The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Mike not having chucks?
I am very upset/bothered by it 21 28.00%
I am mildly annoyed with the decision, but I'll get used to it 30 40.00%
I'm quite please with the change 24 32.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
Its Not the first time Mike dont use nunchucks!!!...
Now there's the power of positive thinking.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Koschei
Hench Mutant
 
Koschei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So... why did they give Mikey a weapon with a sharp blade.... if we know he won't be able to cut anything with it?
That was my first thought.
They took away his chucks and gave him a brutal weapon that will be used less than Leo swords.
Koschei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #23
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
you mean the toy colors?
In the OT the pretty much got the same colors.
My mistake, yep!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koschei View Post
That was my first thought.
They took away his chucks and gave him a brutal weapon that will be used less than Leo swords.
In for a penny, in for a pound, isn't it? You're not going to be seeing Leonardo or Raph stabbing or slicing anybody with their katana or sai either... should y'all start lobbying for them to be replaced with other stick weapons like Donnie's so as to make them all functional on-screen now?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #25
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I just saw some lady named God in a dream, and she told me that this show will premiere December 24th, 2012, and even went on to tell me that Michelangelo losing his 'chucks forevermore is why the Mayans decided anything after the 23rd to be "not worth putting on the calendar". Take that for what it's worth. o.o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #26
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
I suppose I'd be disappointed if there weren't pre-existing Vol 1 canon supporting his use of that weapon, but since there is....this really doesn't bother me all that much at all.

If they can keep him from being Dude!Mikey, he can fight with ribbon for all I care.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #27
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,182
Viacom may be a big corporacion and the show is theirs however the show isn't being made by Viacom itself, but producers and other staff and they do listen to fans, feedback and whatnot even if we are not the target audience. Lets not forget Panthro in the new Thundercats cartoon he got to keep his nunchucks.

Edit:Apparently from one of Alex's tweets we shouldn't be going all doomsday over the chucks, well thats a relief, I'm definitely extremely excited now.
Quote:
Regarding the weapons, that’s just one of many images that was used for the composite. Don’t get your panties bunched, it's ok. Promise.
Incidentally, what kind of sense would it make to "outlaw" two wooden sticks, but replace them with a swinging blade on a chain? Come on.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #28
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I really don't care, I'm excited about all of this and I hope they change more than just weapons.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #29
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
Isn't it a little early to complain about this? What if Michelangelo does still have nunchucks, but not in this piece of art?

Either way, I'm not the target audience for this show, so they can do what they want. The old cartoon and Vol 1 of the Mirage comics is still "Ninja Turtles" as far as I'm concerned. Everything else is gravy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Which phase of denial are we at now? I get them mixed up sometimes.
Well Andrew, Toon has just stated this is basically concept art, and that the chucks are safe... Time will tell.

On topic, it's a welcome change for me. I think it's awesome.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #30
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
It seems according to Alex D. it's a moot point, but hell, I don't care if they give him a tennis racket to fight with. As long as the show is good, it doesn't matter. The point of a new universe is to establish something new.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #31
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
I think they should just take away everyone's old weapons and give them all bo staffs, ya know, so it's like the TMNT equivalent to "This is Spinal Tap" where they play a song with all bass guitars. Okay, so not really, but Mikey needs his 'chucks, maybe a minor detail to some, but it's the same principal as if you took away Leo's katana and gave him a bisento or something. You wouldn't take away the Green Lantern's ring as the source of his power, you wouldn't take Wolverine's claws and give him brass knuckles, etc. etc.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #32
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
I'm frankly not that upset.

I mean didn't the Mirage turtles actually used guns at some point? And also Mikey was forced to use a grappling hook in the OT, he got tonfas in TNM, so if he's eyeing another weapon then its OK.

Plus there's this.



I guess we should be glad they never had a tv series then.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #33
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
I mean didn't the Mirage turtles actually used guns at some point?
Hahahahahahahaha.

No.

There was one (non-canon) issue, that's it.

Dunno if Bodycount counts, nor can I even recall for sure if Raph used guns in that.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #34
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
I thought Don used a gun a couple of times.

__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 03-08-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #35
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
I thought Don used a gun a couple of times.
Not that I recall. I can't speak for vol.4, though. If he used a gun it must've been on some alien planet.
They never actually used "real guns" to my knowledge.
Don did have a cannon of sorts come out of his arm when he was a cyborg, but I don't think he ever used it in a fight.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #36
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not that I recall. I can't speak for vol.4, though. If he used a gun it must've been on some alien planet.
They never actually used "real guns" to my knowledge.
Don did have a cannon of sorts come out of his arm when he was a cyborg, but I don't think he ever used it in a fight.
Mirage Don is a wee bit vicious, I'm afraid. I mean look at Baxter.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #37
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Don only used guns when he had to. In City of War he actually vocalizes his displeasure for guns whilst shooting an Elite Foot.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #38
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Don only used guns when he had to. In City of War he actually vocalizes his displeasure for guns whilst shooting an Elite Foot.
When I read this Obi-wan Kenobi came to mind. ''So uncivilized''.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 AM   #39
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Hahahahahahahaha.

No.

There was one (non-canon) issue, that's it.

Dunno if Bodycount counts, nor can I even recall for sure if Raph used guns in that.
Raph fires guns in Bodycount. He removes the trigger guard so his fingers can fit.

In RTNY they use a rocket launcher. In the Unmentionables they brandish guns but never fire them. Raph and Leo both use laser blasters in the bar fight on D'Hoonnib and I think later on against the Triceratons. In Terror by Transmat they also use laser blasters. Also in Fun with Guns Raph grabs a huge machine gun but doesn't get a chance to use it.

There might be more instances I'm forgetting but it has happened. Usually seems to be Raph that does it, which is no surprise.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #40
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
I picked nr3. But really I don't care that much, this early. It's a new version of TMNT, a whole new reboot, fresh universe a different continuity.
Bit surprise he's the only one who gets a different weapon, we'll see when the show airs. Maybe he'll have chucks despite the artwork.

This is a bit overblown
this way to much over blown, people get over it if he doesnt have them and just be happy the Turtles are still around, hmmmm i have an idea lets have mikey keep his chucks and not use anything else even if he has them but no more turtles. How does that sound?
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.