation for a long ass travel to his home, and its fitting for the Mikey character.


As for Blueoakleyz I would really would love to know what you do that you can make better money then an Animator
It'd be nice to know how much animators made don't ya think?
I'm certain it can't be more than 100k/year?
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #298
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz
What?

the CGI was awful. The turtles looked good of course, but everything else looked awful. It was just an awful awful medium for a martial arts action movie.
I disagree. By doing CGI, the boys can show off actual ninja skills. In the live action movies, the fighting was pathetic compared to what we got in TMNT. The boys jumped from rooftops, flipped, jumped from planes, rode motorcycles, skateboarded... so on so on so on...

The first live action movie had none of that. Keep in mind, the first movie will always be special to me but I tend to think that many fans will agree that the turtles are more flexible and skilled in a cgi movie. Am I wrong? Agree? Disagree?
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #299
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
average $44,000. highest60,000. But it all depends on the reigion and employer of the animator
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:48 AM   #300
CJStyles
Hench Mutant
 
CJStyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
I disagree. By doing CGI, the boys can show off actual ninja skills. In the live action movies, the fighting was pathetic compared to what we got in TMNT. The boys jumped from rooftops, flipped, jumped from planes, rode motorcycles, skateboarded... so on so on so on...

The first live action movie had none of that. Keep in mind, the first movie will always be special to me but I tend to think that many fans will agree that the turtles are more flexible and skilled in a cgi movie. Am I wrong? Agree? Disagree?
I totally agree with you on that
__________________
CJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.