The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Wow...you're a real catch.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #22
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I remember in "A Thing About Rats", Shredder sent some Foot Soliders to kill Stockman after he helped Shredder build the Mousers. The first time I watched that episode I was suprised to thoink they allowed that.
Or what about in Enter: The Fly when Krang outright tries to kill Stockman? Man, it really sucks to be Baxter.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Or the times that Shredder and the Turtles practically killed or banished Baxter to an alternate dimension with nary a care. Man...made Baxter very pitiable.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #24
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Or the times that Shredder and the Turtles practically killed or banished Baxter to an alternate dimension with nary a care. Man...made Baxter very pitiable.
Like his final appearance in season seven, when he's moments away from turning himself back into a human (and even says as much out loud) before the Turtles tackle him and push him back through the portal?

Yeah, that never sat well with me. Honestly, I wonder why no one complained about that before the script was approved.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #25
LotusBlossom
Thug
 
LotusBlossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In the Bedroom of the House of Sand and Fog.
Posts: 70
Come on, guys ... be nice.

Anyways! How exactly does a villain trying to kill someone qualify as "pushing the envelope" socially? I mean, isn't that, like, what they do in every cartoon? (It even happens on "Gumby"!)
__________________
"Online gaming hundreds of times the speed of your normal internet provider! So easy to use! And the surgery to implant the chip at the base of your spine is virtually painless!"
LotusBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #26
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
Or in "The Great Boldini":

The Rat King enters the museum basement and meets the gangsters. "I am the Rat King!"

A gangster picks up one of the rats and asks, "And which one of thse little beauties is the Rat Queen, bandage-face?"
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #27
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Um....yeah. I can't believe they got away with that!


Wait...wha?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #28
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Um....yeah. I can't believe they got away with that!


Wait...wha?
Implied bestiality/light-hearted, throw-away word play.

Hide the children!
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #29
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Green With Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
Accaully I ment during the flashback.The fact that she was human and she wore a dress when the sub's engine room flooded,then the water receded and the dress was gone.
Isn't that Green With Jealousy.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #30
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
Isn't that Green With Jealousy.
No it bloody isnt. The sub in that one wasnt damaged much in that episode, other than having it's energy drained, and it's sole captive was April, who didnt wear a skirt
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #31
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
I think you guys are giving the OT a little too much credit for being progressive or boundary-pushing or something. I love that cartoon but it was pretty tame. I mean how many times did Leo or the Shredder actually harm someone with the sharp metal blades they walked around with?

Not that there were necessarily many opportunities for the cartoon to push many boundaries - it was a kid's cartoon after all.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Being violent isn't what we're talking about.

We're talking about the hidden depth of the humor that only adults would understand or the subtle social commentary of 80's life.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #33
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
What did he/someone say say? Can't recall.
I'm still wondering about the prostitute joke as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
In that Monkeys in the Jungle ep, there's a shot of Vernon wish his camera and it's pointed at April's bust the entire time. lol

Anywho, I made this post a long time ago, but I have no idea HOW this got past the censors! It's from that awful MACC episode.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=142

Very very very suggestive (imo)....but I guess it doesn't really fit the theme of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Son of Ch'rell*** View Post
I'm still wondering about the prostitute joke as well.
The part after Irma and Donny gets off of the train. Remember, Irma is "Ms. Donna Tello" or whatever. She was asking Donny what she was supposed to do next. Donny told her to wait for someone to pick her up. Then Irma said that she wasn't that kind of a girl (like a prostitute).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
This thread had me laughing. I wish I could've been around during the Donny x Irma discussion because I so agree with it. lol I also agree with what you all were saying about Donny's character in a general sense and how he seemed emotionally repressed, but were unleashed in some eps or another side was shown to him. This is why, going back to the series, I'm liking Donny so much.

Anyway, speaking of those two, in Donatello's Degree, I found these a bit suggestive.

This is when Donny first asked Irma to help him.

Irma: Donatello?
Donatello: Irma, I must talk to you!
Irma: Hey, drop in anytime! (It's the way she said it).

This is the part after they got off the train.

Irma: So, now what do I do?
Donny: You wait for someone to pick you up.
Irma: I'm not that kind of a girl!

That seems very suggestive, on Irma's part.

I still say the writers liked pairing those two up. Like for Donatello's Degree, how come Donny didn't think to ask April! lol

Last edited by ssjup81; 07-01-2012 at 11:19 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
You wanna talk about racy moments, how about we discuss Burne Thompson with his trampy girlfriend who was probably young enough to be his daughter?
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #36
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
You wanna talk about racy moments, how about we discuss Burne Thompson with his trampy girlfriend who was probably young enough to be his daughter?
Lol! You are you right! And she was all over him too.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #37
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Tiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
You wanna talk about racy moments, how about we discuss Burne Thompson with his trampy girlfriend who was probably young enough to be his daughter?
You mean Tiffany?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #38
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
In Muckman Messes up Rocksteady says something about boners.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #39
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBlossom View Post
Well, fortunately he doesn't know I'm on this forum. Besides, that's really not the only reason, anyway ... I also do it to horrify my mother.
You're a terrible person.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #40
IcyKali
Thug
 
IcyKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 73
Um, please don't murder me in my sleep for saying this, but I always wondered how this show pulled off Krang and Shredder's "relationship" without anyone raising an eyebrow.

I mean, it is sort of obvious....
IcyKali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fred wolf series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.