The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #21
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I had to post I don't care how must everyone ignores me even if I know what I'm talking about. I predicted everything today like I own the scrip to the show or something hmm...any way I hope people will stop being so rude to me and dismiss everything I say as over analyzing because seriously I'm usually right about this show...oh well all I can hope for is the best I guess and not get to stressed over this mess we call home. It was pretty obvious though that it was the mystics tricking bishop from what we had been shown in part 1. I guess Bishops not as smart as he thinks now since he seems to be a bit dumb founded after all of this it actually made me chuckle...I really do like Baxter being with him BTW.
I really liked part 2 it had everything I think.
I actually felt really bad for Karai I think she's seriously in for it now! And I bet she's gonna be ultra ticked off at the guys! Either that or this is what will bring her to her knees it already has so to speak.
Do you guys think the Mystics will destroy Karai?
Do you think she will come to terms with everything and help the guys out?
So Don seems cured now that's good I hope it lasts. What do you guys think?
Wow Baxter and Leatherhead working together again I don't know why but I like them together for some reason almost as much as I like the team of Baxter & Bishop.
I did find it odd though that Baxter helped them right after Leatherhead nearly killed him. Did anyone else find this odd?
I also loved Bishops remark about Leatherhead being smarter than Baxter haha that was great!
OK and was anyone else totally creeped out by the splitting of the Minitonka Mutant? That was some crazy animation!
The Changing of the Mystics was so awesome I had no idea they looked differently then we've seen them in the past I love that they are being included more!
I also really loved Casey smashing it up today and Aprils help in the tech department!
Anyone elses jaw drop at all the Foot Mystic stuff going on The real Shredder what does he look like I wonder!!!!
Well, next week is the season finally here comes fast forwards entrance!
Excited? I sure am!
-Putrescent
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #22
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Oh and when Casey bashed the computer it seems that the power went out in at least most of the city...WTF?
you know that got me as well!!! It makes me wonder if the foot are in controll of some things in the city...I mean we've never seen that side of them all that much really.
We saw Saki dealing with the city before but we really never knew how the buisness was being run. We did see some Gas stations in the past with the foot logo on them though which I always thought was strange
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #23
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Quote:
Yeah, Donny's change back was a little anticlimactic; I agree... but how to make it not and still keep it within the episode?

Maybe have him emerge half-cured (*growl* "Yikes!") but pass out in Leatherhead's arms (like he did). Leatherhead looks him over and says he's still in the process of changing. The guys + Leatherhead and Splinter haul trash to the copter before the base explodes. In the copter, they could have Don draped over a couple seats, a little more "normal" than we last saw him. One of the guys brings him a blanket. Don shudders and changes the rest of the way back, then opens his eyes and weakly greets his brothers.

At least then it's not like "Golly gee, what happened, guys? Hope it wasn't too much trouble!"
Very good scenario. I do like that. Oh well. It wasn't bad the way it was, I just like a little more feeling put into it. Seems like they used to, and they've been backing off lately. Maybe it's just me. *shrug*

Quote:
You and me both. I'm still wishing Leo would give Karai the Ancient One's card. So to speak. "Take two of these and call me in the morning. Oh, and bring some chocolate."
LOL! I know... if he'd even be willing to help her. But there's gotta be somebody out there that'll shake her out of it! (Again, what about Volume 4? They're allies, if a little uneasy. Is it ever going to get to that point on this show?)

You have some very insightful comments about Karai's approach vs Ch'rell's. It's still all about honor for her, but her madness is causing it to be twisted into something horrible.

Quote:
At least we haven't seen any of her hired help being punished like Stockman was (on that note, it would be nice to see Chaplan, if he's even working for the Foot; it'd be such a waste to not use his character again).
No, I can't see Karai maiming one of her own. Shouting, a verbal berating, demotion, maybe, but not torture (at least I don't think so...). And I would like to see Dr. Chaplain again... he's a fun character. Thinks he's in a video game.

