The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #21
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
if someone wanted to they could buy 2 copies and ship me one. in return i would ship my color version plus pay for the shipping to me
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #22
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The problem with collecting is that people get too engrossed in limited edition numbers and this and that fact that makes their item better than another person's item. They forget to actually enjoy whatever it is they are buying.
I don't know that that is a particularly fair statement. For some of us, the hunt for limited runs is a significant part of the joy of collecting. For you to judge where someone's joy of collecting is derived from is kind of lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
And Stephan came out of LBCC with more than just this book, so his grounds for complaint are slim at best.
I'm not really sure how those books enter into the argument, but I'll address it anyway. Kevin and I had planned those books since we spoke about it at the Issue #1 Golden Apple launch. The fact that they changed hands at the convention is neither here nor there. In fact, those were done for me as a surprise on day two of the convention. I didn't know he was going to do them at LBCC until he told me at the end of the day on day 1.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #23
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I don't know that that is a particularly fair statement. For some of us, the hunt for limited runs is a significant part of the joy of collecting. For you to judge where someone's joy of collecting is derived from is kind of lame.
Which is why you went to the convention to get the book. You could have not gone and gambled getting it through the secondary market or through IDW if it didn't sell out. You made your choice. No sympathy.

All I was ever saying was that individuals are in control of making their own choices, and no one forced them to do anything or pay any certain amount of money for this book.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #24
King Suck
Foot Soldier
 
King Suck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Suck View Post
I dont like the idea of a soft tax on a more popular item.

Shipping on the TMNT ultimate collection cost me $15.18 for a total of 65.17.
the PoPbot BBB which is 3-5 times larger and over 10 pounds cost me $9.54 for shipping.

I was told this drink was the sh*t and here I am spitting out my first sip looking at you like WTF?! Tell Ted to lock it down. We have the memory of elephants.
I went back and looked over my to order receipts and in the case of BBB Media mail was used by IDW and on the Ultimate variant it looks like Fed Ex is the only option.

If Fed Ex gets it here undamaged Ill gladly pay a lil more on this and future orders for shipping. I apologize for my soft tax remark.
King Suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #25
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
I would only be upset if they printed more copies, thus making it not limited.
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #26
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Suck View Post
I went back and looked over my to order receipts and in the case of BBB Media mail was used by IDW and on the Ultimate variant it looks like Fed Ex is the only option.

If Fed Ex gets it here undamaged Ill gladly pay a lil more on this and future orders for shipping. I apologize for my soft tax remark.
Interesting, I was given a less expensive option, bringing my total to 57 and some change.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #27
King Suck
Foot Soldier
 
King Suck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Interesting, I was given a less expensive option, bringing my total to 57 and some change.
That got me curious and I went through the entire reorder process again to see if I missed anything.

I'm an Idiot. I choose the cheapest Fed Ex option without even seeing the USPS column shipping options. Oh well live and learn. My apologies to IDW.
King Suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #28
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Has anyone's order shipped yet? I haven't recieved a shipping notice yet.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #29
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
How fast do these ship? I canceled amazon and bit the bullet...

I ordered mine on Friday I assume they will ship out Monday.

I ordered it with Fedex ground when do you guys/gals think it will arrive, based on your experience. BTW I live in the ATL.
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #30
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Has anyone's order shipped yet? I haven't recieved a shipping notice yet.
^^^this
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #31
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
How fast do these ship? I canceled amazon and bit the bullet...

I ordered mine on Friday I assume they will ship out Monday.

I ordered it with Fedex ground when do you guys/gals think it will arrive, based on your experience. BTW I live in the ATL.
Amazon has them In Stock right now. My brother's book shipped today from them.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #32
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
I cancelled my Amazon order to get the limited edition... I liked that cover better.
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #33
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Has anyone's order shipped yet? I haven't recieved a shipping notice yet.
Mine did and it says I should get it soon
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #34
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Has anyone's order shipped yet? I haven't recieved a shipping notice yet.
These were listed for sale the day before Thanksgiving and it's currently Sunday. Waiting until Monday for anything to happen isn't unreasonable.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #35
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
These were listed for sale the day before Thanksgiving and it's currently Sunday. Waiting until Monday for anything to happen isn't unreasonable.
Wow it was just wed, lol I felt it was listed way before that is the only reason I asked. Trying to see what the average is in "processing and shipping."

As anyone ordered anything from IDW directly before?
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #36
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
These were listed for sale the day before Thanksgiving and it's currently Sunday. Waiting until Monday for anything to happen isn't unreasonable.
Never said it was. Amazon orders started shipping yesterday so I was just wondering if anyone's IDW order had shipped, that's all.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #37
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
I ordered my copy through Amazon and it's been shipped. I ordered two copies. One to collect, one to read. My amount came to $63.60. The S&H was $4.98.

Last edited by ssjup81; 11-27-2011 at 10:06 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #38
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
It's strange. My copy has yet to arrive at my LCBS.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #39
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
You lcbs probrobly ordered through amazon. Saved making $20+ off of you.
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #40
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Does IDW not give a shipping notice or tracking # ? I have yet to recieve anything like that...
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.