The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #301
spazzy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 136
So I buy a large lot of moc/mib vintage turtles:
12 figures
11" Krang android
Party wagon
Sewer playset
Flushomatic
retrocatapult
Pizza Thrower

I originally emailed about shipping prices, because single shipping would add up to be ridiculous. He replied back with buy at least 5 ITEMS and the first is $6.00 others will be $2.00. Now I know he meant figures, even though he knew I was interested in the other larger, but I figured if he was willing to do this why not discount the bigger pieces.

I asked for the total and told me that the action figures were that discounted price not the playsets, and said I hope you weren't thinking in that manner.

Now, I did check usps prices for 70lb priority is $77, parcel $47, I could go with fedex (if he is willing) for probably much less since I have a discount with them that is quite generous.
Now I am pretty positive that these items will not reach 70lb, probably not even half of that. He did mention he has helpers helping him to package and sort his many items he says he has, so it is understandable to pay a little extra, but triple the price? No way. I am hoping he doesn't go down this path, because it is a headache I don't want to deal with.

Since when did combining auctions become such a burden? I love getting multiple items won by buyers less packing and less boxes used also less labeling.

I haven't heard back after telling about my options.
What do you think?
spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #302
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Actually combining auctions is quite easy and painless. However there's now excuse for tripling the price of shipping. I can see adding more than the cost of shipping for supplies, etc. but tripling is insane.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #303
spazzy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 136
yeah, and I am not talking $5 or $10, I am talking an extra $100
spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #304
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Unless this guy is shipping in a gold plated box, I see no reason why shipping should be tripled. Good luck with this...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #305
spazzy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 136
ok, so this is just great.
I received the 11" krang body ( wasn't expecting him to ship this earlier than the others as I asked him to wait)
shipping was almost $13.00 less than what I paid.
Fine, whatever he said I will get a "deal" with the other boxed vehicles etc.

I open it up and the box is completely open, figure removed from the insert/wires holding him in place, the bag is questionable since it is partly opened with dirt/rat crap on tape, stickers not applied, but this is not what I asked for.
I wrote prior to bidding if it was sealed not opened (the box).
He wrote back "BOX HAS SOME WEAR FROM STORAGE NEVER BEEN OUT OF BOX FOR SEVENTEEN YEARS"
is this what he considers never been out of box for seventeen years? Maybe he meant he opened it 17 years ago and not since.

I am now worried about the other auctions I won.
spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #306
spazzy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 136
Well, he brought the other 17 items down to $70 for shipping, which is still high, but not $150, if he comes back to tell me that these are all opened but still sealed contents...man I will be pissed.

Oh but that also doesn't include the $20 I already paid for krang, so really I will have paid $90 in shipping. I am wondering if he is just throwing numbers together to get these prices.

So far he claims the others are sealed...but he also said that for Krang.

Last edited by spazzy; 04-23-2008 at 02:17 PM.
spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #307
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Man this sux! Were each of these separate ebay auctions or a big lot?
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #308
spazzy
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 136
they were all seperate. I paid the $70, but I will give him hell if it costs half of that to ship. I understand paying a little extra but really shouldn't over do it.
spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #309
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Time again to play S's "WtF is Wrong With This Auction" game!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Stan-Lee-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #310
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
Time again to play S's "WtF is Wrong With This Auction" game!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Stan-Lee-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem
I call dibs on that. Stan Lee is my favorite Turtle artist and Ralph is my favorite character! Death to any who bid against me!!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #311
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
Time again to play S's "WtF is Wrong With This Auction" game!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Stan-Lee-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem
He is on a mikey card. what do I win?
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #312
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
He is on a mikey card. what do I win?
Sorry, you fail.

There's nothing wrong with the figure, but the seller describes it as Stan Lee's TMNT (should be Jim Lee) and it's Ralph instead of Raph.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #313
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
That IS mikey on his card though...were they all mikey?
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #314
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
That IS mikey on his card though...were they all mikey?
My friend I think you need to go to the eye dr.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #315
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
My friend I think you need to go to the eye dr.
That headband looks freaking orange I tell ya! Atleast compared to the figure.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #316
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
That headband looks freaking orange I tell ya! Atleast compared to the figure.
You're focusing on the wrong part of the figure.

Raph:


Mike:


Distinctly different.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #317
RaphSpaz
New Recruit
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Cool A shirt that's signed by Peter Lared and friends on Ebay!

I didn't want to interrupt the discussion in the Ebay Almighty thread.
This shirt is both signed and made by Peter Lared apparently. And it has drawings from him and some other people he's worked with. Pretty cool!

link to Ebay
RaphSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #318
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
One would wonder if it's legit, since his last name is "Laird."

EDIT: Sorry, being a tool, but seriously it's everywhere, Laird...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #319
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
One would wonder if it's legit, since his last name is "Laird."

EDIT: Sorry, being a tool, but seriously it's everywhere, Laird...
If you mean the shirt is really signed by Laird, yeah it is. Ain't sure if I'm misunderstanding you or not, but I saw Rob Paulsen sign this same shirt at some con on youtube.
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #320
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I've got to wonder if this person signed up just to pimp this shirt on the Drome.
We've sure had allot of that as of late...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.