The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #21
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I think whoever writes the Army of Darkness/Ash Williams comics should do a crossover lol. TMNT with Ash fighting zombies. I like it
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #22
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Call me crazy, but I like Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men for it's witty dialogue. I'd like to see his take on TMNT.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
I like beer.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #24
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Joss Whedon will always find an interesting element to the concept.

Warren Ellis is also very good.

Having almost completed a Masters in TV Scriptwriting and heading for a 2:1, I would love to write a TMNT series as well. I have a great affinity for comics and especially the ninja turtles.

Also, looking at the state of British television, it is hard to get a job on anything, let alone anything decent. And my 23 years of age would work against me in finding a job, unless it's on rubbish. I've noticed a lot of the big comic writers are English/British and it would be a dream job. It's also something I will explore in the future, if I can find a willing artist on the board.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #25
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
We should talk.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #26
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Are you an artist then? If so, we should talk. But not until my final deadline has passed in mid-September.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Gary Carlson.

He already wrote all 23 issues of Volume 3, and I wanna see more of his stuff!

Okay, sorry guys, continue. I'm an Image TMNT fan, and this stuff happens sometimes.

I've said my say, so now I'll leave.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #28
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael_is_cool View Post
Are you an artist then? If so, we should talk. But not until my final deadline has passed in mid-September.
I'm hardly pro, but I try. I was going to be the co wrighter on the fan made Ultimate TMNT web comic until my co creators got called away on diffrent stuff and I got apathetic through lack of scanner. But I'm getting one soon, so...
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:18 AM   #29
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Being pro, doesn't matter. This is more for fun really. Do you have any links to your work so I can get an idea of your style?
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #30
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
No. See, that's kind of where the lack of scanner trips me up. No Deviantart or anything. But it looks like I'm finally going to be getting one, so...who knows.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #31
kev trashcan
Hench Mutant
 
kev trashcan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sf east bay california
Posts: 265
i think i'd be cool to se frank miller do ninja turtles, or tod mcfarlin. mostly frank miller, it would be crazy if he did.
kev trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #32
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
frank miller, lol, i can see it now "we're the goddamn ninja turtles!"

personally i kinda dig that mulder and scully idea from above. it would be pretty cool if it was from their point of view and they never made complete, 1 on 1 contact with the turtles. just glimpses, moving shadows, stuff like that
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #33
kev trashcan
Hench Mutant
 
kev trashcan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sf east bay california
Posts: 265
hahaha hell yeah, were the goddamn ninja turtles would be awesome
kev trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
Sign me up for Frank Miller aswell
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #35
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Zeb Wells
Warren Ellis
Fabien Niscieza
Ed Brubaker
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #36
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Saying Frank Miller for the thousandth time. It would be really interesting, as long as he doesn't make it too ridiculous like All Star Batman and Robin. It works for Batman, but since the TMNT were originally a satire anyway, it would be kind of unnecessary.

Brian K. Vaughn would be interesting as well. IMO Runaways is one of Marvel's best new creations in a long time. Kirkman could be interesting too.

Who I don't want to see touching the Ninja Turtles: JMS. I don't want to have it revealed that April had been sleeping around with Shredder (if you get this reference, then you've also read the worst Spidey book ever).
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #37
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Yeah, there are better ways to make Gwen Stacy more than a mary sue memory than retaconing in a five minute affair and leaving behind two man children.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #38
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
My Choices:

Larry Hama - the guy knows comic book ninjas! He created or practically created Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and the whole Arashakage Clan for G.I. Joe, plus his run on Wolverine involving Clan Yoshida had some of the best Japanese based stories yet. He also knows the X-Men whose characters served as archtypes for the TMNT.

Joshua Elder - he does a Tokyopop American manga turned recently syndicated newspaper strip called Mail Order Ninja which is hilarious, he knows how to combine pop culture and ninjas with hilarious results, it would be a more OT-like take on the TMNT maybe, but it would be a heck of a lot of fun to see.

Nobuhiro Watsuki - okay, I know this one will never happen, but the guy loves American comics, and I'd love to see a real Japanese sequential artist, especially the one who did Rurouni Kenshin tackle the TMNT, his work has the right blend of action, comedy, and historicality to really put a cool spin on the TMNT stressing values like love, heroism, and redemption and some of the best kick butt action I've seen in a manga. He could bring a real intensity to the TMNT but at the same time balance it with the sense of fun the early Eastman & Laird issues also had.

I'd like to see Frank Miller, but not if the result would be anything like All Star Batman and Robin.

I'd fear what Grant Morrison would do to be "edgy and postmodern with TMNT" no thank you!

I'd like to see Chuck Dixon though. I haven't read his Robin, but I'm starting to read his Connor Hawke run on Green Arrow, and Connor was a martial arts, bow weilding, late teenage hero trying to follow in his father's footsteps. I think he'd do a good job.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #39
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
While Morrison wouldn't be my first choice, his current run on Batman and his run on X Men show he knows how to build a mystery and deliver the action. Now this guy I'd definatly go for.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.