The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #21
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
How can anyone NOT be stoked about the C.O.W.-Boys?
allot of people hate thingds related to the 80's and or 90's and anything that can be related to childred or making the tmnt comics look childish.
Me I could really care less either way tmnt is tmnt to me.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #22
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Just read the issue...

Spoiler:
Quite good. I think it might've been a little better without the COWboys, though. I've got nothing against them, honest, they just felt a little shoe-horned in, that's all, and really didn't do all that much accept get brainwashed and fight the Turtles.

Seeing Romero again was great. I'm glad they defeated him in a way that didn't leave in loose ends. I mean, last time in Vol. 1 he got shipped off to prehistory again, leaving his fate wide open. He seems pretty well taken care of this time, though. But I'm sure he'll be back. I wonder what was up with the COWboy Utrom at the end, though. DOes this mean the Utroms can travel dimensions or is he simply from a race of Utroms from that alternate universe?


A good issue, though.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #23
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I just watched almost every episode of Cowboys of Moo Mesa on YouTube, now I remeber why I like these dudes so much, I can't wait to read this issue.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 PM   #24
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Got this issue today and man was it awesome! The part about the all seeing eye was a bit confusing but hey....in the end Splinter, Cow-utrom (who was he anyways? ), and the ancient turtle (who has 4 fingers! ) saved the day a bit. Raph was a bit rude about his talk about cow meat.

It was cool to see Savanti again altho it wasn't explained how he got to the demension. So Savanti wanted to rule the multi-verse??? Superboy Prime he aint....
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 AM   #25
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Got this issue today and man was it awesome! The part about the all seeing eye was a bit confusing but hey....in the end Splinter, Cow-utrom (who was he anyways? ), and the ancient turtle (who has 4 fingers! ) saved the day a bit.

Think you got a little mixed-up on part of the story. The Cow-Utrom was only at the end. It was another Moo Mesa resident who was helping out.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 AM   #26
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Yep, I enjoyed the issue! I thought it was great seeing the three mystic type old dudes sharing a cuppa at the end whilst our boys and the cowboys have a pint Only one thing - we had an old rat mystic, old turtle mystic (an original character or from COWboys I ask thee? he was pretty cool anyhoo!) and old cow mystic and I couldn't help but wonder where the old multi-armed ape mystic Pai-Doth Noor was Now that woulda been a knees-up!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #27
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
but wonder where the old multi-armed ape mystic Pai-Doth Noor was Now that woulda been a knees-up!
Read Tales of the TMNT 13 and 14. A 2 parter in which he gets 4 Leo's from 4 different points in history (one of which is over 100 years old) to help him try to get his old kingdom back.

Spoiler:
After Chibi Leo, Teen Leo, 45 year old Leo, and 100+ year old Leo help him get his kingdom back he's defeated by Egyptians.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #28
tilallr1
Foot Soldier
 
tilallr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Great White North
Posts: 119
You know what really sucks. My local comic shop still has not gotten in this issue. What the shell dudes. It was ordered but apparently it takes along time to arrive? At this rate I might get it before #33 is suppose to arrive. Sorry about that, venting over.
__________________
TIL ALL ARE ONE
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #29
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
My shop hasn't gotten this one either. That I know of, at least. I'll go visit this weekend to check. I did, however, finally find the exclusive variant cover on eBay - whew!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #30
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
My shop hasn't gotten this one either. That I know of, at least. I'll go visit this weekend to check. I did, however, finally find the exclusive variant cover on eBay - whew!
Did you pay that ridiculous price the guy was asking for it! I saw 2 on ebay even though I was tempted I said noooo way.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #31
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Did you pay that ridiculous price the guy was asking for it! I saw 2 on ebay even though I was tempted I said noooo way.
Yes, $20, but I was completely willing. And short of actually living in the town where that art center is, it would have cost at least $20 to attend the event and buy the comic. Since this variant had me more paranoid about finding it than most (I can't imagine they printed that many of them and they were only available at a very low-key event), I had no problems with spending $20.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #32
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Yes, $20, but I was completely willing. And short of actually living in the town where that art center is, it would have cost at least $20 to attend the event and buy the comic. Since this variant had me more paranoid about finding it than most (I can't imagine they printed that many of them and they were only available at a very low-key event), I had no problems with spending $20.
I did souly because I'm going to the pittsburgh comicon.
Allot of times peoples shipping costs on the comics on ebay keep me from buying them.
It does not cost more than $3.00 to ship one comic book.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #33
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Lucky buggers! I've yet to find a seller with the variant that will ship to Australia!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #34
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Lucky buggers! I've yet to find a seller with the variant that will ship to Australia!
Hey, you could just have them ship to me. And if you really want to save on shipping I could just give it to you at comic-con.

But it's a serious offer, just give me a PM.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #35
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Hey Rose! I might just take you up on either of those offers. I'm a bit of a completist when it comes to my comic books, especially TMNT, so I'll have to do some scouring and see if another variant pops up. If you happen to see one in the meantime let me know! I know the print run on these was TINY!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #36
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Hey Rose! I might just take you up on either of those offers. I'm a bit of a completist when it comes to my comic books, especially TMNT, so I'll have to do some scouring and see if another variant pops up. If you happen to see one in the meantime let me know! I know the print run on these was TINY!
I think the guy I bought from has more copies... I'll send him an email.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #37
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Thanks Rose! Much appreciated!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #38
tilallr1
Foot Soldier
 
tilallr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Great White North
Posts: 119
What does the variant cover look like?
__________________
TIL ALL ARE ONE
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:50 AM   #39
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113


Ok, I emailed the guy I won the comic from through eBay, but the response came from a different eBay account. A suspiciously familiar eBay account that I have purchased from recently. Not a bad thing, I just find it amusing.

Anywho, he does have more, so I'm going to confirm his secret identity and then I'll hook you up with him, Tristan.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #40
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Got my variant copy today, and since my comic shop hasn't gotten the regular one yet ( ), this was my first read of it.

And I quite enjoyed it. Dario's art is fantabulous, I like the astral plane stuff, and Savanti! Way cool. Of course, you've also got the Moo Mesa boys. Raph's constant talk about all the different possible beef meals was quite amusing.

Splinter whacking Leo! Priceless.

Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tales of the tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.