The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #301
ScratchTheHotSpot
Foot Soldier
 
ScratchTheHotSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
^Very nice custom man. Bravo!

-----

Just discovered Rockefeller Kraang (in torn android body) and Dark Leonardo. Apparently they're special edition for past event only.

The price on eBay can reach from $250 and above, each! Lego pls release them to the public soon, I can't with those money grabbing psychopaths.
lol unfortunately thats most likely not going to happen. You'll just have to keep your eyes peeled for some going cheap on eBay. With a run of 300 for Kraang, and 500 for Leo, they will probably never go as cheap as you'd like
ScratchTheHotSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #302
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
I mentioned to my mom in passing a couple weeks ago that I was excited there are finally Turtle Lego sets after 25 years of waiting. I had been planning on holding off until some good sales came up this summer before I picked up my favorites. But then she calls me back the next day to tell me she went out and bought all 6 for me and to come and pick them up. Hot Damn! I'm 31 and my mom hasn't bought me a Lego set since I was 12 LOL. Now I just have to find time to build them and then figure out a good way to keep them from my 4 year old without him getting too upset!
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #303
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant
 
Ryanator008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
I wish I had a generous mom... and that I was more than 10 years old.
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #304
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Nice Raph's stealth shell vehicle is really rad looking, and I love the Shredder minifigure.

Thanks to TMNTClassics for these. No new sets (yet) just some cool ads. These are from the LEGO Club magazine, which is free by the way. sign up on lego.com

Spoiler:



Finally figured out how to get this now! So happy
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #305
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanator008 View Post
I wish I had a generous mom... and that I was more than 10 years old.
Wow you are 10? Cool to have such young members here, I'm always curious what people your age think of TMNT
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #306
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Wow you are 10? Cool to have such young members here, I'm always curious what people your age think of TMNT
Lol, I'm 11 and love it here!! And to answer your question I love turtles, ever since I was little!!!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #307
C3brix
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
^Very nice custom man. Bravo!

-----

Just discovered Rockefeller Kraang (in torn android body) and Dark Leonardo. Apparently they're special edition for past event only.

The price on eBay can reach from $250 and above, each! Lego pls release them to the public soon, I can't with those money grabbing psychopaths.
I know lol! I was one of those idiots that waited in line at 6am at Rockefeller center! Got both figs
C3brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #308
Endurs03
Stone Warrior
 
Endurs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 564
My nephew is 13, and he's loving the ninja turtles.

He was into the 2k3 series, but he was only 5 or 6 when he was able to comprehend the series better. When he saw I was starting to rebuild an OT collection he jumped up and brought over all his 2k3 figures. He had a cool bo staff too.

Long story, he looks up to me, as his father and mother aren't....committed to him. He is 2nd place in their lives. As such he really loves collecting with me. He calls me the closest to a father he's ever had. He gets giddy when I tell him we're going to flea markets. He runs around and tries so hard to find stuff.

I recently made a friend in Atlanta, and his son is 3.5 years old and LOVES TMNT. His son loves it so much that he, the father, has started collecting. The father and I speak almost daily about what we found and where. It's been nice to hear that he's so involved plus I get the insight from his son.

Rambling now...tangent, ended.
Endurs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #309
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurs03 View Post
My nephew is 13, and he's loving the ninja turtles.

He was into the 2k3 series, but he was only 5 or 6 when he was able to comprehend the series better. When he saw I was starting to rebuild an OT collection he jumped up and brought over all his 2k3 figures. He had a cool bo staff too.

Long story, he looks up to me, as his father and mother aren't....committed to him. He is 2nd place in their lives. As such he really loves collecting with me. He calls me the closest to a father he's ever had. He gets giddy when I tell him we're going to flea markets. He runs around and tries so hard to find stuff.

I recently made a friend in Atlanta, and his son is 3.5 years old and LOVES TMNT. His son loves it so much that he, the father, has started collecting. The father and I speak almost daily about what we found and where. It's been nice to hear that he's so involved plus I get the insight from his son.

