The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #341
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
Mike and Raph's bubbles are mixed up a ton in the first half of the issue.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #342
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Why leatherhead was used in tales # 38, vol. 2?

I mean, they show this story as the first run-in with the turtles and LH but they met before in the first volume of tales. That doesn´t make sense... don´t worry, i ´m not traumatized about this, he! I just want to share my question.

Another thing, I thought that leatherhead had the same age like the turtles, as they all were baby pets when they mutated but in tmnt # 38, vol. 2, we discovered that leatherhead is older than the turtles.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #343
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Why leatherhead was used in tales # 38, vol. 2?

I mean, they show this story as the first run-in with the turtles and LH but they met before in the first volume of tales. That doesn´t make sense... don´t worry, i ´m not traumatized about this, he! I just want to share my question.
You see, Tales of the TMNT is the kind of series that you don't read in order. It uses the other Mirage books as a reference point and then jumps all around the time line.

Some issues take place before TMNT Volume 1 #1 (like tales #38 and #55), and some take place in the future (like Tales #40 and #69), and some take place during volume 4 (like Tales #12 and #62).

Here's the whole time line in chronological order: http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2010/...-timeline.html

Quote:
Another thing, I thought that leatherhead had the same age like the turtles, as they all were baby pets when they mutated but in tmnt # 38, vol. 2, we discovered that leatherhead is older than the turtles.
They were both babies when they were mutated, but they were babies at different times.

Kinda like, I used to sh*t in my diapers and so did Tony Danza, but we sh*t our selves at different times.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #344
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You see, Tales of the TMNT is the kind of series that you don't read in order.
I know, thing is that they showed that the tmnt saw LH for the very first time in issue # 38, when they were babies. It doesn´t make sense cuz they met LH when they were teenagers.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #345
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
Oh, now I see what you're saying. Well the thing is, they didn't "formally meet" in #38. He just freaked out and never even saw the little guys, and they were young and probably didn't remember him by the time they were teenagers.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #346
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Oh, now I see what you're saying. Well the thing is, they didn't "formally meet" in #38. He just freaked out and never even saw the little guys, and they were young and probably didn't remember him by the time they were teenagers.
Okey. i also thought that maybe they didn´t remember him
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 AM   #347
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I wanna know EVERY crossover they ever had.

Heres what I can think of-

cowboys of moo mesa
archie
usagi yojimbo
cerebus
vanguard, savage dragon & other assorted image dudes
the flaming carrot
the bode family characters
*gizmo?

I'm talking comics only.

What other characters stepped into the tmnt universe?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #348
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Apart from those, CreeD is the only one I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's a few more.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #349
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I've tried to make a complete collective of altogether TMNT crossovers, as have others, but it always ends up losing interest and getting ignored.

Might wanna toss Gutwallow in that list as well.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #350
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Last of the Viking Warriors. Or something like that. I have the issues, but I don't think I've ever read them.

And don't forget the Blazing Tales Varmints, whoever they are (Turtles Soup Vol. 1 #1 treated it like a crossover, though I've never read anything else with them in it).

I suppose the location of "Munden's Bar" counts as a crossover, since it's a part of Grimjack lore and is owned by someone else (they had to remove all Munden references from the reprint of that story, too).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #351
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Last of the Viking Warriors. Or something like that. I have the issues, but I don't think I've ever read them.
"The Last of the Viking Heroes"

Courtesy of tOkKa and GoGreenMachine:
http://gogreenmachine.org/?tag=the-l...-viking-heroes
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #352
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Vol 1, issue 41 has some characters in it by Matt Howarth, believe em to be called Those Annoying Post Bros, or some such. And in the Archie comics, they met The Conservation Corps, whoever they are...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #353
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Vol 1, issue 41 has some characters in it by Matt Howarth, believe em to be called Those Annoying Post Bros, or some such. And in the Archie comics, they met The Conservation Corps, whoever they are...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Conservation-Cor...item4839cb5b67
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #354
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
how rare is a tmnt issue number 1?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #355
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
depends on the printing

...tmnt comics are only as valuable as what you are willing to pay for them
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #356
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
well i'm not looking to pay a heck of alot for first issue TMNT. but i'd really like to get one. i'm going to check out a comic book shop in Toronto and see what they have.

does anyone recommend getting comics off ebay or are there better places online?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #357
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Ebay can be a GREAT place to get Turtle comics on the cheap! I just got Vol. 1 #'s 42 ($1.30), 43 ($1), and Tales Vol. 1 #6 ($1) plus $3.99 shipping. $7.29 all total.

A few years back I really got into completing my collection and bought a short box with 150 books for about .55 cents a book IIRC. Got 32 different issues out of the mix, so I was pleased. Also got the other Tales Vol. 1 books, Fugitoid, and the Turtle Soup books for a few bucks.

The main thing is stay vigilant and scour the auctions. Some of the best deals you'll find will be from a person who no longer wants the books and doesn't think they're worth cover price, someone who has a nice stash but doesn't have a pic listed on the gallery but does in the auction page, etc.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #358
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Oh yeah, you can get the colored #1 from Mirage for about 3 bucks. May even get it given to you if you order several books at once.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #359
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I wanna know EVERY crossover they ever had.

Heres what I can think of-

cowboys of moo mesa
archie
usagi yojimbo
cerebus
vanguard, savage dragon & other assorted image dudes
the flaming carrot
the bode family characters
*gizmo?

I'm talking comics only.

What other characters stepped into the tmnt universe?
Not really a crossover...but I remember an Uncanny X-men comic where Wolverine before entering on sewers talk something like (Sorry for my try into traslate, much probably not the best traduction...) : " Dont tell me nothing about gigant mutant turtles..." a clear reference to TMNT into X-men universe.
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #360
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Oh yeah, you can get the colored #1 from Mirage for about 3 bucks. May even get it given to you if you order several books at once.
thanks Venom. i'll keep that in mind
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.