The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #21
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
makes one wonder if the mirage clan doesn't like A.C. Farley.
First Laird ejects every contribution Rick Veitch made to the series, and now Farley?

Anyway, I hope Farley's stuff remains canon. He's possibly my favorite TMNT artist. His work had such a hard, dark edge to it. I'd hate to see it thrown out the window just because it wasn't "in house" (I always thought Farley was a part of that cliq, anyway?).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #22
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I remember when Peter listed a tentative canon list in vol. 4 that #43 (Halls of Lost Legends) was not included. Seeing that it's one of my all-time favorite TMNT issues, and especially because there's absolutely nothing in the issue that should take it out of canon, this does not make me happy. I really hope the list changes and #43 is included. Everything Farley has done should be canon.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:21 AM   #23
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
well I've read comments from Murphy I believe it was on here on in tales of tmnt saying it's better now that certain people aren't around anymore.
I'm not sure who exactly was being spoken of but people as usual can only speculate when such things are said.
& I as well am deeply unhappy with this news besides Kevin, Peter, & Dooney
A.C. Farley was one of my all time favorite artists he's one of the reasons I got into drawing as a teenager his style is so fresh and wonderfull to the eyes I've never seen the man do a bad drawing let alone painting.
It's such a down right shame that he's fallen off the face of the altered earth.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #24
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Well, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Some, if not all, of Farley's stuff could still be canon. I remember reading in the letters pages of V4 that Laird was working on a timeline for the turtles which obviously should include everything that is taken as canon. If that ever sees the light of day, then we'll know exactly what is canon and what is not. I do remember him saying that some of the Turtle Soup and other small stories outside of TMNT and Tales are considered canon, but he has never said which ones. So I'm sure stories such as the one where Chet meets the turtles is considered canon.

Anyway, we're getting off topic, folks...
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #25
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
He's along for the ride.
That wouldn't surprise me. Raph's always looking for a fight or so it seems.

Quote:
So I'm sure stories such as the one where Chet meets the turtles is considered canon.
I had always heard about that story. Where is it located?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #26
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
Please, PLEASE, tell me that "The River" is NOT cannon with the rest of the Mirage universe.

I HATED that arc so much, it was horrible. The TMNT (mainly Raph) felt really out-of-character to me, the artwork was horrid, and the plot was really bad too.
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #27
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi-chan View Post
Please, PLEASE, tell me that "The River" is NOT cannon with the rest of the Mirage universe.

I HATED that arc so much, it was horrible. The TMNT (mainly Raph) felt really out-of-character to me, the artwork was horrid, and the plot was really bad too.

how was raph OOC in the River arc?
I thought it was a great story.
Being that it was also adapted for animation, I would consider it canon.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #28
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I had always heard about that story. Where is it located?
Turtle Soup (on-going) #4. The story is titled "15 Years Later".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi-chan View Post
Please, PLEASE, tell me that "The River" is NOT cannon with the rest of the Mirage universe.

I HATED that arc so much, it was horrible. The TMNT (mainly Raph) felt really out-of-character to me, the artwork was horrid, and the plot was really bad too.
Well, Laird hasn't shown very much pride in Veitch's contributions to the TMNT Universe lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up axing it. As it stands, "the River" is referenced in "Sons of the Silent Age", which is most definately a canon story. So at the moment, it should be considered canon (the page, though, can be removed easily without effecting the story).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
how was raph OOC in the River arc?
I thought it was a great story.
Being that it was also adapted for animation, I would consider it canon.
I loved "the River" as well. Howevr, it has not been adapted into a 2k3 episode. Perhaps you have it confused with "Sons of the Silent Age".
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #29
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
Very interesting. If TMNT 29 isn't canon, then it's probably safe to assume that this is, in fact, the story Raph was referring to in that quote. Of course, if Raph never fights these vampire girls, then they can't be the ones he's talking about since he said he fought real vampires before. I guess we'll find out soon (or not soon) enough.

EDIT: On a side note, do you think the only things that Laird considers canon are the issues written at least in part by Eastman, Laird, Lawson, Talbot, or Dooney? (plus everything in Tales V2, of course)
I'm thinking, however, if Laird randomly said that #29 was not canon, that would be a deus ex machina. "The old vampire story didn't happen... only our new one does!" (Ten years later) "Neither vampire story existed! Here's a new one that did though!"
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #30
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
I'm thinking, however, if Laird randomly said that #29 was not canon, that would be a deus ex machina. "The old vampire story didn't happen... only our new one does!" (Ten years later) "Neither vampire story existed! Here's a new one that did though!"
Well, I would probably call that a retcon rather than a deus ex machina, but I can see your point. The thing is, though, half of Volume 1 was written with no direction in mind and presumably without Peter's or Kevin's guiding hand since they were busy with the cartoon, movies, and merchandise. That's not the case with Volumes 2 & 4 and Tales Volumes 1 & 2, so I doubt he would do what you're suggesting.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #31
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Well, Laird hasn't shown very much pride in Veitch's contributions to the TMNT Universe lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up axing it. As it stands, "the River" is referenced in "Sons of the Silent Age", which is most definately a canon story. So at the moment, it should be considered canon (the page, though, can be removed easily without effecting the story).
I love "Sons of the Silent Age", and was a bit irked to see "the River" referenced there...why was that in there again?

Anyway, I look over it every time I read the issue.
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #32
aprilsfan
Foot Soldier
 
aprilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 156
next i

Raphael - Bad Moon Rising #4
Ship Date: October 15, 2007

Format: 32 B&W pages, full color cover, standard size comic
Retail Price: $3.25 US $3.95 Canada

Cover by Ross Campbell; Story by Murphy; art by Jim Lawson and Eric Talbot.

This all-new 4-issue mini-series picks up immediately after the events of the werewolf-filled pages of Tales of the TMNT #7! The conclusion, as Raphael, Shadow, Lulu and Lilith find out exactly who’s been pulling their strings, and why! Cover by Wet Moon’s Ross Campbell.
aprilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #33
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
At the beginning, this story did not seem appealing to me. Possibly due to its being a Raph one. However, after reading the original Tales volume it was based on- I want to get my hands on it. I'm off Friday- I will definitely swing by the comic book store to see what new stuff they have.
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #34
aprilsfan
Foot Soldier
 
aprilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 156
you should be able to find that tales of tmnt #7, unless it is just too old and out of stock. as for spin off issues, i dont think any of them have been released at, least i have not heard much chatter about any released. here are the release dates as they are for the time being, things sometimes change.

Raphael-Bad Moon Volume #1 - june 1 2007 (has this one been released?, sometimes mirage issue get released late)

Raphael-Bad Moon Volume #2 - august 7 2007 (might change)

Raphael Bad Moon Volume #3 - september 7 2007 (again might change)

Raphael Bad Moon Volume #4 - october 15 2007 (again might change)

all future comic release dates and info can be found at this link

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/upcoming.html

Last edited by aprilsfan; 06-14-2007 at 02:52 AM.
aprilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #35
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Okay, it's been over a month since the first issue was supposed to be released. Does anyone even know what's up with this series?
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #36
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
The book isn't out yet. Murphy posted on his blog that it's due out July 17th (so it'd be in shops on the 18th).
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #37
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it!
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #38
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Midtowncomics.com has confirmed that Tales of Raphael #1 and Tales 36 will BOTH be out this Wednesday (Jul 18th).
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.