The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 11:55 PM   #21
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Yeah i'll like it but then i will probabaly really miss the old one
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:15 AM   #22
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
:X

Here we go. Original, true TMNT were no pizza fanatics. This going to be based on that and they might Never eat Pizza. Also there wont be anu Krang or Rocksteadu or Bepop. And that is only a good thing. I really can't understand why you people want the old cartoon back. Most people Admit that they have out growned it, Me included.

True TMNT is not a childrens thing. I know that some compromises will be made, but the New cartoon will be closer to the true TMNT that the kiddies cartoon ever did.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 10:57 AM   #23
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nturtle
*waits for karpo to find this thread and go ballistic *
told ya so...

well I hope there will be SOME pizza eating, I mean i just can't imagine the turtles without Pizza!! Sure Mirage doesn't have any, but it has its own share of silliness time to time too. I mean the whole noton of giant turtles mutated turtles, some of the slowes animals, being ninjas and fighting aliens, crime and everything isn't so mature itself
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 11:02 AM   #24
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
Comes on Mirage Just A Little Pizza
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:10 PM   #25
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ă–stersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja
thers No Krang in the new Series and there is hardly No pizza, the Turtles arent gonna like pizza like they used to.
I know! Isn't it great!?

Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:13 PM   #26
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Enough, Enough, Enough! Oh man!!!!!!!!!! (Bangs head against wall)

THERE'S NO PIZZA, NO KRANG, NO BEBOP, NO ROCKSTEADY, NO STUPID FROGS IN HAWAII SHIRTS, ETC............ Deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem...What I meant to say was that I think it's time that everyone realize this show will NOT be anything like the last one. It's also important to note that this is a really GOOD thing. I dare anyone over the age of 16 to go over to
www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com/[/url] ,go under the tv section, and watch any of the clips of the original toon; then come back here and tell me that the show was good by: today's standards or adult intelligence! Unless you enjoy completely mindless camp (which you are allowed to by the way) then you will not see the old show in the same light you once did.

If this new show turns out the way Laird is hyping it up, believe me that no one will be disatisfied. If you want the true TMNT (I say true because this is how the creators wanted them, and because it was the first) then read the Mirage comics. You'll be laughing at yourself for wanting a bunch of pizza eating, non-fighting, '80's surfer talking turtles.

Sorry I get so worked up but I just don't understand this at all. I think nostalgia is blocking many of your reasoning capacities. (Goes to fridge gets a Bud sits back and calms down).
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:19 PM   #27
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Rocksteady, Bebop and Krang were cool. I know a 26 yr old, a 21 yr old and 20 yr old that thinks so. Maybe the characters were a bit cartoonish, and stupid, but the concept for the characters were cool.

A kickass tough, but slightly dumb Bebop & Rocksteady would be awesome in the new show.

And you can bet your ass, that in at least 3 or 4 of these new episodes, the Turtles will eat pizza. Will it be their only food, and a major plot source like the old show? No. But they will eat pizza.

As for anyone who thinks the old TNMT show was crap, too kiddie and so on.....Does the phrase go suck a lemon, mean anything to you?


I MADE A FUNNY!
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:24 PM   #28
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
If there is pizza eating then I'm sure it will be in a tounge in cheek tone, like it was in the CGI trailer.

Newton, I really don't mind if you like the show or not, but it IS kiddie and it IS camp. You really can't argue that it's not. Just watch any episode for a few minutes.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:32 PM   #29
Tokka-B
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lost Sewer
Posts: 1,829
I agree somewhat on both sides of this... The new show NEEDS to be different or it will get no where....as pop culture changes, so do most things. I believe it is a natural inclination to like what you first see because that is what brought you up, but you have to realize that time changes, people change, and a new generation needs to see it a different way since it is a different time... Otherwise we'd all still be watching the old black and white Mickey Mouse cartoons. I know this is hard to understand (took me a while myself I do admit) but you need to get used to it, if you watch the old tmnt now, it is really hard to enjoy it as much as you did when you were a kid or whenever you watched it...

