The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #21
nintendo2600
Thug
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 70
I prefer the bat$hit crazy Casey. It was nice to have a character that was balls to the wall Charles Bronson style.
nintendo2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo2600 View Post
I prefer the bat$hit crazy Casey. It was nice to have a character that was balls to the wall Charles Bronson style.
That was the most entertaining Casey Jones version for me. "When are we going to break something?" and "Come back here you lawbreaker!". No law is too small for Casey Jones to prevent or deal out punishment on.

I want Casey Jones to be a reoccuring character opposed to the 2003 cartoon. Not too much but not too little like the five episodes he appeared in the 1987 cartoon. Maybe three episodes or so a season its on the air. It makes his character more special.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
I believe Nick has confirmed that he won't appear until season 2. If thats the case I really hope he has a pretty prominant role in that season to make up for lost time
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
I believe Nick has confirmed that he won't appear until season 2. If thats the case I really hope he has a pretty prominant role in that season to make up for lost time
I just don't want Casey Jones in every episode like he was for a while in the 2003 series. If he is used more sparringly but not as rarely as in the '87 series it would be best. It would make us want to see him more and maybe even a little more badbutt depending on how Nick uses him. I actually like thet Casey is being held off breifly and create build up for him similar to what is being done with Shredder in IDW right now.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
It would help if we actually saw the first season before replying to this thread to make it clear. But with the Turtles crush on April thread, I wonder if an episode in which Don & Casey compete with April to see who she really falls for, so that the anti-turtlecest squad can root for Casey to be the proper match.

I'd make Casey the dropout of college who gets probation and then flunks out and forces him to start his own life, but accidentally ends up with the Turtles/April. Alternatively, a Casey portrayed as a bad guy in his first appearance as a threat to the turtles before joining them could also work.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #26
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
so that the anti-turtlecest squad can root for Casey to be the proper match.
why would the pro-tcest folks root for April?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #27
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
It would help if we actually saw the first season before replying to this thread to make it clear. But with the Turtles crush on April thread, I wonder if an episode in which Don & Casey compete with April to see who she really falls for, so that the anti-turtlecest squad can root for Casey to be the proper match.
I love how you say "the proper match" as if to say Casey is the end-all/be-all of suitors for April, which is pig-ignorant at best. You're going by what the Laird era defines him to be, not what new ideas and interpretations will define him to be.

Some people think Casey is too obvious a match for April, and that he's long since had his turn so getting back with her in this continuity is too predictable.

I actually prefer seeing April with Mikey than Don

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 01-04-2012 at 07:06 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #28
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
I can't help but laugh at OT Psycho Casey who would break someone's legs just for jaywalking or littering. I say let Casey have his 4Kids personality. I suppose his Beserk Button can go off if he sees a horrible crime being committed by the Purple Dragons or something.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #29
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo2600 View Post
I prefer the bat$hit crazy Casey. It was nice to have a character that was balls to the wall Charles Bronson style.
IDK The new KC in the IDW series is pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There is a lot of new things about this KC, he is not jst a batty nut job. (Even though that isnt always a bad thing) but I think KC is jst more relatable in the series
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryukenden View Post
I can't help but laugh at OT Psycho Casey who would break someone's legs just for jaywalking or littering. I say let Casey have his 4Kids personality. I suppose his Beserk Button can go off if he sees a horrible crime being committed by the Purple Dragons or something.
Casey is cool in the 2003 cartoon and all but there is only one intrepretation that Casey has such unexplained anger that makes me laugh and smile. "Come back here you miscreant! How dare you cross in the middle of the street!"
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.