The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #21
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Never found Jake or Tristan.

To Janus: Yes, Tokka was at the Heavy Metal booth on Wednesday night.

Here's me and Tokka on Friday:


All of my photos are now on Flickr here.
hahah my 2 fave dromers together!
Man I hope Tokka didn't get that blood all over him when He asked Kevin to draw Lord Dregg and mung for me hahahaha
Since I couldn't make it this year myself.
I do plan to go next year though!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #22
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
To Janus: Yes, Tokka was at the Heavy Metal booth on Wednesday night.

Here's me and Tokka on Friday:


All of my photos are now on Flickr here.
Heh, cool. But he looked so clean cut when I first saw him.

I really dig the April/Casey couple.

It's really cool that you've seen Kevin so much that he knows you guys. When I asked him for a pic he was all, "Sure, let me get out from here for it. I gotta go say, 'Hi' to my girls too."
__________________

Last edited by Janus Prospero; 07-31-2007 at 01:07 AM.
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 AM   #23
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Hey I saw that Casey wannabe!


You saw the map turtles and the two painteds there at Sea World. I go look for them every time I got a trip there.
Shoot...I think I might've seen you at the con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus Prospero View Post
Here is my turtle-related round-up from the con. I'll put it all under a spoiler cut since there are pictures and I'd like to save people having to scroll through it all if they've seen it before and/or don't care.

Spoiler:
This is actually the first Comic-Con I've ever been to, so it was all very exciting.

Before the doors opened on Wednesday, I looked through the program book and organized my plan of attack. As soon as I was in I made a beeline for the Heavy Metal booth. Kevin was there and people were already talking to him and having him sign things. One guy even brought a new movie poster, which didn't really make a whole lotta sense to me, but whatever. So I kinda meandered around the booth looking at all the scantily clad women and saw that he was selling his artobiography (50% off, w00t.) I was going to have him sign my collected book, volume 1 and I had actually constructed a device out of cardboard, duct tape, and a zip-lock bag to keep it mint. But when I saw the artobiography I felt that was the way to go.

About this time Leonardo from TMNT-L showed up and started talking to Kevin. We've never met before (on or off line), but I knew her by reputation. Kevin showed us a picture of his kid, who is adorable. Then her and I started chatting about the Masquerade last year and the difficulties of wearing the Leo costume. Roseangelo and her army showed up shortly thereafter. I think tokka was with them, but I'm not sure. (Maybe one of them can confirm/deny this?)

Anyway so Kevin signed the book I had just bought. He also drew a turtle in it with "COWABUNGA!" Way cool. We talked a bit. I asked him what he thought of the new movie and he said that he loved it. He felt that it was true to the turtles and he gave Kevin Munroe mad props. I asked him if he liked it better than the original movie and he was like, "No way." Makes sense since it was based off his work.

Then I got my picture taken with him.

Kevin is such a cool guy. Just talking to him for a short bit, you know he's the kinda dude that you could just sit back and have a few beers with.

Let's see. I picked up a Usagi Yojimbo action figure from the Darkhorse comics booth. Then found my way to Stan Sakai's booth and bought a TPB from him (which was already signed, but he was willing to personalize for me.) I showed him my Usagi figure, which I had originally planned to open and display at work, but he asked me if I wanted him to sign it, so I was like, "SURE!" Now, he's staying in the box, LoL.

For some dumb reason I didn't get my picture with him then, but Saturday I came back and got one.

It was a little over-exposed, from the flash but I was able to fix that with a little photoshopping so it no longer looked like we were glowing.

Finally, I saw this dude, dressed up like Casey Jones:


Oh yeah, and Sunday I skipped out on the Con and went to SeaWorld where I saw some real turtles.

awwww...
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:36 AM   #24
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Your pictures are awesome, Rose.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #25
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
I only saw BL, tOk, and Roseangelo... if I saw anyone else, it went over my head. *sniffles*

Kim and Kevin on Friday-- I put it under this because of size.
Spoiler:
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:59 PM   #26
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Is anyone else thinking "Busey"? More Jake than Gary, but tOkKa's got this Busey-look on his face in this photo. *heebie jeebies*
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #27
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I had an Awesome time with you guys , the Con was great sadly we'll have to wait again another year..

Here's Leo and Stan Sakai

__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #28
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Finally getting a chance to unpack from Comic-Con...

Here's my Kevin Eastman and Simon Bisley action figures:


I unintentionally put Simon through a bit of trauma having him sign it.. He was a good sport, though.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #29
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Thats so cool I've never seen those before... they're funny looking... but a great addition to a collection specially since you managed to get them signed, great find Rose
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #30
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
Thats so cool I've never seen those before... they're funny looking... but a great addition to a collection specially since you managed to get them signed, great find Rose
They were at Kevin's booth. I saw an awesome picture of you with Kevin, so I know you were there. But they were along the back, so probably easily missed.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #31
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Most likely that's what happened I was there for a while but I was really all psyched as it was... plus I'm easily distracted ...I'm glad I did get to see you there, hopefully well get to talk more next time since it was all hectic in there
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #32
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
...I'm glad I did get to see you there, hopefully well get to talk more next time since it was all hectic in there
Yes! I'm glad we got to meet up briefly!!!

And I'm sure Kevin will have the figures again next year. I hope so, 'cause now I need to buy a set to open.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #33
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I know what you mean look at the bright side they will be easier to dust for know...( I have to take down the hole figure collection and start dusting them one by one the boxed ones are easier...I've been dreading this for days *cries* )
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #34
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I don't suppose anyone thought to ask Mr. Sakai about the likelihood of Space Usagi appearing on Turtles now, huh? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:39 AM   #35
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Question 666

-->> ..d4mmit,Jake.. i couldn't find you neitherrrr.. GRAAAAAAAAHH!!
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:40 AM   #36
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
eee



-->> ..gee whizz !!
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #37
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113


Hey look! I think tOkKa's smiling!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #38
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post


Hey look! I think tOkKa's smiling!!
or is gonna eat you hahah
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.