The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #3081
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Yeah here in Utah people are going Turtle crazy. I've meet a lot of people who are really digging the new design of the figures.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #3082
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
the figures are burning up the charts on amazon, too. the 4 classic turtles are outselling the nick line so far, but even the nick line has 5 or 6 figures in the top 100 (within the action figure category under Toys & Games) -- and as mentioned, this is all BEFORE the show even starts. Even the SDCC 2012 Leo figure is in the top 100 (hovering around #35 right now)

Let's hope it continues like this so we can get years of great new episodes, toys and other merch
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #3083
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I haven't been posting much here lately, but I can thankfully report I have all the new stuff. Classics & Nick line. Really happy.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #3084
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Congrats Powder. I have all the basic figures from Nick, and Raph & Don from the classic line.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #3085
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I haven't been posting much here lately, but I can thankfully report I have all the new stuff. Classics & Nick line. Really happy.
nice dude, congrats!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #3086
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
The view at my local Hasting's:

Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #3087
RaptorBandito
Mouser
 
RaptorBandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Slap-Happy, how much are they at Hastings? I have a few in my area, I might have to check them out.
RaptorBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #3088
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Got the new nickelodeon April figure Today, and it is actually a lot better than i expected. She comes with a lot of cool weapons too! So far i have the four turtles and April. I plan on getting Splinter next. Can't wait for the Dog Pound, Fish Face, and Metal Head Figures!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #3089
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Got the new nickelodeon April figure Today, and it is actually a lot better than i expected. She comes with a lot of cool weapons too! So far i have the four turtles and April. I plan on getting Splinter next. Can't wait for the Dog Pound, Fish Face, and Metal Head Figures!
Congrats dude on a nice score.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #3090
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Yeah I really want more figures in this line and can't wait. I'm really excited about Leatherhead. He has always been one of my favorites. I'm trying to figure out how to make a Leatherhead in line with the NECA.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #3091
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorBandito View Post
Slap-Happy, how much are they at Hastings? I have a few in my area, I might have to check them out.
They're $15.99.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #3092
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
For some reason I just LOVE in-store photos of the shelves It's a good feeling seeing turtles back where they belong. That store had a lot of stock -- awesome, Slap-Happy. And WOW they have walking dead there too!?

Sometimes I think I should be fortunate that I can't easily get access to all these figures in-store where I live. I would be totally broke at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Got the new nickelodeon April figure Today, and it is actually a lot better than i expected. She comes with a lot of cool weapons too! So far i have the four turtles and April. I plan on getting Splinter next. Can't wait for the Dog Pound, Fish Face, and Metal Head Figures!
I like her too. It's hard not to notice the lack of articulation on the non-turtle figures, but I like her sculpt. It's going to be really interesting to see her train with Splinter. I think I may end up liking it better than April's role as a reporter which feels very sideline. Why can't she be out there in the action with the boys? This gives her a lot more to do.

I'm really antsy about wave 2... hope we get some news sometime this year.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #3093
TheFallen
Thug
 
TheFallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 72
My preorder from BBTS was cancelled for the Classics because I live in Australia so I had to buy them at a very inflated price on eBay. I didn't even shop around on there because I am so anxious to get these toys.

I am reading very good things about the figures, from reviews and pictures to finding out that sales are doing very well. This is great news especially considering all the bad news going around about my favourite toy line, MOTUC.

But Classics is my dream TMNT line so I hope to see future waves sooner rather than later. I will never be satisfied until I get a Mutagen Man and Muckman & Joe Eyeball in classics style so I hope this line can last that long for it to happen.

I almost feel like I did when TMNT first hit in the '90s.
TheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #3094
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Wish my Hastings looked like this. My Target still hasn't put anything out yet.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
The view at my local Hasting's:

__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #3095
MaxGoof
Mouser
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13


I've been passing the time by spending a kajillion hours building LEGO and Mega Bloks sets lately, but I finally sat down to review my long-neglected April O' Neil action figure today!

