The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #21
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I, too, thought it was odd that no one died. Tales is so back-and-forth about violence, swearing. I mean last month every other word was ****, and this month we get, like, "imbecile" and "doofus" and stuff.

Not much to say about Jim Lawson's art this month. I wish he didn't rush so much. I really did like his art of the Turtles at the start of Vol. 4, but now everything is stylized way too much. Or too little. Please Jim, bring back rulers and rounded body parts.

I do notice, however, that Mike is getting a bit more screen time in the comics these days. I can't complain about that.

It was a cute story, but... wow, I never thought I'd say this. Tales is getting almost a little too sappy at times for me! I mean ... we know they're a family. We're never allowed to forget. I really liked how, in Vol. 4, the Turtles got kind of split up for a while ... you know there will be a nice reunion when they get back together, but it won't be too maudlin.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #22
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
I liked this issue. If there ever was a TMNT Vol.5 series that took place between Vol.2 and Vol.4 (as speculated in another thread) to go over the Image Vol.3 series. I wouldn't mind if it started from this type of story. 'Cause Vol. 4 started off with the Madhattan Militia seen, now this Tales issue shows us where the TMNT first met the MM gang and that group has a rivalry with the Purple Dragons. I think this is a great spot for such a new Mirage TMNT book to carry on from. The TMNT try to stay and protect thier friends where ever they go, etc. How it effects them and how do these gangs' presence effect the city. Maybe some Foot stories in there too. I think it'd be a great for a new series' foundation.
Its slipped my mind about the lack of violence and the difference from issue to issue about the language thats used. Yeah you'd think it'd be more in tone to what the TMNT world is like, something more like the real world. But its only a comic book, but it does kind of make the Mirage editors inconsistant.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tales of the tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.