The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
Based on what I currently know about the show, this is what I would say:

-Compared to the original toon it will be more serious, but still have an element of comedy.

-Compared to the Next Mutation it will be something worth watching and possibly owning on DVD.

-Compared to the 4kids series it will be more comical, but still have some seriousness to it.

Then again the show could be different than what I'm expecting it to be, so it might end-up either more serious or more comical. That said, no matter what the show is like, I doubt I would change my middle statement. Other than changing the "possibly" part to "definitely".
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #22
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
naa man, it's an old secret that we CG animators don't actually make anything in CGI. it's all dudes in costumes, rendered in a cell shaded filter in post.

April in TMNT was just Sarah Michelle Gellar with a bobble head duck taped over her head
There is no way in hell that April in TMNT was SMG, April had way more meat on her bones



And I don't wanna predict how this show will be compared to the other series till we see more previews. 5 seconds of animation and some stills aren't enough for me to predict the quality of the show.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #23
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Making comparisons is just a big headache. TMNT has so many incarnations now, I think it's just better off to let them stand on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I don't know....

*slimed*
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
Making comparisons is just a big headache. TMNT has so many incarnations now, I think it's just better off to let them stand on their own.
I know what you mean, dude. There's always going to be similarities and differences between iterations, but if we try make sense out of which one's "better" we're just going to drive ourselves crazy!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
I think . . .

Compared to the original toon, it will not make it up to 10 seasons.

Compared to the Next Mutation, it will be a bigger success.

Compared to the 4kids series, it will be more popular and fantastic.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.