![]() |
|
|
#21 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 398
|
Both:
Non cg animation (too late) OT: April's design Raph's personality Funnier villans Insane Casey Jones Decent music in between scenes 2K3: Not much
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
|
I would rather see more elements from the OT, personally. I love the 2K3 toon, but I'd like to see new, maybe slightly more serious takes on certain characters/plot points from the OT. I would love to see a new take on Dimension X in this show.
__________________
"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself." -Dr. Zaius |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
|
You hit the nail on the head! I love that show more than any intreptation to this day. I have not gone more than two months since I was two from watching at least one episode of that show. It gets such a short end of the deal with fans and creators alike. Its time to see a darker approach to the version that gave us turtle-mania! Aside form characters I want ot see again I wnat to see as much of the original cartoon's portrayal of Michelangelo and Raphael as possible. That is what got me so into the TMNT in the first place as child.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
|
Yeah something set in the same tone as the first season and the tone of the Red Sky episodes would be perfect. Those episodes were more serious, with the Turtles using more of their Ninja skills, but still had some great humor in them. I really hope that it differs quite a bit from the IDW comic series, which I love, but that way with 2 different origins and stories we can get even more turtle tales and hopefully a comic adaption of the show, in lines with the Archie comic spinning out of the animated series. But maybe I'm alone in that, I love comics, so if we could have a toon adaption ongoing and IDWverse main series Ongoing I would be in Heaven
__________________
------------------- |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
|
The only way maybe to appease a great majority might be the continuation of the original cartoon in comic form and Mirage comic and even then there would be hold outs. I agree about the tone,but I would say seasons 1,7, and 8 if of the original cartoon. That would be the tone I perfer and think fits best with the TMNT overall. An increase of action, a little humor and sarcasm with a rare pizza reference, and an increase in characterization and continuity. The latter could use some work in the '87 series but I admit that is one of the major pluses I give the '03 series. From Notes From The Underground Part 1 through Reflections it has to happen in the exact order.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
|
For the turtles, I'd like to see a bold Leonardo of 2K3 where he really did some serious training. I'd prefer an OT-style Donatello as he kept the show interesting and serious yet funny with some of his gadgets that almost always broke, but grabs your attention when it comes to the plot. For Raph and Mike I'd like a mix of both; a Raph who is sarcastic yet also angry at times, and a Mike who enjoys pizza from time to time but also enjoys other fun activities and fights 2K3 style (no grappling hooks except as a joke, please!) And since the trenchcoats were cool in the OT, bring some form of those back so we could see the turtles out of the sewers and in public. Instead of a turtle blimp, use the turtlecopter since it was an original toy. I'd also like to see all other vintage Playmates vehicles not used in the OT in this new series, such as the Pizza Thrower and the turtle motorcycles.
Since April is only 16 I wouldn't mind damsel in distress captures from time to time in the early seasons, but as she grows older moves into an Action Girl role akin to the 2k3 series. Splinter seems to change the least with each universe except for his origin; I'd like to see more on his battle with Saki/Shredder discussed.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/ 30 years of Turtle Power! |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
|
OT:
- Rocksteady and Bebop! - At least and homage to Krang, like a Kraang version of him or something - Some of the light humor, but don't over do it - The Technodrome! 2k3: - Really good action sequences - A regularly appearing Casey (Starting with season 2, and even then he doesn't have to be in every episode just not nearly as little as he was in OT) -Low light scenes and a dark NYC
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
|
A combination of both.
Leo can still be the most disciplined and reliable but have fun with his brothers. Raph crack some jokes and be sarcastic like in OT but most importantly, have a short fuse like his Mirage/4Kids/Movie self. Mikey be the same laid back and fun-loving Turtle but keep those in check when in combat. Donny's contributions by providing vehicles be kept the same but no Wile E. Coyote logic. |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
|
One bit of the Old Toon that might be worth revisiting is the Punk Frogs, but I think they need some character development. I liked them for being amusing Florida stereotypes with those goofy shirts and swamp boy accents, but compared to the Turtles it feels like they came out of the blue. We saw why they got mutated, but how did they learn to talk, use their weapons, etc, isn't really explained, and it seems like it should take longer than they had.
I also don't see what's "punk" about them. I remember the first time I heard of them was in a trailer on a VHS tape, advertising the episode where they team up with the Turtles against Leatherhead; this trailer referred to them as "the feisty frogs" and I think that name is a lot better.
__________________
![]()
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|