BUT THAT GIVES NO RIGHT TO SAY THAT THE OLD TMNT SUCKS!!! It means nothing when you say it is crap now when it was airing a decade ago...otherwise every single thing would be crap, except of course there are some movies that are just timeless classics that never grow old.

That's my $20...
Tokka-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:32 PM   #30
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ă–stersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nturtle
Sure Mirage doesn't have any, but it has its own share of silliness time to time too.


Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:34 PM   #31
Deepflame
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Deep below the mountains...
Posts: 254
My my
__________________
NoOo! The killer scarfs attack!
Deepflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:40 PM   #32
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Whoa hold on, time out, that was by one of the guest artists at Mirage. The Mirage continuity is really only the stuff by Eastman, Laird, Lawson, Berger, Farley, and Veitch (although Zulli's stuff was cool it's not continuity). Some of the work by the guest artists at Mirage was quite bad too.

I never said "THE OLD TMNT CARTOON SUCKS", I just said that it's camp, childish, and not good by today's standards or adult (or late adolescence) standards. My main beef is that people still seem to want those elements in the new cartoon. As you (sorry forgot who) stated (loosely) "times change, so should we". Apparently some people don't want any change.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:40 PM   #33
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
I Can't Believe Rat King would say that. I bet Ten Years Ago He was loving every inute of the old show.
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:42 PM   #34
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Gecko
I Can't Believe Rat King would say that. I bet Ten Years Ago He was loving every inute of the old show.
Did I ever say that I didn't? Looking back now I just can't believe how bad (my opinion) it was! Well I've said my piece on this topic, read my posts thoroughly before responding.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:48 PM   #35
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
If you insult someoen because he says "Old cartoon sucks" it tell something about your maturity.

The truth is, the ones who are near twenties or over have not watched the show in a long time. Atleast not many episodes. I have watched almost whole series in recent months, I can judge it. Well I must say that the show was good for kids. I liked it very much as a kid too. But it is not made for older audience.

The new show, is trying to be like Batman TAS. Both older and younger people can enjoy it. Some compromises will be made of course.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:48 PM   #36
Mondo_Gecko
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 670
I think maybe the main reason is everyone dosen't want change is that i think most people watched the old show and not the mirage comic and thats how it got more popular an d famous then before. So most think of the old cartoon as the Original TMNT and are shocked to hear how diffrent they really were. I remember how shocked was when i heard about Mirage
Mondo_Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:50 PM   #37
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
[quote="Karpo_007"]If you insult someoen because he says "Old cartoon sucks" it tell something about your maturity.

I NEVER SAID THAT!!!! Read all of my posts. In fact I clearly state that I didn't say that in my 2nd or 3rd post. Please read carefully before responding. Thank you.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:51 PM   #38
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Gecko
I think maybe the main reason is everyone dosen't want change is that i think most people watched the old show and not the mirage comic and thats how it got more popular an d famous then before. So most think of the old cartoon as the Original TMNT and are shocked to hear how diffrent they really were. I remember how shocked was when i heard about Mirage
True, I was quite shocked too.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:51 PM   #39
Tokka-B
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lost Sewer
Posts: 1,829
Of course he was or else he wouldn't be a TMNT fan...It's just that no one still enjoys the old show in a new time...It is just a fact, I personally like the show just the same, but that is me and I want the new one to be new. I want it to be a success being new because we know Mirage is getting somewhere...

And of course it is not up to todays standards, today is not 1992, it is 2002, duh! It is really stupid to say that it is childish now when you enjoyed the show when you were a kid. Unless of course you never liked the show at all! And I agree, but it is just very hard to change when you have come this far...I am sure many people agree, seeing that many people still want Krang, Be-bop and Rocksteady, not to mention pizza.
Tokka-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:53 PM   #40
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
[quote="Rat King"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
If you insult someoen because he says "Old cartoon sucks" it tell something about your maturity.

I NEVER SAID THAT!!!! Read all of my posts. In fact I clearly state that I didn't say that in my 2nd or 3rd post. Please read carefully before responding. Thank you.
I didnt respond to your post, but Newtons.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.