The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2015, 01:36 AM   #3081
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Are you in Tx, by chance?
Yes ma'am. I am in Texas.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:55 AM   #3082
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Thought so. I seemed to recall you might have mentioned it once, but wasn't sure. And please DON'T call me ma'am- you'll make me feel older than I already AM, LOL! Duckie will do. (Or Ducks.)
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:59 AM   #3083
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Thought so. I seemed to recall you might have mentioned it once, but wasn't sure. And please DON'T call me ma'am- you'll make me feel older than I already AM, LOL! Duckie will do. (Or Ducks.)
That's do-able. I'm not native Texan but I've lived here long enough to be considered as one. We'll talk on your wall if you want.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:08 AM   #3084
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Nah, about to take my aching back self to bed. Pulled something while changing out the tea urn at work today, and it's been hurting ever since. And that was around 4 PM, and I had to stay till 11. There's MY gear-grind for the day!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:14 AM   #3085
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
It's not just the heat - it's the humidity as well. It's so gross.
It was 44.4 C in Perth last week (111.2 F), and of course everything caught fire all at the same time, as it does. It was really dry though, so it wasn't too bad.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:27 AM   #3086
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Proactive, I'm in QLD, and basically we're just getting either really hot days, or rainy days which are also hot and just add to the overall humidity. And I live in a unit that doesn't even have ceiling fans.

__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:31 AM   #3087
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
I hate when a drunk guy punches me in the gut because I'm wearing a TMNT Shell t-shirt.
True story.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:53 AM   #3088
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Proactive, I'm in QLD, and basically we're just getting either really hot days, or rainy days which are also hot and just add to the overall humidity. And I live in a unit that doesn't even have ceiling fans.
I know what you mean. I used to rent a town-house style unit with no fans or air-con, and you got slow roasted upstairs. It had that disgusting popcorn ceiling too... terrible!

Perth gets hot in summer, but it's windy and not too humid so I can't complain. I hate high humidity hardcore so you have my condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
I hate when a drunk guy punches me in the gut because I'm wearing a TMNT Shell t-shirt.
True story.
What a prick.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:55 AM   #3089
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Stabbing headaches that come and go. So not a fan of those.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:30 AM   #3090
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Yes....quite.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:14 AM   #3091
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Man, you people are crazy, wanting to trade cold for heat. It's not even that cold here, and I'm in Texas too. Just a t-shirt and an unzipped hoodie will do it for me.

**** the heat. I grew up in Las Vegas, so unless you're in Arizona, you don't get to complain, I've experienced worse. :V I'm so glad to be out of that sun every damn day.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #3092
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Meanwhile a few days ago in the American Midwest and Northeast, we had temperatures in the single digits Fahrenheit, or around -12 to -15 for Celsius for the low with windchills reaching -25 Celsius. It was even colder than Anchorage, Alaska!
Not to be the "one-up" guy, but the current temperature where I live is -25°C Celsius with a windchill of -30°C. Not the coldest day of the season, either; We've had days near -40°C windchill lately. Not exactly pleasant...

That said, I can deal with the cold a lot better than the heat (especially the humid kind) so my sympathies there too, pennydreadful, DarkFell, MsMarvelDuckie and ProactiveMan!
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #3093
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Man, you people are crazy, wanting to trade cold for heat. It's not even that cold here, and I'm in Texas too. Just a t-shirt and an unzipped hoodie will do it for me.

**** the heat. I grew up in Las Vegas, so unless you're in Arizona, you don't get to complain, I've experienced worse. :V I'm so glad to be out of that sun every damn day.

Just wait. I know you've only been here a couple of years, so technically you haven't TRULY experienced Texas heat. Believe me, you've been lucky so far. (Actually, we ALL have here. The past couple of years have been cooler than usual, though we STILL haven't had enough rain.) Gets JUST as hot as out there (going just by average temps) but then we get that darned Gulf south wind that makes it SOOO freaking humid, too! A 102 degree day here can feel like 110 somewhere else! And having so much FLAT land to just soak up the heat (with no mountains, giant canyons, or other big geographic formations to break it up or cool things down) just holds the heat in that much longer.... The last time I was in New Mexico, it was cooler in July than it was in my home town.


As for the cold, yeah, I'd trade it for a little warmth, at least. Wind chill really bites, especially when you're in it for an extended period. Been wearing two coats to and from work the last few days, mostly because of the chill factor. I DON'T want the heat, because one can never take off enough clothes not to get drenched in sweat, but A little LESS cold would be nice....
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #3094
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
New Mexico isn't Las Vegas or Arizona.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:20 AM   #3095
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
People who take sports overly seriously. Like, I was reading the news, and apparently a sportsball team from Green Bay is having a little rivalry with another team from Seattle, and so people are taking things to Extremes, such as, "bans" on cheese in the state of Washington, and radio DJs in Green Bay refusing to play any Seattle-based music like Nirvana. I can only imagine how much Fun this all is for residents in either area who sincerely don't give a sh*t.

These are the same types of people who use "We" to describe whatever their team is doing, as if that's perfectly normal. "We kicked your butt last night! Our starting whichever is much better! There's no stopping us this year!" Holy sh*t, do these people realize how f*cking moronic they sound when they do that? The most athletic thing They did was stand on line at the liquor store and phone Domino's for hot wings before the game even stared.

That's like saying "we're getting the nWo back together on Raw this Monday", or, before that, "We, as in me and Solid Snake, spent most of the weekend rescuing Shadow Moses Island from a terrorist uprising and destroyed Metal Gear." It sounds SO STUPID whenever people apply it to a non-sports context, yet these people who would - With Good Reason! - punch you right in the stomach for publicly bragging about how "'We' found the Triforce and saved Zelda last night", still obnoxiously parade around in public bragging about "their" accomplishments and victories, as if they weren't taking place thousands of miles away with a bunch of strangers.

Not okay, people. It Is NOT Okay.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:47 AM   #3096
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post

... unless you're in Arizona, you don't get to complain,
Oh I get to complain.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:53 AM   #3097
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
I don't know anything about the weather where you live, I apologise.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:19 AM   #3098
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Man, you people are crazy, wanting to trade cold for heat. It's not even that cold here, and I'm in Texas too. Just a t-shirt and an unzipped hoodie will do it for me.

**** the heat. I grew up in Las Vegas, so unless you're in Arizona, you don't get to complain, I've experienced worse. :V I'm so glad to be out of that sun every damn day.
My weather isn't really that bad, wow.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #3099
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Vomiting while sh*tting blood. For hours on end. Losing consciousness numerous times throughout. That definitely grinds my gears.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:40 AM   #3100
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
I imagine it would.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.