The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #21
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Sorry DK2, but as to what Dan is talking about there, I have zero clue
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #22
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
Yeah I'd wish they'd do that unreleased Art of Mirage. Seeing all of Peters art on his blog makes me wonder why he don't do it still. Kevin can make a art book why can't he?
Because it would actually require working.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
If the comics ends then what is Mirage's source of income, just the merchandize from the cartoon?

Do all the guys like Jim Lawson, Murphy, Dan, etc. rely on the comic for income?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #24
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If the comics ends then what is Mirage's source of income, just the merchandize from the cartoon?
The comic doesn't make money; Mirage's only source of revenue has been licensing rights for a long time. It's pretty easy money.

"Hey, can we give you a bunch of money to put pictures of Ninja Turtles on pajamas?!"

"OK!"

"Can we give you a bunch of money to NOT publish books with Ninja Turtles?!"

"BRING IT ON!"

Quote:
Do all the guys like Jim Lawson, Murphy, Dan, etc. rely on the comic for income?
Lawson, yes. Murphy, not completely. His main job is with licensing, but the money he gets for the comic book work he does do doesn't hurt. Dan's main job is the Web site, but the extra comic book money also can't hurt.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #25
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
I read this issue and thought it wasn't bad. Looking back into the Fugitiods background was neat to see. The one thing I have to say was the art style. Spazzy, squished looking, exagerated artwork is very hard to look through.
Roseangelo thats funny that you said the lost "Art of Mirage" book would require Peter Laird to work.
Thanks for the reponse Tristan.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,405
Well, the story was good. Good fun. Never been really married to the character of Fugitoid, but I've never minded catching up with him either over the years.

Now I hate to say it but the style of art here, though, just didn't seem to mesh with the story at all and, at more times than not, made it a chore for me to get through. But I did enjoy.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #27
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant
 
Daniel Orduna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: torreon coah mexico
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Sorry DK2, but as to what Dan is talking about there, I have zero clue
k buen pedo k tenemos un we del staff de las tortugas con nosotros..
k envidia tu as de saver k pedo con todo de las tortugas y io muriendo..y pensando k possiblemente mueran
__________________



float like a butter fly sting like a bee
Daniel Orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I barely heard of Fugitoid 'til I picked up a bunch of Mirage about 8 years ago, and I never really got to read most of 'em more than once, but it's a neat character. The new 'toon eps fleshed him out a bit for me, I think. I dug the issue, I always like "secret origin" kinda stuff (except when April turns out to be... ehhh, what's the point anymore...), so I dug this issue.

I wanna see Fugitoid and Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman have a philosophical discussion about the nature of human intelligence/cyborg body existence. Written by Grant Morrison.

HA, no I don't.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #29
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I wanna see Fugitoid and Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman have a philosophical discussion about the nature of human intelligence/cyborg body existence. Written by Grant Morrison.

HA, no I don't.
Oh, jeeze. I...I think I kind of do.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #30
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
It'd be cool, for sure, but there doesn't seem to be much love for GM these days...
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:36 AM   #31
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Well,
I finally got this issue and while the art is decent in it's own way certain things bothered me or took me awhile to figure out what exactly was going on.
The biggest problem I found with the art was that the size of the Turtles heads kept changing shape.
But for me this issue wasn't about the art it was the deep story of something that never really crossed my mind before.
Making Fugitoid wonder if his mind went into the robot or if it's just a copy, and looking into himself really made this one of the best issues in a long time for me.
I'd definitely enjoy some sort of new Fugitoid mini series.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #32
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Well,
I finally got this issue and while the art is decent in it's own way certain things bothered me or took me awhile to figure out what exactly was going on.
The biggest problem I found with the art was that the size of the Turtles heads kept changing shape.
But for me this issue wasn't about the art it was the deep story of something that never really crossed my mind before.
Making Fugitoid wonder if his mind went into the robot or if it's just a copy, and looking into himself really made this one of the best issues in a long time for me.
I'd definitely enjoy some sort of new Fugitoid mini series.
That's the same conclusion I took from the book. Very deep story that really gave the Fugitoid mythos a new twist.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tales of the tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.