Quote:
An interesting one to say the very least. It's either Cyclops/Jean Grey level stuff, or Vader/Obi-Wan style presence feeling.

"I sense something...a presence I haven't felt since..."
LOL, well of course I thought of that one. I'm hoping it'll turn out to be a little more positive than that. :p

Quote:
GAH!!!! I can't believe no one brought this up upon readin these discussions! When I heard the Mystics say they were going to resurrect the REAL Shredder, I got all giddy because this means the WORMS OF MADDNESS episode is on its way!
But... I figured that came out in "Bad Day", interpreted very loosely. But maybe you're right..

Quote:
I feel a bit used. I never thought that they would end the season so quickly after they took that LONG break in between eps.
Yeah, but the weird thing is, this season has the same amount of eps as all the others. It just seemed to fly by, though!

EDIT: more stuff...

Quote:
I guess Bishops not as smart as he thinks now since he seems to be a bit dumb founded after all of this it actually made me chuckle...
*nods* That did kind of strike me. He always seems to be ahead of the situation, even when it doesn't go as he planned. But this seemed to just stop him in his tracks. 'Bout time something did. :p

Quote:
I really do like Baxter being with him BTW.
They're a good team. And there's something to be said for Bishop's patience, putting up with a grouchy, "hang everything, I don't care" Stockman.

Quote:
I actually felt really bad for Karai I think she's seriously in for it now! And I bet she's gonna be ultra ticked off at the guys!
She already was...

Quote:
Either that or this is what will bring her to her knees it already has so to speak.
As long as it makes her realize she's being an idiot, and just let the past rest. And ask forgiveness for completely obliterating their home!

Quote:
I did find it odd though that Baxter helped them right after Leatherhead nearly killed him. Did anyone else find this odd?
I'm kind of thinking that Baxter is afraid of Bishop now. I think it really gave him a bad scare to be brought back from the dead (or whatever actually happened). If Bishop wants him to work on Don's condition, I think he would, just for fear that some other screwball thing would be done to him if he didn't.
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie

Last edited by Aska_Badoura; 04-08-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #24
TheGreenMagic
Foot Soldier
 
TheGreenMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShowstoppa
as a side note: Lastson - I really like the eye shots for your sig! Kudos to you!!!
Why thank you. I figured it was time for a change... and to have a sig a little more elaborate then just a quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
yWe did see some Gas stations in the past with the foot logo on them though which I always thought was strange
That's just Karai thinking outside of the box. Oroku Saki never dreamed of making the Foot Clan the next big thing in marketing. Foot gas stations, Foot supermarkets, Foot fast food joints. And then Karai can take it to the next level. Foot Clan-the T-shirt, Foot Clan-the Coloring Book, Foot Clan-the Lunch box, Foot Clan-the Breakfast Cereal, Foot Clan-the Flame Thrower. Saki would be so proud.
__________________
TheGreenMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #25
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSonof84
That's just Karai thinking outside of the box. Oroku Saki never dreamed of making the Foot Clan the next big thing in marketing. Foot gas stations, Foot supermarkets, Foot fast food joints. And then Karai can take it to the next level. Foot Clan-the T-shirt, Foot Clan-the Coloring Book, Foot Clan-the Lunch box, Foot Clan-the Breakfast Cereal, Foot Clan-the Flame Thrower. Saki would be so proud.
hahahaha I'd buy it all sadly enough
but just so ya know the foot gas station was shown when utrom shredder was still around
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #26
Torrant2
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 69
I love this cartoon. I kinda thought that the robed guys cloak face looked like the foot symbol. Anybody agree? Maybe we'll find out more about the shredder statue in the battle nexus, that has always been a loose end. All in all good ep.
Torrant2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #27
TheGreenMagic
Foot Soldier
 
TheGreenMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
but just so ya know the foot gas station was shown when utrom shredder was still around
Oh. Shoot. Well, learn something new everyday. Always a positive. I guess Saki either being responsible for (or taking advantage of) rising gas prices isn't out of character for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
LOL! I know... if he'd even be willing to help her. But there's gotta be somebody out there that'll shake her out of it! (Again, what about Volume 4? They're allies, if a little uneasy. Is it ever going to get to that point on this show?)
I hope so. Granted, at every pivotal episode I think that status quo will take over. Thought it would happen with City at War. Then Shredder returned at the end. Thought it would happen with Rogue in the House. Then she rescued Shredder. Thought it would happen with Exodus. Ends with her not to happy with the Turtles. Then with Prodigal Son, but that didn't seem to last (or even begin). Though I got a feeling that it may finally come to pass with this season's big finish. Granted if it does, Fast Forward will put seeing the uneasy alliance on hold for a while.

Granted, considering how the Battle Nexus had ended up in Volume 4, showing the cartoon's influence (as well as the preview for the next issue of Tales of the TMNT) I have to wonder if Peter Laird is planning on putting Karai at odds with the Turtles to match up with the show instead of having Karai become allies with them to match up with the comic. Only time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
No, I can't see Karai maiming one of her own. Shouting, a verbal berating, demotion, maybe, but not torture (at least I don't think so...). And I would like to see Dr. Chaplain again... he's a fun character. Thinks he's in a video game.
He certainly had his perks. His reaction to Saki being an alien was priceless. Certainly took it better than Hun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
As long as it makes her realize she's being an idiot, and just let the past rest. And ask forgiveness for completely obliterating their home!
Yeah, that was way extreme. Though I'm in sure she could gain Leo's forgiveness if she tried. Splinter too. Mikey and Don... I can't recall their opinions on Karai ever being voiced, but I figure both are levelhead enough to a least try and be allies, if leary about it.

Now Karai trying to get Raph and Clunk's forgiveness... That could take a while.

I do have to admit, though... I am looking forward to seeing what this new Shredder is all about. I won't lie, I didn't to much of Oroku Saki once we learned he was an Utrom. Though it wasn't too bad, I got over it quick enough. Rogue in the House proved that he could still be a good villain even if I didn't entirely like the change. Karai's been good as a human Shredder, but I also admit I never saw it lasting too long. And it would be nice to see her return to her old costume. The armor doesn't really seem to suit her, IMO.

But this new Shredder... so many possibilities. Could be a human, could be a demon... It should prove interesting. Though it'll probably mean the show's opening theme song will be changed again.
__________________

Last edited by TheGreenMagic; 04-08-2006 at 04:18 PM.
TheGreenMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #28
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I should have not read the forums this morning before I watched the episode. It spoiled the surprises that happened in the episode. It was a good episode no doubt. So, next week is the last episode before Fast Forward, which is in the Fall.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #29
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Good Genes 2 was definatley not disappointing. Finally, Leatherhead goes through 3 whole episodes without "supposedly" dying. Plus, he saved Don.

The action was superb, and backed up by great animation, And when Raph busted in with that Foot Mech, that was pricless. And the way Bishop got duped was even better.

And the Foot Mysics have become just so damn cool. I love their real forms and I can't wait to see their next move. All I can say is, where are theyr'e action figures?

10/10, that's right, I consider it one of the best.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #30
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSonof84
Foot gas stations, Foot supermarkets, Foot fast food joints. And then Karai can take it to the next level. Foot Clan-the T-shirt, Foot Clan-the Coloring Book, Foot Clan-the Lunch box, Foot Clan-the Breakfast Cereal, Foot Clan-the Flame Thrower. Saki would be so proud.
Leo (or April) to Karai: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #31
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
I don't feel this episode was rushed at all. Hell, I felt like they perfectly balanced everything in this episode. For one thing, do we REALLY NEED ANOTHER EPISODE OF THEM BREAKING INTO FOOT HEADQUARTERS!?!? It was short but sweet. People got beaten up, things blew up real good, and THE REAL SHREDDER!!!

