The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #281
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
kirby bat is like the worst fig ever! so gross.. can't believe we get a figure for him but not for some of the other cool characters..
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #282
Pizzalover94
Foot Soldier
 
Pizzalover94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
kirby bat is like the worst fig ever! so gross.. can't believe we get a figure for him but not for some of the other cool characters..
At least we got the character for completists. However, I too think that Kirbybat is the worst fig. I mean, his right arm is sculpted onto his body! He is also missing paint. All in all, I think the design was just so bad to begin with, that there was no way the toy could be saved. Definitely one I will skip. I do like that he comes with a bat "buddy" however. Nice throw back.

Edit: Although I did say some nice things, Kirby Bat is one of the worst figs I have ever seen.
Pizzalover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #283
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I don't understand why everyone hates him so much...besides for the crap paint job (was anyone REALLY expecting anything different...?) I don't think he's that bad.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #284
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Someone won a Casey figure in the TMNT Fan Club giveaway and posted pics on RangerBoard.

Looks fine without the mask, but something is just off when it has it on. Did the mask bend in the packaging so the eyes end up being off-center? Wow.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #285
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Nice, wish I could read the bio though!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #286
Pizzalover94
Foot Soldier
 
Pizzalover94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I don't understand why everyone hates him so much...besides for the crap paint job (was anyone REALLY expecting anything different...?) I don't think he's that bad.
I do have to admit that the missing paint applications come as no surprise. I think Playmates has misrepresented just about every toy's final paintjob. However, I think the main reason people are hating on Kirbybat is because the design was just bad to begin with. I just think the color of his skin looks sickly, and his body shape kinda creeps me out. Looks like a curvy pickle to me. I also do not like how his arm is molded onto his body. I do not believe I have ever seen an action figure with an arm molded on. It just looks cheap. Although a side effect of the design, his articulation is pretty much useless as well. Just stand him up and look at him. His long skinny legs look bad as well. Ultimately, Playmates made a good effort. I believe that the character design was just so bad that the action figure could not be saved. I will admit that it is fun to criticize things, rather than enjoying them for what they are. I have bought every unique character in the line so far, barring repaints and turtle variants. I just think, as so many have said before me, that the turtles are the best figs in this line. I also really enjoy the Mousers. I have three sets of them, and will probably get even more. I do enjoy this line. I just think this next wave looks pretty weak. I am excited for Casey Jones, however.

Edit: Casey Jones looks bad as well.

Last edited by Pizzalover94; 12-18-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Pizzalover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #287
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Jones is everywhere:

(not my pictures!)

Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


He doesn't look BAD...but his paint could have been better, of course. Two things that I really don't like: He has his face paint on and his hood seems like it's not removable. Oh well, I'll still be getting him, and who knows, maybe he'll look better in person. At least he comes with some accessories.

EDIT: Ah, crap. Someone beat me to the pictures while I was typing this, lol.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #288
Pizzalover94
Foot Soldier
 
Pizzalover94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 161
That looks so different than what the prototype looked like. I will probably skip this one too. The lack of paint is just too much for me.

Edit: This could be a prototype pre-release type figure. At least that's what I'm hoping it is. If this is the actual release figure, then I am done with them.
Pizzalover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #289
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzalover94 View Post
That looks so different than what the prototype looked like. I will probably skip this one too. The lack of paint is just too much for me.

Edit: This could be a prototype pre-release type figure. At least that's what I'm hoping it is. If this is the actual release figure, then I am done with them.
The prototype pictures ALWAYS have more paint than the actual production pieces. Literally every figure has shown that, even the turtles.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #290
seditionary
Mouser
 
seditionary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
I think it looks awesome! The flash in the picture makes it look off, but the darker pictures he looks great. The mask is probably warped like someone said, so it doesn't line up. I bet a hairdryer could fix that.

So bummed I didn't win it.
seditionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #291
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Huh... I thought when they meant unmasked head, it was going to be maybe one without the makeup or something.

Hopefully the mask lines up better on other copies of the figures here. Also, the legs may take some getting used to as I think they look a bit further out from the rest of his body than they should. Particularly in the photo showing him wearing his mask.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #292
seditionary
Mouser
 
seditionary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
I also wonder if the eyes are painted a little off. I think he looks insane in a really good way. Wish we could see the back rigg he's got setup.
seditionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #293
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I still dig the Casey fig but WOW he looks very very creepy especially when next to april

Wish he just had his human unpainted face under the mask. But I do like that he has a removable mask, quite cool
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #294
Pizzalover94
Foot Soldier
 
Pizzalover94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Alabama, USA
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
The prototype pictures ALWAYS have more paint than the actual production pieces. Literally every figure has shown that, even the turtles.
I know, but still. He stills need more paint. I do not think that April and Splinter looked much different than the prototypes. I do not care if the prototype pictures always have more paint. That does not mean that I have to accept it. I mean, this time, the paint really, really makes a difference in my opinion.

Edit: I hate to sound so negative. In my opinion, I feel that this is the worst Casey Jones figure ever made. And that is what it is, an opinion. I just feel that this is one of those times where the prototype looks sooo much better than the final product. Even more than most figures from this line.
Pizzalover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #295
Marksenad
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 186
I really wanna see more pictures of Rahzar, the cardback ones are way too small
Marksenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #296
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Nice to see he has elbow and knee joints. COUGHaprilCOUGHCOUGH
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #297
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
He's in pretty good scale with the Turtles. Really liking this Casey toy. Now if we could only see his bio.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #298
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Wow knees and elbow joints? But does he have wrist joints?
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #299
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Some more Casey.



Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #300
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Thanks Sharkblade I love that bio!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.