The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #21
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
Excellent! Greg Cipes is a great choice for Mikey, and I'm pretty pumped about Sean Astin too!



So that's 2 Goonies who are also Turtles. I fully expect Data, Chunk, and Josh Brolin to be in the upcomiing movie
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #22
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
God I love the casting for the turtles.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
The more I think about it, the more I think Cipes will do a good Mikey. I'm sort-of imagining a slightly lighter version of the Kevin voice, only acting kind of like Beast Boy.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #24
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
I now know where I know Cipes from.
I went to a Voice Panel at a con a few years ago. I think it was ComicCon in '09, but I don't remember enough to be sure. Anyway, he was one of the panelists and he was...not on top of his game, let's just say.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #25
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I was just talking to someone about that. Apparently he isn't a big sci-fi/comic book fan. Infact he seems to be more into surfing than playing fictional animated characters.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #26
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
"And now, with Turtles, that’s one more group of screaming fans.
I’ll start hiding behind pillars in airports and doing the Raphael voice."
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #27
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
Raph: Turtles never say die!
Leo: what?
Raph: ...just roll with it..


Anyways! This is great news! I find it funny also that now there is 2 Goonies who played Turtles.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #28
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Can't imagine Astin doing a Miragey Raph. And, I'm certain Biggs will make a mockery of Leo (eventually, if not right away). Sounds like typical Nickelodeon to me.
Why so negative? First of all, Astin is an actor, let him show us his range before we jump to conclusions. Secondly, does he HAVE to be "Miragey"?

As for Biggs... same thing I said about Sean: He's an actor. Biggs normally plays "awkward pushover" type of characters, but the voice quality is certainly there if you ask me. And even if he did want to do his same old schtick for Leo, the producers and voice directors aren't gonna let him run wild.

Be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I was just talking to someone about that. Apparently he isn't a big sci-fi/comic book fan. Infact he seems to be more into surfing than playing fictional animated characters.
Umm... certainly nothing wrong with that at all. Not everyone is gonna be a massive geek like us lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #29
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Oh he was having a great time at the con. Or at least it appeared he'd had a really good night at the con the night before. Perhaps if the lights in the room had been a bit dimmer.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #30
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
Michaelangelo is a party dude.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #31
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I approve of these fellas. Ya know, while I took my morning shower I said to myself "Watch, this is one of those days where the first thing I do ISN'T checking the drome which means I'll probably be late to the party on big news". Yup. I was. But still these seem like pretty good choices to me, I'm glad to have 'em aboard.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #32
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Can't imagine Astin doing a Miragey Raph. And, I'm certain Biggs will make a mockery of Leo (eventually, if not right away). Sounds like typical Nickelodeon to me.
You sound like a typical whiner to me.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #33
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
That's funny!! Sean Astin was in The Gooney's with Corey Feldman!! So that's now 2 turtles who are former Gooney's!

I love how they got a PROFESSIONAL SURFER to voice Michelangelo. I loved Cipes as Beast Boy!

As for Hoon Lee. Uh... I have no idea who that is...
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #34
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
Wait... that Sean Astin? No way! I didn't even think he did animated voice work!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #35
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
This is awesome news. I like Sean Astin and feel he'll do a good job as he was very good in Lord of the Rings. As for Cipes, I loved him as Beast Boy, so I think he'll do good work. I don't know who Hoon Lee is, but everyone is saying good things about him, so I'm not too concerned.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
I've discovered that Greg Cipes is a Reggea singer! I found one of his songs and LOVE it.

__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #37
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I approve of these fellas. Ya know, while I took my morning shower I said to myself "Watch, this is one of those days where the first thing I do ISN'T checking the drome which means I'll probably be late to the party on big news". Yup. I was. But still these seem like pretty good choices to me, I'm glad to have 'em aboard.
You think about ninja turtles in the shower?
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #38
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
You think about ninja turtles in the shower?
Not that I do, but I know as a day sleeper, I have issues with sleeping through Turtle news.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #39
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
Still pumped about today's news, but I'm greedy: WHO'S VOICING APRIL AND SHREDDER?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #40
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Good news, this. So this part of the show will be good, at least; the voice acting. It's very important t me to have the right voices, and while almost none will be better than the 2K3 voices, these aren't bad. Now I just need to worry about the writing.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.