The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #3161
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
ATTENTION All St.Louis Shellheads!!!


Toys R Us in South County on Lindbergh has about 100 basic figures, and about 8 classics left on the shelf. All vehicles, sewer set, and talking turtles as well as the weapon sets are on the shelf there as of 2pm.

I picked up my classics, and a few more basics (and the last April and Kraang sorry), but every other turtle figure and accessory is there right now.

Why are you still reading this!??!?! Go get them!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #3162
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Looks like I'm getting the classics though my local comic store. Got a phone call today by the store owner, the Classics have arrived to Norway. Wooh!
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #3163
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
ATTENTION All St.Louis Shellheads!!!


Toys R Us in South County on Lindbergh has about 100 basic figures, and about 8 classics left on the shelf. All vehicles, sewer set, and talking turtles as well as the weapon sets are on the shelf there as of 2pm.

I picked up my classics, and a few more basics (and the last April and Kraang sorry), but every other turtle figure and accessory is there right now.

Why are you still reading this!??!?! Go get them!
totally awesome news!!!!
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #3164
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I totally lucked out and found the Classics at my local Toys 'R Us! I'm on Long Island. I was so excited to find them there! I already bought Classics Don from my LCS for $21.99, but now I was able to get my second Classics Don to keep MIB, for only $16.99 retail price! I only bought Don, so now I have two Don's: I don't need the whole set, believe it or not. Just wanted one Donnie to keep MIB, the other to take out.

AND...the Don I picked up from Toys 'R Us is hardly cockeyed at all! I lucked out guys!



I also snagged the Sound FX Donatello. At $12.99, these figures are surprisingly awesome. So, total spoils for the day:



I'm borderline broke at this point, so I'm done for now. In total, I have the entire Nick line (+2 extra Donatello to keep MIB), 1 Sound FX Don, 2 Storage Shell Don, and 2 Classics Don. I always buy doubles to keep one MIB and take other out, but I don't need 2 Sound FX. I think I'll just keep the one I have MIB.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #3165
TheFallen
Thug
 
TheFallen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 72
Be careful posting pictures in this thread. Some people already know what these look like and don't want to keep seeing them

Congrats on finding a good Don. Once they hit here I am going to try and find a good one.
TheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #3166
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Looks like I'm getting the classics though my local comic store. Got a phone call today by the store owner, the Classics have arrived to Norway. Wooh!
grats to you wath store did you order from?and will you say the price ?
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #3167
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
got mine, Don is lazy eyed. But I'll paint them white eyes.

Got some issues with Raph's right hand, his fingers have some excess rubber. This makes making a fist, makes his fingers go out of socket. They don't fall out luckily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
grats to you wath store did you order from?and will you say the price ?
Outland in Kristiansand, got one case only it seems. They cost 275 NOK per figure.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #3168
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
got mine, Don is lazy eyed. But I'll paint them white eyes.

Got some issues with Raph's right hand, his fingers have some excess rubber. This makes making a fist, makes his fingers go out of socket. They don't fall out luckily.



Outland in Kristiansand, got one case only it seems. They cost 275 NOK per figure.
thanks hehe you live close by i see i might take a call to them and here if they are sold out.heavy pricing tho i give around 100 nok per figurine and thas with tax and customs i guess toys and rus will be around 200/250 nok per figurine thanks fore telling
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #3169
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
I just got back form Toys' R Us. This time it was a fresh batch of atleast one of everything out. Instead of just four basic Nick line figures left and one double of the four, it was plentiful and overflowing! That was nice sight. I bought all four of the Classics Line. I don't see what the problem is with Don's eyes. Mine looks fine. Its not like Leo's '88 moc problem. There is just one problem with these, it says 1988! The toys were but the original Ninja Turtles cartoon was 1987! My year! Hope we hear about a second batch ASAP! It would make sense if its a certain quartet of villains!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #3170
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Got some issues with Raph's right hand, his fingers have some excess rubber. This makes making a fist, makes his fingers go out of socket. They don't fall out luckily.
My Raph has the same problem, glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Finally found in retail today. Was able to pick my sister up a non-wonky eyed Donatello... Just keep it a secret, I wanna surprise her shhhh
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #3171
Panda Khan
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Bamboo Grove.
Posts: 249
Went to TRU today and got one set of the Classics. Unfortunately the other set on the shelf was missing Donatello so I didn't bother buying those. I cancelled my case pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store because they've yet to ship them and I got tired of waiting when I can just get them locally. Today was tax free day in my state so I actually didn't pay that much more compared to online. Donatello wasn't "wall-eyed" either.
__________________
"When It's Time To Party We Will Party Hard."
Panda Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #3172
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Has anyone checked out the playmates toys website lately......On there basic figures area they show 3 new "coming soon" boxes....Here is the link:http://playmatestoys.com/brands/teen...-figures/basic
__________________
Spoiler:


This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #3173
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
my target has stocked on the new tmnt basic figures.

as well as fall of cybertron transformers, halo, new lego and mega blocks,

and mlp.

i finally got leo to complete the 4 turtles.

i love the hell out of these. but leo's head seem a lil stiff and not as movable on the ball join like don raph and mikey.
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #3174
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
Congrats on finding a good Don. Once they hit here I am going to try and find a good one.
Thanks man, I'm quite the happy fan.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #3175
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Thanks man, I'm quite the happy fan.
OHHHH DONNIE!! I've gotta hear the Power FX Donatello.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #3176
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
Got the Power Sound figures minus Shredder in the mail this week, I ordered them all off TRU when they were having the 20% off sale & free shipping over $75.00. The Shredder is backordered still & I got an email that they will cancel it if they don't have it in stock by 08/31. Went to several Target's & Wal-Mart's today looking for some bookcases or shelving & checked the toy aisles for Turtles. All the Target's had them out, but no sign of them at Wal-Mart yet.

I also stopped by TRU since I was out anyway & they had re-stocked. They have a full end cap of Turtle stuff now without anything else mixed in. They had the Lair Playset & the Classics. I finally got an April for my Niece & Nephew. I also got a Classic Don that has very good eyes. I looked very closely through all of the Classics to examine the paint jobs on them. The Mikey's were horrible, they had eye issues worse than what we have seen on the Don's. One tiny pupil & one normal sized pupil on all of them. I forgot to take my cam since I wasn't planning to stop by TRU or I would have taken some pic's.

Edit: Here is a pic of the Don I got:




Last edited by Doomsword; 08-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #3177
JPP
Thug
 
JPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Thanks man, I'm quite the happy fan.
I picked up a Power Sound FX Don too the other day. After being pleasantly surprised with it, I decided to get Mikey too.
JPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #3178
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Seeing a LOT of "fixed" classic dons lately. Guess mine will become a collector's edition

derp or die baby
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #3179
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
Has anyone checked out the playmates toys website lately......On there basic figures area they show 3 new "coming soon" boxes....Here is the link:http://playmatestoys.com/brands/teen...-figures/basic
Yes, there is a whole thread that i started about those upcoming figures
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #3180
rav4ge
Foot Soldier
 
rav4ge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 242
Visited my local Toys R' Us today, the Metrotown Mall location in Vancouver (Canada). They had Leo's toy katana and the Shellraiser, but no figures in sight.

An idea of things to come, I guess. In any case, I'll be heading down to the US for PAX come September. I might just pick up the toys then, for cheaper too, I should add.

In any case, keep me posted on toy sightings, fellow Canadians!
__________________
"Grim... gritty... my kind of place."
--Raphael, Turtles Forever

rav4ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.