[I can't post the full version of this review here without Google flagging me for duplicate content, but you can access the prettied-up version of this review on my daily toy review blog with the full photo gallery by clicking right here.]

Pros:
  • I have to admit--this new April O Neil design has really grown on me. I loathed it at first, but I think that the young, spirited, athletic look for April may really be able to win over a lot of nay-sayers in the cartoon. The yellow shirt is an excellent homage to April's yellow outfit from the vintage cartoon, and her thin and fit look makes April look like the type of girl who could legitimately learn ninja skills.
  • The paint apps on this figure are absolutely killer. No flaws or imperfections of any kind whatsoever--every line is clean and expertly applied, and there's no hint of slop anywhere. Much better than the paint on any of the figures that I've reviewed or discussed so far.
  • While her articulation isn't the greatest, April does have passable flexibility. April's best joints are her ball-jointed neck, shoulders, and hips, though she also has swivel forearms and a swivel waist. She can't handle all of her weapons perfectly, but she can look all around and she has one mean high kick.
  • April O' Neil comes with TONS of awesome weapons!! Besides the training bo staff she comes packed next to, she has an entire sheet of ninja weapons, just as the Ninja Turtles come with. But April's weapons are all training weapons, which makes them really fun and special. I never thought I'd see the day that a figure would come with a wooden sword or a kendo stick, but Playmates Toys has really surprised me with their super ideas here! Love--love--April's weapons.



Cons:
  • I'm not taking the 5 ball-joints on April for granted, but all of the articulation that is lacking on April is a real downer. No wrist articulation? No elbow articulation? No knees? No ankles? This is a real problem for a girl who's training to be a ninja. The points April has are great, but what she's missing is impossible to overlook.
  • April O' Neil is shortpacked at just one-per-case, which I'm never a fan of. I had a hell of a time finding the original April O' Neil figure like 20 years ago because of her being shortpacked, and I think April has earned at least two slots in a case of 24 by now.
  • Is it me, or does April look a little too much like Pippie Longstocking in the art on her character bio card?



Overall: April O' Neil is hardly the greatest figure ever or even one of the best of this year, but she is definitely a better figure than the Splinter and Foot Soldier figures I've previously reviewed, and also far superior to most April O' Neil toys ever released. The new character design for April is a real winner, IMO, and the execution of the paint work is just perfect here. April may have the absolute strongest selection of weapons of any figure in Series 1 of Nickelodeon's TMNT, and I totally love her kendo stick. However, her articulation is a real hindrance, and really limits what this new April O' Neil figure can do. April earns a recommendation, but be aware of the limitations that hold this figure back from being anything really extraordinary.

GRADE: B

MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #3096
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38117

There's a thread for reviews. Make use of that instead, next time.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #3097
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
You mean people need to look before they post? When did that start?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #3098
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
Told y'all...people looking for those hits to their website, that's all it is

Serm's like the definition of SPAM to me
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #3099
hitmonkey
Foot Soldier
 
hitmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 236
Scored Splinter and April today at Target. They still hadn't done their toy reset, so I actually gave them the UPC from my Raphael and had them go to the back. So much hassle, as they seemed baffled that they even had these figures. Clearly another employee or collector had gotten to the case already, because there wasn't a Kraang or Foot Soldier to be found. Hopefully the line launches full retail soon, because I'm completely spent on toy hunting after the nightmare that was the Walmart exclusive Avengers figures and now these.

I've got two sets of the four Turtles (one set to just stand on my toy shelf, the other set for my daughter and I to play around with), Shredder, Splinter, and April. That's enough to keep me happy for the time being. Hope everyone else has continued luck finding 'em.
hitmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #3100
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Oh no hitmonkey, you have another collector in your area to compete with that can be a bother. I don't think you'll have much trouble finding them in the coming weeks. Just check your regular stores a few times per week. Don't forget, there's always toysrus.com walmart.com target.com and my personal fav amazon.com to fill in any holes
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.