The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #341
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Yeah... I don't think this Raph could get beyond hip deep, if even that far. lol (Which at that point I'd have to ask if his sense of judgement is impaired or if he thinks manholes are magic.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #342
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Here's some new Concept Art for the TMNT Movie, of Splinter, Shredder's Torture Room, and Splinter's Work Area
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=112572

Spoiler:






__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #343
MiamiTurtles3434
Foot Soldier
 
MiamiTurtles3434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 111
it's not that bad. A little different but not bad at all
MiamiTurtles3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #344
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Shredder's torture room, huh? Shredder you really are a nutjob... Bet that prob stepped on "kid friendly" toes.

Assuming now that's also what that one Mikey Lego figure was about, when it made us think more was going to happen while they were captive. Curious if there is related rough footage.
Spoiler:

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #345
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
That concept art is amazing. I don't like the colors of Splinter's work area, but that's a minor nitpick.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #346
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954


I see the similarity to the final CG, but damn if the 2D concept wasn't better than where they ended up.

It looked so good on paper, but the end result was, ewww mixed with gahhh...

Nice concept art here though.


If I were to suggest anything, it would be these small tweaks:
The yellow was too much, and that silly ponytail...looked ridiculous.
I fixed.



I fixed.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 12-18-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #347
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I can't understand how this beast required soooooooooooo much concept art, & how it all more or less is totally awesome, yet what we got was largely panned.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:21 PM   #348
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Oh to have been a fly on the wall during some of those production meetings...
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:24 AM   #349
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Spoiler:


Why...why wasn't this the end result? I mean holy **** that's miles better then what we have now.

I feel...I feel really angry now. This such a strange emotion to be having.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:29 AM   #350
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I find those very off-putting because their body shapes are way too human-like, but I have shared your frustration with having seen some of the other designs. & personally I think the Donnie face we got is better than that one, but not the rest.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #351
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I find those very off-putting because their body shapes are way too human-like, but I have shared your frustration with having seen some of the other designs. & personally I think the Donnie face we got is better than that one, but not the rest.
I know that the body looks too human, but so does the final product and the bodies here looks, I don't know, comfortable like I can believe that they move fast and silently as ninjas which is what they are.


Every time when I look at final product, all I'm thinking, "Oh sweet christ that looks painful to be alive in."
That giant shell being, from what I assume, loosely attach to a human spine. If this suppose to be hyper-realistic then do they have any clue of what pain you would be when you're moving?

And the size of the arms are so laughable. It just...wow. It's equivalent of a barbie doll or cartoon with Hartman hips and tiny waifu waist and by that I mean you don't realize how disturbing it looks until you compare against someone that is representation of what a normal person looks like.



The head designer or whoever was in charge has no ****ing clue what a good design looks like. If this was animated then fine but seriously holy ****, now I know why I felt off from the body shapes.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 12-22-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #352
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Oh, well yeah, those are definitely more ninja-like. I just wish they had that sort of, uh, I dunno, stocky look, I guess? Not sure how I'd describe the traditional TMNT body but it's neither that, or what we got. Needs a happy medium. Lean but chunky, if that makes sense. Genuinely laughed at "Every time when I look at final product, all I'm thinking, "Oh sweet christ that looks painful to be alive in."" We agree on all of the points you've made.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 AM   #353
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
You know if it was doom from the start, then I wouldn't care but there was a level of...good in here somewhere and they just blow all away. This entire project needed restraint or basic communication between staff. All this could been avoided and the result would been...it didn't suck. That would been a gift to itself.

1) If you can't focus on the turtles then get a April that can act.

2) If you must have megan fox, then goddamn it, focus on the turtles and make the design non cringe inducing please.

Either two would made it better by a wide margin and that's the real sad truth for me at least.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:12 AM   #354
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
For sure. Between the many pieces of concept art, there's potential. A lot of them are juuuust missing the mark, but if you were to like, take this from this, that from that, put 'em together? You'd be able to salvage a whole bunch of them. Even the worst designs have their merit, but nothing is solid across the board. But like I've said in the past, given everything else in the movie feels "off", it'd be a shame if the turtles looked right & the rest sucked. At least what we got all bad. I mean seriously, imagine we got stunning Henson-esque turtles, & they're having to make boner jokes & whatnot. That'd be far more crushing, I think.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #355
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Looking at that last piece compared to what we actually got, I actually think the size/bulk really is the most off-putting thing to me about the movie Turtles. Because all other things being the same, even the dumb outfits, it still looks a million times better when they aren't Hulks.

The movie Turtles look like complete garbage. The ones in that pic aren't that bad.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #356
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
This is pretty perfect

Spoiler:


Everything except the head. Make the head more Ninja Turtle-y and thin out the lips and boom. Perfect.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #357
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
That ain't bad. A little "scaly" for my tastes but that's pretty realistic. I'm less married to the idea of "realistic Turtles" than some folks are and would settle simply for "eye-pleasing", but there's nothing wrong with that pic. That wouldn't be bad at all.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #358
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 357
Yeah, thin the lips out, especially the bottom one, make the face less apish. Make the sais a bit more of a realistic size and you've got potential for something great.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
concept art, tmnt 2014 concept art


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.