The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #21
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
how come the titles r so general these days? a new style?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Dark seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I hated the "red sky" seasons because they were two different than the original show. if it was a different show about he turtles, than it would be ok as it's own show, but as seasons of the original, light hearted cartoon, they felt out of place
Even season 1-2. are darker (but still light-hearted), and season 3 starts out dark before changing a little. My problem with Red Sky is the mutations.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #23
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I hated the "red sky" seasons because they were two different than the original show. if it was a different show about he turtles, than it would be ok as it's own show, but as seasons of the original, light hearted cartoon, they felt out of place
I see it like this.....In season 8, the turtles are matured and grown up. In real life, some teens become serious when they are older. As for Shredder, he decided to get more serious after being defeated hundreds of times. He finally got tired of their crap.
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #24
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
When I first saw them I was thrown a little, since it was a different take on the show I'd watched for years, but by then I was obviously a little older and viewed it as a show trying to grow with its audience once I got used to it. By then it felt like the show was getting back to what the earliest seasons did best, and I liked it. I wasn't crazy about April's redesign, but I liked the art style overall.

Just watched the Season 9 DVD the other day as a matter of fact, I dug it but not having Shredder in even one episode felt wrong, but I totally get why they felt they needed some distance from what fans were used to by then. The thing that bothered me the most was how hard Season 9 worked right from the start to establish Carter as "important", to the detriment of the Turtles. It's a common flaw shows fall into as they get older, relying on secondary cast members to give the main cast's shtick a break, but they overdid Carter.

I liked the Dregg plot more this time around. I like how everyone on Earth was clueless and taken in by Dregg and the Turtles were the outlaws trying to show everyone the truth. It created a bit of tension to the show that was missing for a long time. I'm looking forward to Season 10 now, more than I was. The show, as it was then, really could have lasted a few more seasons, but I think it was too late by then.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #25
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Aging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The show, as it was then, really could have lasted a few more seasons, but I think it was too late by then.
No, if so, the TMNT should age. I don't want the TMNT to be at almost the same age as 1987-1988, while the world enters the digital age. Simpsons and some other TV series and movies already have that problem.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #26
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
It's a problem more for The Simpsons because they go through stuff that should age them and grow them as people, but by next week they've typically forgotten everything that aged and grew them.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.