I just love love LOVED the plot twist where Bishop actually keeps his word and makes good on his promise only to be the one who gets double-crossed.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #32
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
This was in the thread for last week's ep:
Quote:
I noticed that during the fighting scene when Karai demanded Leo to face her after retrieving the pendant, Leo was up to the challenge. I think he still feels a bitter resentment towards Karai. I thought he had gotten over it, but I think the scar is still there and it's not gonna go away.
I think mostly because she's still out of it. If she regains her senses, I think he'd more readily forgive her. But she's not showing any remorse at this point.

Quote:
I hope so. Granted, at every pivotal episode I think that status quo will take over. Thought it would happen with City at War. Then Shredder returned at the end. Thought it would happen with Rogue in the House. Then she rescued Shredder. Thought it would happen with Exodus.
I still can't believe what they pulled with "Exodus". I was pretty sure she was going to help the guys, and that would be the turning point. And Karai was in the process of changing her mind and deciding the Shredder is rotten, but the whole scenario was completely interrupted (truncated, I wanna say) before she ever had the chance to think it through rationally, and it was all ruined. Boo.

Quote:
Then with Prodigal Son, but that didn't seem to last (or even begin). Though I got a feeling that it may finally come to pass with this season's big finish. Granted if it does, Fast Forward will put seeing the uneasy alliance on hold for a while.
I keep hoping, and it hasn't happened... I'm starting to give up on her. Maybe the writers have that in mind, and I'm supposed to, and they're gonna make it this big surprise. It would be a good way to end the season on a positive note. I hope that's what happens.. *nods emphatically* Even though it wouldn't be continued next season, I'd be happy it happened, anyway.

Quote:
Granted, considering how the Battle Nexus had ended up in Volume 4, showing the cartoon's influence (as well as the preview for the next issue of Tales of the TMNT) I have to wonder if Peter Laird is planning on putting Karai at odds with the Turtles to match up with the show instead of having Karai become allies with them to match up with the comic. Only time will tell...
Yeah, I thought of that, too.. it's definitely been making me nervous. And...that holographic battle with six Turtles was very disturbing! But they did imply that she may be under mind control and all that... but anyway, I know, I hope the show will match the comic, not vice-versa.

Quote:
Foot gas stations, Foot supermarkets, Foot fast food joints. And then Karai can take it to the next level. Foot Clan-the T-shirt, Foot Clan-the Coloring Book, Foot Clan-the Lunch box, Foot Clan-the Breakfast Cereal, Foot Clan-the Flame Thrower. Saki would be so proud.
Quote:
Leo (or April) to Karai: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate!
*blinks* What?

Quote:
I just love love LOVED the plot twist where Bishop actually keeps his word and makes good on his promise only to be the one who gets double-crossed.
*nods* Once I got over the momentary shock of him announcing the base was going to blow, I was chuckling... he was actually rather civil. He gave them plenty of time to get out (good thing Don changed back quickly, though... but he probably timed the recovery of the other man, so knew it wouldn't take that long). "Pleasure doing business with you." I should have known he would do something like that... casual knowledge of where Area 51 is would be kinda compromising.

And when the Mystic repeated, "A pleasure doing business with you" when the Heart of Tengu was destroyed, I laughed. Bishop really did kind of walk into that one.

*grumbles* However, before the cure was discovered, Bishop was going to kill Don for messing the place up. Once that was taken care of, he could care less about the place. Nice.
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #33
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
I did like how that was turned on Bishop. Especially because it got a rare visible reaction from him.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #34
Alouicious
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
A few things I want to bring up...

1. Why is seeing Don without his kneepads, elbow pads, bandana, and belt such a red-letter event? The Turtles are roaming around in their birthday suits 24/7/365 as it is! You call their outfits "clothes"?! People, they've been indecently exposing themselves since the show started!