Rambling now...tangent, ended.
touching story hope you and the kid find some great stuff!!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #310
C3brix
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
touching story hope you and the kid find some great stuff!!
If their is anything I can help with I am glad too.
C3brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #311
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Who here owns the LEGO Shellraiser? Reviewers on amazon are not very happy with this set, citing that the vehicle does not hold together well. What are your thoughts?

Mine should arrive today but I probably won't have time to build it until the weekend.

Here is the amazon page with the reviews
I have it, it took me 2 days to finish it because it was frustrating to piece together with it not holding together so well. The front 2 wheels tend to fall off if rolled too much. I like it. But it was frustrating to work on.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #312
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I have it, it took me 2 days to finish it because it was frustrating to piece together with it not holding together so well. The front 2 wheels tend to fall off if rolled too much. I like it. But it was frustrating to work on.
I got almost all the set for Christmas ( thanks to my wife ) And it took me about 3 hrs to complete all the set and shell raiser has almost no problems. Only issue i have it when i try to pick it up from the top it falls off and the side come loose. but that Not the fault of the set that's my fault for failing to handle it correctly.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #313
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchTheHotSpot View Post
lol unfortunately thats most likely not going to happen. You'll just have to keep your eyes peeled for some going cheap on eBay. With a run of 300 for Kraang, and 500 for Leo, they will probably never go as cheap as you'd like
Oh well. Would be lucky to get the Kraang one at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3brix View Post
I know lol! I was one of those idiots that waited in line at 6am at Rockefeller center! Got both figs
Lucky you, them minifigures are really rare now!

-----------------

So I got Shellraiser, Lab Escape and Stealth Shell boxes yesterday from the mail. After completing them, I checked the clock and it's already 2am.

I spent 4 and a half hours to build 3 Lego sets? Egad! I didn't even realize how time flies so fast. A lot of time I was admiring the detail, so that could be it.


Anyway, about the Shellraiser. The body or doors didn't break off when I was handling it (and I'm known to be very rough). Only thing was that the weapon compartment always got dislodged from the door when I try placing katanas and nunchaku. Could be my harden fingers.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 01-30-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #314
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Lol, I'm 11 and love it here!! And to answer your question I love turtles, ever since I was little!!!
You are still little lol
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #315
Veedubguy83
Hench Mutant
 
Veedubguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 264
Just finished putting my Baxter set together tonight! Very cool set, love the mini figs! The "Stockman Pod" is pretty cool too!
Veedubguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 AM   #316
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubguy83 View Post
Just finished putting my Baxter set together tonight! Very cool set, love the mini figs! The "Stockman Pod" is pretty cool too!
One of the highlights of the wave for me... He's a lot of fun to build and has a lot more play features than you normally see in sets this size.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #317
C3brix
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Oh well. Would be lucky to get the Kraang one at least.

Lucky you, them minifigures are really rare now!

-----------------

So I got Shellraiser, Lab Escape and Stealth Shell boxes yesterday from the mail. After completing them, I checked the clock and it's already 2am.

I spent 4 and a half hours to build 3 Lego sets? Egad! I didn't even realize how time flies so fast. A lot of time I was admiring the detail, so that could be it.


Anyway, about the Shellraiser. The body or doors didn't break off when I was handling it (and I'm known to be very rough). Only thing was that the weapon compartment always got dislodged from the door when I try placing katanas and nunchaku. Could be my harden fingers.
I know I'm lucky! Lol! I also have a set of the rare 2012 toyfair figs of capt America and ironman! They are the most valuable figs in existence
C3brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #318
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067

The Entertainer (UK) also has the Lego sets listed as coming soon, no Baxter though.
http://www.thetoyshop.com/Lego/Lego-.../c/Lego%20TMNT
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #319
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Anyone figure out where Baxter will be available the UK or other parts of europe? Only in LEGO stores?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #320
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
^Just get it off eBay, much more effortless. I got it around the same price as Lego website luckily.


Anyway, I've built 5 sets now. Baxter's robot is bulky and HUGE, I like it. And it didn't fell apart or anything, very solid. I like that his face and April have two sides - the normal and fierce expression lol.

Shredder's bike is a badass. I love the dragon head piece at the above front wheel. And that japanese flag, so exotic. If only I know what it says lmao.

Waiting for my last set - The Turtle Lair. Can't wait for Splinter.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.