The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #3601
Seedkiller
Foot Soldier
 
Seedkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hell
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
They only have exclusive dibs for the time being. They'll be released at other stores eventually.
Good to hear. I'm getting kinda tired of all this hunting things down. Makes me feel pathetic when I come up empty handed after driving all across town.
Seedkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #3602
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedkiller View Post
If it is true that indeed Walmart will only have Bebop and Rocksteady, I guess I'll never be able to get them. I really hate when they do that type ****
Other stores will get them eventually. Walmart will get them first.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #3603
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
pics here: http://imgur.com/a/b2yui
Decided to give Playmates Comic Leo a try. Playmates tried to sculpt in the shading/ink lines, but it doesn't really give it a very "pencil drawn" appearance like Neca. They look more like scars for the most part. They also cut corners and decided wrists and holsters weren't important.

Since these are based off the original comic book turtles, everyone wears red masks and only difference between each turtle is their facial expression. Leo looks like he sucked on a lemon too long. Hand sculpts might be different too. So if you were really cheap you could just buy one and just use different weapons to pretend it's a different turtle.

Overall, it's not bad, but it I feel like it leaves a bit to be desired. Only get this if you don't care for articulation, getting a neca bootleg, super love tmnt , or you were gonna just buy and display NRFB.

Last edited by Rukitron; 10-07-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:21 AM   #3604
Seedkiller
Foot Soldier
 
Seedkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hell
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZYWORK View Post
Motuclassics posted a review of the comic book turtles is up on youtube now.

http://youtu.be/niAyosD883Y
Thanks for sharing the review, but I gotta say....it's driving me nuts about how people are giving playmates a pass on such a poor effort. They're constantly being compared to the neca version, saying stuff like "the neca version has way more articulation, making them more expensive, so it's okay that they skimped out on these".
That's such a cop out! Playmates first 2012 versions had plenty of articulation and might I add, at the same price! They really could have added different body sculpts, and better paint aps. And if they just couldn't do that, they at least could have given the damn things wrist articulation!
Yeah sure, I got some, and will get them all. But that's only because I'll repaint em and make me into what they should have been. I just don't expect everybody else to have to do the same. It's just a money rake, and it's pissing me off!!!!
Seedkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #3605
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
They could have made turtle figures similar to the ones they originally wanted to release during the 25th anniversary for variety, maybe even update the articulation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25th_turtles__scaled_600-300x172.jpg (18.6 KB, 50 views)
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:45 AM   #3606
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Gotta throw thus in here...
The shape of things to come.

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 AM   #3607
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Turflytle?
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:26 AM   #3608
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Yup. Flying into a toy shop near you, soon ( well, not too soon ).
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:48 AM   #3609
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Yup. Flying into a toy shop near you, soon ( well, not too soon ).
You seem to get a lot of things early.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:59 AM   #3610
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
Turflytle?
Buzzz buzzz
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:05 AM   #3611
madyankees
Hench Mutant
 
madyankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 329
Hmmm. Seeing the comic turtles review has convinced me that I should start saving up money n pray other toy coys pick up the slack for playmates.
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:09 AM   #3612
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
You seem to get a lot of things early.
Nah! It's Mikey in the TARDIS... He gets me stuff from time, to time.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #3613
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Can you confirm if he is just a battles hell mikey with add ons?
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #3614
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Not a battle shell.
Resulted body. Shell reworked to include a clip on pair of wings.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #3615
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Nah! It's Mikey in the TARDIS... He gets me stuff from time, to time.
I never knew he was a time lord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Not a battle shell.
Resulted body. Shell reworked to include a clip on pair of wings.
Thats good. Is the back of the wings painted or is it a sticker?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #3616
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I never knew he was a time lord.
Mikey is the last mutant turtle time lord with his companion, ice cream kitty.

Can't wait to see a full body shot of the turflytle.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #3617
Leo_Prime
Random Punk
 
Leo_Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 49
PixelDan posted a review for Robotic Foot Soldier.

__________________
Leo_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #3618
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I never knew he was a time lord.


Thats good. Is the back of the wings painted or is it a sticker?
When he went to Dimension X is he was there for months before the others showed up even though they left like 2 minutes after him!
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #3619
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Prime View Post
PixelDan posted a review for Robotic Foot Soldier.

Nice figure. I can't wait until I find him.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #3620
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Prime View Post
PixelDan posted a review for Robotic Foot Soldier.

Looks great!
I'm so glad we got a couple of really nice figures this time around and with Baxter Fly, Turflytle, Bebop, and Rocksteady coming... it's just a great time. I don't care what people say about Playmates, I really have enjoyed what they do/did from the beginning to now. I can't imagine another company with the property.
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.