2. What's with the sudden appearance of pupils in Don's eyes? What magical, pupil-eradicating effects do those bandanas of theirs have, anyway?

3. Perhaps I missed earlier debates on this subject, but just why is it that Karai has no reason to want the Turtles dead? Their actions in "Exodus" led directly to Shredder winding up on a prison asteroid. Had they let Shredder escape, the time-freezing Utroms could have dealt with the lunatic in about five seconds flat. I'm sorry, but if landing a father figure in prison for eternity isn't justification for a vendetta against those responsible, the Turtles have no right to be pissed at Karai for nuking the old lair.

As for this episode...meh. The cheese in this plot was rather thick, especially when we learned Don was dying...despite the fact that the Minnetonka Mutant character was alive many, many weeks after being infected and mutated. Nice plot hole there, methinks.

Raph's efforts at a distraction in the hangar bay proved pretty useless, didn't they?

Leatherhead's anti-Bishop dialogue was painfully dumb. He really needs to learn how to sling the insults better.

The new/actual forms of the Mystics are very, very cool, and I'm interested to see what they mean about the "real Shredder". Though I got the impression from what we saw that each of them can become the Shredder--didn't anyone else notice how there were multiple Shredders, and how their armor was colored similarly to that of the Mystics?

Out of curiosity, did anyone else wind up thinking, "Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Metal!" after that preview was over?

~Alouicious
Alouicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #35
Gary
Hench Mutant
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 375
Didn't Leatherhead imply that Don was a special case because he was already a mutant? The accelerant made it worse, like he'd evolve to death.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #36
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist
 
rayfillet101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,454
what was up with that preview? new characters? thats just what we need when the shows going 50 years to the future oh well, we have the lost season to look forward to.
__________________

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #37
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
What's with all this talk of next weeks episode being the last before Fast Forward? Don't we still have Insane in the Membrane to look forward to? Okay, technically it is the last, but you know...

Though with this season coming to an end I really do hope that Bishop sticks around as a character in some way. He's like the best kind of evil there is. Especially when he makes that remark to Leatherhead, you can tell he wasn't the slightest bit perturbed that he nearly killed him. That side of him is fine but I'd also like to see the better side of him more often. You have to admit that his intent to clean up the city was pretty noble, well it would have been had it not been his fault . My point is that I could see his character doing the same thing even if it wasn't his fault.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #38
Gary
Hench Mutant
 
Gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther
What's with all this talk of next weeks episode being the last before Fast Forward? Don't we still have Insane in the Membrane to look forward to? Okay, technically it is the last, but you know...
Next week's episdoe is the season finale. When are they going to squeeze 'Insane in the Membrane' in there?
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #39
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouicious
1. Why is seeing Don without his kneepads, elbow pads, bandana, and belt such a red-letter event? The Turtles are roaming around in their birthday suits 24/7/365 as it is! You call their outfits "clothes"?! People, they've been indecently exposing themselves since the show started!

2. What's with the sudden appearance of pupils in Don's eyes? What magical, pupil-eradicating effects do those bandanas of theirs have, anyway?
1) I'm not a squealing fangirl (ex: OMG Donny's naked! lol <3) but I do like to see their actual eyes once in a while. Has nothing to do with the belts/pads. But that leads me into...

2) Obviously it's the same special material as Batman's (and half the world's comic heroes') masks.

And I agree... sometimes the dialogue will get a bit cheesy. But I wonder how hard that is to escape, given the subject. I tend to ignore it anyway and look at character interactions (aka, not what they say, but what they mean), so...
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #40
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja

6) So the Turtles DO have 6 plastron sections! Thanks, Don! *tosses him a towel* SO much better than just 4.
You just realised they have 6? They showed them butt nekid in the past and they have 6. They'd look SILLY with 4...

IMHO...should be all 10....hehe

and tails...so where'd Donnie's tail go when he got fixed?!???!??! (yep i worded it like that on purpose)

Ain't he cute with no mask or other ninja junk?
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.